Community Member

Default KotC Paladin with a Bow Suggestions? Solo DPS Survivability Power Leveling

There's the Ranged option with Exalted Attack and Avenging Cleave but I'm not finding a lot of info about them. I've used the Melee version and they're really good but I wonder if it can be a great AOE that might rival other DPS. How would it work with Double Crossbow Inquisitor?
    Does Point Blank Shot increase it's range and stack with it with the +W damage PBS offers?
    I'm assuming it works with Precise Shot and Archer's Focus so if you let it stack and then AOE it buffs the AOE and the Imbue Dice?

I'm really trying to build a F2P Solo-Survivability Build to try since I play Hardcore Solo and want a power leveler with limited access to the Purchasable Enhancement Trees?
    Right now I have Inquisitor and Harper Agent and probably need to farm a lot of favor to get Falconry.

For this build I'm assuming 2Rogue/18Paladin for Evasion and Assassin Imbue Dice

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

While technically you can do, say, pure paladin KotC + racial Arcane Archer, I think Horizon Walker kinda killed all the archer builds not using HW. Though the Imbue changes does improve its DPS at least somewhat: e.g., 41 KotC / 14 racial / 23 AA gets you +11 Imbue dice and your choice of either Slayer of Evil (d6 Light, 200% RP scaling) or AA imbues (d8 elemental, scales with Spellpower). Or go 41 KotC / 14 racial / 13 AA / 7 Feydark: trade 2 Imbue dice to be fully CHA-based and have higher DCs for Holy Retribution and Silver Flame Exorcism.

Divine Inquisition should make dual xbows work with Favored bonuses in KotC. But since the crit bonuses from Holy Sword and Inquisitive don't stack; and the Inquisitive tier-5s and capstone are stronger than KotC's IMO, the main benefits would be Zeal (+10% Doubleshot) and bonus Imbue dice, AFAICT.

But the bigger issue is (in my experience) solo-leveling a ranged toon is a PITA, especially if you don't have inherent runspeed bonuses, because you're constantly kiting mobs.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

I like endgame bow but hard to imagine a bow build power leveling.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post