Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default When are we getting new Epic quests

Currently we have the following quest counts:
    • Heroic: 444
    • Epic: 116
    • Legnedary: 144

The next expansion is going to add an additional 10ish heroic and legendary quests. More than likely level 18, which is a rather useless and unneeded level since most people on the TR train cap after doing the level 16 quests.

Heroic quest count seems fine 444 quests for 20 levels.
    Legendary is vey overrepresented with 144 quests for 2 levels.

But epic quests are seriously underrepresented currently with 116 for 10 levels. Can we get some new epic quests, preferably in the level 25 range. It would also be nice for these have some new gear in them to replace the level 15 Sharn gear that everyone wears.

The new expansion should be epic/legendary instead of heroic/legendary, I imagine it is to late for those kind of changes though.

We really need something new to do in the epic levels.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by merridyan View Post
    Currently we have the following quest counts:
    • Heroic: 444
    • Epic: 116
    • Legnedary: 144

The next expansion is going to add an additional 10ish heroic and legendary quests. More than likely level 18, which is a rather useless and unneeded level since most people on the TR train cap after doing the level 16 quests.

Heroic quest count seems fine 444 quests for 20 levels.
    Legendary is vey overrepresented with 144 quests for 2 levels.

But epic quests are seriously underrepresented currently with 116 for 10 levels. Can we get some new epic quests, preferably in the level 25 range. It would also be nice for these have some new gear in them to replace the level 15 Sharn gear that everyone wears.

The new expansion should be epic/legendary instead of heroic/legendary, I imagine it is to late for those kind of changes though.

We really need something new to do in the epic levels.
    Agreed. Level 25/26 is light, and we could defo use more elite quests.

As far as the 76 level 32 legendary quests we have, I would hope that some of those will have their levels raised the next time the level cap in increased. Seems like they're stacking it for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ereshkigal View Post
    Agreed. Level 25/26 is light, and we could defo use more elite quests.

As far as the 76 level 32 legendary quests we have, I would hope that some of those will have their levels raised the next time the level cap in increased. Seems like they're stacking it for that purpose.
    Could be, but all the loot would need to be adjusted also. I find the epic leveling really boring, doing the same quests (or slayers) every life, at least in heroics we have a decent bit of choice if you want to change it up.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Another mid epic x pack would be good. I will say though legendary isn't really overrepresented when you consider they are adding stuff there to support the eventual rise to level 40. It won't be only 2 levels for long. But yeah I would've much preferred the new expansion being epic/legendary instead of heroic/legendary.

Default Solution!?

Not trying to derail, and if the OP wants, I can make a seperate thread.

Lets name a few of our favorite Heroic Quests that could be converted into level 24-27 Quest and be great.

And I will explain how I would do it (I am not a programmer so maybe it doesnt make sense)

Many of these quest do not get run as much as they did in the past because new content sort of replaced them from the new TR Train.

Caverns of Korromar (in my Top 5 quest ever, I have made a Pen and Paper campaign out of this quest...its amazing).
    *I would take the monsters scaled from Epic Wiz-King and use them here, like the wraiths and such. Maybe make this quest level 21 or 22?

Gwylan's Stand
    *I would use monsters scaled VoN1 2 and 3 for these (Hobgoblins and Minotaurs)

Tear of Dhakaan
    *I would use monsters from VoN 1 2 and 3 again (Hobgoblins and the Golems)

Proof is in the Poison
    *I would use Epic 3BC as a template

Necro 1 2 3
    *Could use Epic Wiz-King for Necro 1
    *Could use Catacombs for Necro 2
    *Could use Necro 4 for Necro 3 Scaling

Sorrowdusk and Cult of the Six
    *I would use some Eveningstar Quest as the template, specifically Stormhorns

Threnal (can do the outdoor area too to include The Threnal Arena and those short quests we use to ransack while trying to get Sunblades)
    *I would use Druids Chain from Eveningstar

Invaders! (this quest back in the day of 16 cap was often like a real test for a team, lots of Nostalgia)
    *Palace of Stone and Necro 4 as a template

The Pit (though Epic abilities may trivialize it)
    *I would use Masterminds of Sharn difficulty, but have it at like level 24 so you CANT have level 29 gear and Bravery Bonus this one. It should suck, but be completable.

Any thoughts?

Also, if a computer programmer wanna say, "Hey Bacab, its not as easy as CTRL C and CTRL V to make content!" Understand this...I have no idea what I am doing, but I have used lots of DDO quests for PnP sessions so I think these old quests have value. SO sometimes I throw around stupid ideas about these old quests because I think they should be preserved.

EDIT: a way to monetize this...Call this pack "The Classics!" and update some quest rewards and loot and charge $19.99 make a collectors edition for $69.99 that includes an Improved Epic Otto Box and a Wish for Inheritance and a random Skill +3 tome and lets us use your Teleport thing to the Threnal Tavern since its the only crappy one to get to.
    Last edited by Bacab; 03-09-2023 at 04:52 PM.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    Invaders! (this quest back in the day of 16 cap was often like a real test for a team, lots of Nostalgia)
    This quest was released when cap was 10. It dropped gear ML over 10 we couldn't equip. It was a superb challenge back in the day.
    The Nak Abides - Argo - Ascent
    Ganak Goblinjuicer ~ Xanak the Irregular

Quote Originally Posted by Ganak View Post
    This quest was released when cap was 10. It dropped gear ML over 10 we couldn't equip. It was a superb challenge back in the day.
    Maybe give Invaders! The Pit treatment.

Make it level 24 but scale it to 29 or 30 like Sharn. So it's hard and you can't just lean into gear to brute force it.

I didn't know it came out a level 10 or maybe I don't remember it.
    But yeah it was THE quest for my group. Like you really had to go slow and it was rough because we didn't have airship buffs (back then)..so resist spells constantly got dispelled by the beholders.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Community Member

I seriously hope they never make another epic quest. We can do legendary quests at epic levels quite easily. I'd much rather they add only legendary quests from now on as those are the quests that have reaper exp doubled.

/Signed to Bacab's idea, and I'd also like to nominate The Spawn of Whisperdoom, The Church and the Cult, And The Dead Shall Rise to get the epic treatment. All of those already have named loot that could be redesigned to have epic stats without having to come up with entirely new items.

Another idea is making Menechtarun walkups epic and making all sands quests a saga.

Do something with Restless Isles already!

We keep getting more and more heroic quests, which is great, but it would also be great to give some of those less run quests new life in epics. I think they should be mainly ml 24-26.

10. 03-10-2023, 06:48 AM

Community Member

Could be, but all the loot would need to be adjusted also. I find the epic leveling really boring, doing the same quests (or slayers) every life, at least in heroics we have a decent bit of choice if you want to change it up.
    Yeah, last september, my genius self finally decided to go for all the completionists. But. I decided I wanted to do all the heroics first, then do the epics, and then, after having all those bonuses to support me, I'd do the Iconics & Heroics "because melee" and because I can't stand the sound that xbows and bows make.

Plenty of people suggested that I at least do the racials and epics together, but I had my mind set on doing it a certain way.

Now, as I approach the end of my racial completions, it dawned on me that I would be doing my epics with no racial bonuses and no bravery bonuses. It's fine, I guess, because this *is still how I want to do the them deep down, but the lack of variety in epic quests is really going to shine through for me while doing epics now... It's a shame Epic Reincarnation doesn't reset quest ransack. Oh well.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    I seriously hope they never make another epic quest. We can do legendary quests at epic levels quite easily. I'd much rather they add only legendary quests from now on as those are the quests that have reaper exp doubled.
    Hmm. I hadn't considered that. Also, I didn't realize legendary quests have double reaper xp. Thanks for making this post.

Community Member

Well I guess my thought would be that in a pinch, updating the loot levels would be less labor intensive than creating new quests, and that maybe, if they were planning ahead, they might have already done this work when they made the quest, so that they would just have to copy/paste it in.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

It doesn't have to be either or though. They could just do epic/legendary versions instead of heroic/legendary.

Community Member

You have my vote for Sorrowdusk and Cult of the Six. Assuming they could make it reaper, I would do Tangleroot over Threnal (sorry Coyle). Harbinger of Madness could work, I need more Yaulthoon in my life. Would be nice if they could do something more for Ataraxia. I have to imagine at some point the new packs will be epic/legendary instead of heroic/legendary, probably need another level cap increase or 2 first.

I like getting my first time reaper XP bonus running at R10, not R1 while leveling, don't want to waste the first time bonus just to level. Also what happens when they add legendary reincarnation? You won't be wanting to do legendary quests while leveling in epics.

Hopefully they can add a third "mode" so that at least SOME quests can offer 3 versions: heroic, epic, and/or legendary, instead of just heroic/epic. I understand if they can't efficiently add all 3 modes to all current epic/legendary quests, but hopefully some of their newer designs are easier to scale with little effort.

Would also make more sense since <L30 epic doesn't offer xp to legendary toons anyway. People would be less confused on when they can expect to receive legendary xp, as it would only be awarded in legendary difficulty, not epic.

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    It doesn't have to be either or though. They could just do epic/legendary versions instead of heroic/legendary.
    So few quests without a heroic counterpart, would love to see that type of pack to fill out mid epics and mid legendary as the cap moves up.

Hey devs, is it too late to switch the newest expansion from 18/32 to 2*/32? As others have said, L18 is such an awkward level. Due to BB and the "no Reaper xp for Epic toons" rule, L18 quests are basically unnecessary.

There is enough Epic content to comfortably run 20-30, but it gets very tedious if you want to throw in an ER or two, especially on an Iconic toon.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sithhound View Post
    Hey devs, is it too late to switch the newest expansion from 18/32 to 2*/32? As others have said, L18 is such an awkward level. Due to BB and the "no Reaper xp for Epic toons" rule, L18 quests are basically unnecessary.

There is enough Epic content to comfortably run 20-30, but it gets very tedious if you want to throw in an ER or two, especially on an Iconic toon.
    Base Level 11 and 13 are pretty bad, old and need some new blood.

lvl 25 has what 7 quests?

Sands is terrible xp, except for OoB (wizking is 12 so it doesn't count.)

Coin lords chains in lordsmarch is tiresome but at least 13 has GH walkups.

11/25 pack would be nice. Focused on XP not gear.
    Last edited by scut207; 03-10-2023 at 04:26 PM.
    Sarlona: Thrundrack, Fizzix, Swyft______(alts x20)

Quote Originally Posted by Ganak View Post
    Lol I’ve was in a couple party wipes back when that first came out.
    Chances are I posted this reply to your thread and won't be checking back. If you have a comment that you think I must see then a PM would be in order.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast