Community Member

Default Questions on Transfers

Hi All

I have a couple of questions I can't seem to find definitive answers for regarding server transfer. I'm FTP not VIP, so:

1. Can I migrate characters in different phases? I'm planning to move most of my characters ('cos gear lol) but will keep about 3 on Ghallanda with a few toys
    2. I haven't unlocked anything with Favour on Orien so what happens to characters I have with classes that were unlocked with Favour? I'm assuming no problem. e.g. I don't want to move my level 32 Favored Soul only to find out I can't play it (same thought with enhancement trees, although I'm sure mine were all pack / in-game purchases rather than favour unlocks)
    3. Anything else I haven't thought of that's not in the SSG notes (I'm aware of guild, mail, TR cache)

Ta

Community Member

For 2. you could test by creating a character race/class on the server, if you can create it then you're good to go.

1. You migrate characters one at a time, or select multiple individually in a multiple choice list on the transfer screen. You can do this process multiple times as well if you need to. I am not sure what you mean by "phases"?

2. If you have the per-server unlocked version of a class or tree you need to get it again on your destination server. The exception would be if you have surpassed the favor milestone on a transferred toon but haven't get gotten the reward, then you could unlock FVS or VKF via favor immediately after claiming your reward on your new server.

3. Your guild doesn't transfer, of course, but it will say "your guild has been disbanded" when you first log in. (I suspect this is because the game wants to place you in your old guild, realizes there is no matching guild ID, and assumes that the guild you belonged to must have been disbanded.)
    I am not sure if your mail will transfer.
    TR caches do transfer but are not "officially supported". The transfer page makes no mention of this and it's at your own risk, CS might not help if yours vanishes. Anecdotally, I transferred all my characters from Cannith and I didn't lose anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugaot View Post

3. Your guild doesn't transfer, of course, but it will say "your guild has been disbanded" when you first log in. (I suspect this is because the game wants to place you in your old guild, realizes there is no matching guild ID, and assumes that the guild you belonged to must have been disbanded.)
    Well now i wanna make a same name guild on two servers and transfer between them to see what happens.