Hello,

I had 2 new ideas for Archetypes.

In fact,both of them are a little bit older - 2 or 3 years already. But only now, as a thing as "Archetypes" came into existence, I think it ... has become at least feasible to ... build them as, well, Archetypes.

The first one is the one I like most, but has far more difficulties to be explained lore-wise :
It is a mix between a Driud and an Artificer, using a *wooden* "Iron" Defender as a companion construct !
In fact i had developed this idea already a few years ago, but had to find out that Driuds cannot call Iron Defenders to break their Oath, but, that's what I at least thought, a "Wooden Defender" would be possible. Why not ? I mean, at least *someone* must have had thid idea on Ebberron already ! The only real problem lore-wise is, that I don't think that Cannith or any other "institution" able to do Warforged Ones of any kind would be willing to build a wooden construct. I mean, *entirely* wooden ! But, on the other hand, there's that "Warforged Peacock" ... So, someone *might* have had and done the idea to do an entirely wooden construcht ...
A Driud/Artificer mix would have t let Runearms go, though. And, wooden constructs would be more sensitive towards fire ... Or acid ...

The second one is based on an entirely possible Rogue play style that no-one plays these days anymore :
I call this one a "Rogue Bombardier". As you might remember, Rogues can build bombs out of Trap Parts. It is still entirely possible via the use of the workbenches. Yet I have never seen anyone play that one these days.
It wouldn't be - at least not in my image - a kind of Alchemist. Nope. It would be Rogue. But he or she would use the trap parts, and, additionally, wht the Free Agents vendor has to offer.
This would imho also be a GREAT possibility to FINALLY upgrade the use of Trap Parts ! Bombs would be possible with the use of *every* kind of trap parts ! For example "holy bombs" - imagine a vial filled with sacred water thrown at undead ones ! (Holy trap parts.) Or "force bombs", built with the use of Force trap parts !
This would bring new, fresh life into a long forgotten play style !

Well, that's at least what I thought would be fun.

Alrik.