Community Member

Default Racial TRing optimized order of operations request

So I play a good amount of Sorc. Nowhere near what many of you have. I’m looking for what everyone things the best way to to get 20 is on a Sorc. Please assume 0 racial points allowed. Please break it down by level, feel free to skip 12-20 if you want since it is pretty easy over all.

Some examples are using crossbows from 1-6ish? Which festa do you need to take, which do you swap out and take and what level do you swap them?

Spell choices to level the quickest, spell choice consideration based on type of content. Etc…

Quote Originally Posted by kanosis View Post
    So I play a good amount of Sorc. Nowhere near what many of you have. I’m looking for what everyone things the best way to to get 20 is on a Sorc. Please assume 0 racial points allowed. Please break it down by level, feel free to skip 12-20 if you want since it is pretty easy over all.

Some examples are using crossbows from 1-6ish? Which festa do you need to take, which do you swap out and take and what level do you swap them?

Spell choices to level the quickest, spell choice consideration based on type of content. Etc…
    Skills:
    - UMD (heal scrolls as soon as possible). If you can make a GS 3x pos for major heal amp that makes self healing much easier.
    - Spellcraft
    - Bluff
    - Heal

@Level 1-3
    Use a Barb hireling to help with damage.
    SLA from fire and acid trees with Max (level 1) and Emp (level 3). Add in Sonic Blast for a bit of range and for breaking boxes.

I prefer to xp stone to level 3 or 4 though.

@ Level 4: Maximized Scorch is amazing. Keep a regular Scorch in case you run out of mana. Use the SLA from the fire tree as well. Get cores in fire tree as fast as possible
    Spells: Jump, Nightshield, FF and Sonic Blast + Scorch.

@Level 5: Swap to cold for two quest - 3bc Fire Caves part 1 (I run that REHN as the xp is outstanding) and part 2. Use Snow Storm.
    Make very sure you have the trinket with 200 spell points (which is 400 on a pure sorc). You will be burning through mana fast.

@Level 6: Swap back to fire. Fire Ball will be your work horse till 12. Get the Scorch SLA when able.

@Level 7: Acid Ball as backup in case fire wont work.

Pick quests that work well with fire damage

Thats pretty much it till level 12 where I swap fully to Air Sorc - Chain Lightning, Lightning Ball, Air Dance and run speed boost fra Falconry = outstandingly fast. Cone of Cold for the few mobs types that are immune to lightning. The tier 5 ability to make a single rough enemy take lightning damage.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post

Make very sure you have the trinket with 200 spell points (which is 400 on a pure sorc). You will be burning through mana fast.
    Please tell me more about this trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Altra View Post
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Vibran...(unsuppressed)

Community Member

https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Vibran...(unsuppressed)

Quote Originally Posted by kanosis View Post

I use spells and the Fire+Acid* SLA's from the start. Maximize at Level 1, Empower asap (Level 1 if Human, Level 3 otherwise).

Assuming zero gear in the bank, I start with Expeditious Retreat and an AoE spell (Fire or Acid*) - that gets me to quests, gets me out of trouble once I'm in the quest, and is a (relatively) heavy-hitting hammer.

(* It doesn't matter what type of Sorcerer you eventually want to be, these two are AoE, so are clearly superior at this stage. A few plat will respec later if you want to go Cold or Electric.)

To get to Level 2 (and assuming you don't have enough XP gems), just stick to the Harbor solo's to start - just the upper ones, not Arachnophobia (which can be a challenge at L1). Sweet Sewer, Explosive Situation, and several runs of Miller's Debt will get you 4 AP and (close to) Level 2.

I like to put 2 points each into Fire and Acid, just enough for the SLA's - the cool-down is slow, but one blast of each AoE plus your chosen spell clears most problems. And you're just Level 2, you aren't facing that much trouble yet.

As soon as you take Level 2, grab some caster sticks from Keep on the Borderlands, easy farm. Now you have your spellpower. Add another AoE attack spell.

Grab the L2 Paladin hire from the Harbor (= fighter w emergency heals) and hit Korthos Village, fill in your SLA's so they cooldown faster for bigger fights, 4 pts in each of Fire and Acid. If you feel you need to, farm those Village quests to L3 before you do Collaborator and head out the gate to Korthos Island.

With any luck, you've picked up some useful droploot. At this level, that's good 'nuff. (Run Sacrifices twice, the second just a Hard zerg, for 2x Anger's Step. Swap out your Expeditious Retreat spell for another damage spell.)

Now you're Level 3, and have 2 choices. Either go to Keep on the Borderlands (use Shield spell if you are running Reaper), OR farm some xp for Level 4 (and Web!*) before running The Harbor.

(* you may want to lose Burning Hands here, as it removes Web. Ymmv.)

AP go into one OR the other tree, to specialize your damage. Keep 3-4 pts in the other, just enough for that Maximized+Empowered AoE.

And so on. From there things just take off and DPS starts to snowball. Swap in better gear as you find it. Farm up some lowbie gear if you want, or keep using droploot until Feywild.

That's a nice one, but rare. An easier farm is this:
    o https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Runic_Trinket