View Poll Results: Which ML 20 crossbow would be best?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic Storm (bonus if you're an Artificer!)

7 87.50%
  • ML 20 Diplomancer (Inquisitive Diplomacy love)

0 0%
  • KotB Epic Ethereal Heavy Crossbow

0 0%
  • KotB Epic Sworn Silver Heavy Crossbow

1 12.50%
  • ML 20 E-star (described below)

0 0%
  • Something not listed (described below)

1 12.50%
  • Nothing - use a lowe ML crossbow (described below)

0 0%
  • I sear to Vulkoor, if I hear one more "tat-tat, tat-tat...", I'm gonna punch my monitor

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Inquisitive: best ML 20 crossbow?

So, I have some sentient gems lying around, and wanted to toss one into a weapon to get the gem leveled up with any named trash and duplicates I stumble across.

I could do this with any weapon, but IF(!) there's a decent ML 20 crossbow then it would do double duty, as I'm doing Racial Reincarnations now with an Inquisitive template and simply won't ever go much past 20.

However, if something lower ML (like Screamshatter, or just old Rattie, or whatever) is simply better into early Epics, then I'll go a diff direction with the weapon and not hope to get any Filigree love for TotT farming during my Inquis template phase. (But the toon's going to be here a while, so it'd be nice... )

The ML 20 candidates are...

1. Epic Storm

2. ML 20 Diplomancer (available now!)

3. Epic Ethereal Heavy Crossbow Keep on the Borderlands (trade in) (not averse to a good swap-weapon for undead)

4. Epic Sworn Silver Heavy Crossbow KotB (trade in) (meh, for completeness?)

5. ML 20 Eveningstar challenge (never done this, know it's "semi-random"; if(?) recommended could use some advice on what to aim/hope for :/)

(& I ~think~ that's it... hope so! )

Or do you recommend "none of the above" for early Epics, and to stick with some Heroic weapon - and which?

(Edit - and if this has been answered before, pls just toss down a link and I'll be on my way, and thanks! I Searched on this rainy Sunday afternoon, and found lots of "Best End-Game X-bow" and "Best Heroic X-bow"discussions, but no assessment of ML 20's. <shrug>)

Community Member

Epic Storm is the best by far with x3 multiplier and [d12]. But it's BtC, unlike the rest.
    Diplomancer is good if you need Light Crossbow. You do lose a bit of base damage for not using Heavy.
    I am actually fond of Epic Sworn Silver for its DR-breaking properties. Unnatural Bane actually affects quite a lot of enemies.

From heroic weapons, I like Nightshade Shooter with vorpal and built-in CC. Or Ratcatcher; depending on how overgeared the character is.

Fully upgraded Alchemical is very good too, personally pref Water version for Freezing Ice (provide helpless status) and Freezing Gale AoE (Will save).
    English not my native language. What's your excuse?

Copy/pasted from identical duplicate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SockyMcSockerton View Post
    Get the Diplomancer now because you can't get it most of the time and you might as well have it. It's a nice weapon even after the gigantic nerfs.

Then use Epic Storm unless you have a specific reason to use a Light Crossbow. Better crit profile and all that fun lightning goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto_Mk_I View Post
    Fully upgraded Alchemical is very good too, personally pref Water version for Freezing Ice (provide helpless status) and Freezing Gale AoE (Will save).
    Hmmm... I do have exactly one metric butt-ton of those ingreds... maybe something to check out, and compare to the Storm.

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Alchemical_Crafting

(I'm guessing Cold Iron, and let ED's cover any "good" DR breaking?)

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Hmmm... I do have exactly one metric butt-ton of those ingreds... maybe something to check out, and compare to the Storm.

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Alchemical_Crafting

(I'm guessing Cold Iron, and let ED's cover any "good" DR breaking?)

the question is, does it accept sentience? i don't know, i just know that generally speaking crafted\upgradable stuff like e.g. lgs and thunderforged do not.

this may or may not be a factor for you, it depends on your plans\sent availability
    storage solution suggestion: Collection

omni-cosmetic system suggestion: Arbiter d'Phiarlan, the Weaver of Guises

Quote Originally Posted by Valerianus View Post
    the question is, does it accept sentience?...
    The Wiki implies they do, and I think I remember a previous discusion re same.

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Sentient_We...igible_Weapons

Anyone confirm?