Default Christian Faith-based Guild

Hello everyone!

Today I transferred to Orien, and I thought it might be a good opportunity to attempt an idea of mine, which is to form a Christian guild in DDO. I feel like Christians, and Christianity as a whole, have gotten a bad name, through experiences with people who wear the mantle of Christianity, without any of the love, grace, or focus on self-improvement. Thus, I am hoping this could be an opportunity to change some of these perceptions.

A few disclaimers:
    -This is not a place of judgment and condemnation. This is a place for believers to build each other up, not tear one-another down. This includes how we interact with others outside the guild. I believe you can disagree with someone and still show respect to them.

-This is not a place of bashing alternative religions. Nothing positive can come from attacking someone else's religion, even if you believe it is justified, and consequently that is not acceptable behavior.

-This is not a checkbox to make yourself feel better. If you want to join, and everyone is welcome, then you are committing to publicly (in DDO) represent Christianity. Everyone will make mistakes, and that is expected, but as Christians we are called to ask forgiveness when we wrong others.

I know a lot of people play DDO to get away from the responsibilities of everyday life. I know this idea will not speak to everyone. But I believe, or at least I hope, that there are people out there who enjoy the game as a hobby, but also want to improve themselves continually.

If there is interest you can reply to this thread, or shoot an in-game message or mail to Sheikra.
    (I have a couple ideas for names currently, but I want to wait to see if there is interest before I lock in on anything -- name ideas welcome )

Thanks guys! Hope to hear back from you.
    Sheikra - Completionist Wizard

2. 03-13-2023, 11:46 AM

3. 03-13-2023, 12:03 PM

4. 03-13-2023, 12:09 PM

Quote Originally Posted by archest View Post
    it's ok you can talk about Jesus.
    you dont need a guild for that.
    There are guilds for people in different countries.

There are guilds for people with different languages.

There are guilds for people of different playstyles.

There are guilds for people of different ages.

Why would it be bad to have a guild based on a faith? And if you don't like the idea, I promise I will not make you join haha.
    Sheikra - Completionist Wizard

6. 03-14-2023, 05:52 PM

7. 03-14-2023, 07:33 PM

8. 03-15-2023, 07:54 AM

9. 03-15-2023, 11:28 AM

10. 03-15-2023, 01:39 PM

Community Manager

People are allowed to create specific guilds based on beliefs, and even announce their recruitment on the forums, we've been through this before. People in this thread should also already know that wider discussions about religion are not allowed. I have removed offending posts, and further discussion will lead to further action.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Default +1

Great to see new guilds with a focus on like-minded people! Wishing y'all the best!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!