Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Im not super impressed with it

It’s just ok

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreppo View Post
    Whatever they come up with, I don't want rotating perks. Too complicated and it's going to cause me anxiety as things I like (or don't like) come and go. I want the same perks every month while VIP.
    I think you have to have that consecutive number of months as well, so it's not like you can just subscribe to get the "months" reward that you like the most. This makes sense though, as the point would be to give perks to people that stay subscribed rather than try adn get someone to subscribe for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    That does not change my view on the matter. Its about having a trail follow you or not as far as I am concerned - not about the exact way it looks. Handing that over to every single VIP is not what I call a great idea.
    Aww...you won't be special anymore. I remember when I first started playing and saw a few other players running around with TR wings. About a week or two before I got mine, Things changed (probably ottos boxes) and everyone had them. I saw the tr wings as a badge of honor.....get over it is my advice

Community Member

4 is pretty pointless imo... money does grow on trees and items can be bound with the stone of change to prevent permanent damage.

9 I wouldn't play a ammunition based ranged character unless I could summon ammunition, so it seems pointless to me, plus ammo is cheap.

10 - I don't understand the benefit. Hirelings are cheap. Maybe shard-purchased rogues would provide some benefit for solo'ers that aren't just buffing Frogo to usefulness --- i mean I have him picking locks in level 18 content so... Even after a 10 year stack of these that would give 200% time extension, I don't really see much value.

I like the rest of them. Make the XP potion something that will stack with the DDO store potion xp buff timer though, eh? just keeps it simpler.
    Last edited by Ereshkigal; 03-03-2023 at 09:27 PM.

Some stretch perks, and retroactively?

2 yrs /5 yrs /10 yrs /15 yrs

And please consider a stretch perk for the handful of us who have been continuous paying customers over the last 17 years+.

Wow I've played this game that long...and the emotion is...rad!
    The Nak Abides - Argo - Ascent
    Ganak Goblinjuicer ~ Xanak the Irregular

Community Member

That does not change my view on the matter. Its about having a trail follow you or not as far as I am concerned - not about the exact way it looks. Handing that over to every single VIP is not what I call a great idea.
    it makes it easier for newer players to keep up in pugs that are running fast. In that regard it is a very good idea.

Community Member

Default Underwhelming

A lot of it is worthless.

10% fletching? What if I don't run a ranged character? And most every ranged build has access to spells or enhancements that get them all the arrows/bolts they could ever use anyway.

Hirelings last 20% longer? Has duration even been an issue?

10% less item wear? Please, item wear is a non-factor and even when you have some you just go to a vendor and spend some worthless plat to fix it.

Cosmetic footprints? What if I don't want to leave a trail? If I wanted to leave a trail I would just buy a cosmetic in the store.

You guys took over a year to come up with this? Seriously?

I was taught in several schools to always provide solutions to problems, so here you go:

A drop down menu letting me select from several monthly options. Daily gold rolls, for example, could be selected by some players and not others. Others could select crafting xp boost, or some other options. Make it selectable at the start of every VIP month. Have different rewards every now and then, mix it up. But don't insult us with 10% fletching or whatnot.

Community Member

Almost all of this isn't enticing in the slightest. I'd be surprised if anyone is surprised by this.

9. 03-03-2023, 06:14 PM

Community Member

So me, as a noob player, these dont seem too bad.

However, the box of many things are useless to me. I don't currently, and don't plan to do epic or legendary content. So sentinent exp etc is all meaningless. The portable shrine MAYBE, but I have a pocket cleric.

The 20% longer duration on hirelings _i really like_. I burn through them, and having one last some more minutes means less I have to buy, and fewer slots in inventory. I don't have a hireling folder, since I just carry clerics when I run out. I have been in situations where my cleric ran out, i left a mish, want to restart, but bleh i have to trek back to town for moar klericks.

Can we get something _useful_ in the box of many things that is more... casual friendly? As mentioned by others, +xp bonus would be _nice_. Maybe choose 5% bonus addition per box of many things, capping at 25%? That way you would have to wait through 5 box of many things to cap, and that is like, 2 years? I could see subbing for that long to get base vip +25% exp plus the once a year true hearts, _especially_ as a filthy casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Ereshkigal View Post
    well, they want progressively better rewards, really, but it's not that you get "x" on the third month of the year --- it's that you get "x" after you've been subscribed for 3 consecutive months... so I agree some of the rewards are ****... but also, as time goes on, they need to start out weaker and get better right?

The way they have it currently, I'd rather just unsubscribe every month, then re-subscribe so I can keep getting the first month reward. Or possibly every other month if there's something in the 'box' that you like better than 500 DDO points.
    Already asked about resubbing to get the extra 500, and it's a one time only bonus. In addition, no matter how long you wait, you will move on to the second/third/fourth etc month when you resubscribe. No way to ever get earlier months again.

So if you sub for 1 month you get 500 ddo points (As long as you claim them), then you don't sub for 4 months and sub again, you get the second month bonus when you sub again etc.

12. 03-03-2023, 06:38 PM

Community Member

it is remarkable how out of touch the creator of this list is with the regular players. Hearts? We have thousands of recommendations and seeds clogging our inventories. Fletching? Seriously, every dedicated ranged build has some way of ammo creation. Hirelings... I don't even know what to say to that. Why jump through hoops to create such a bizarre reward list? Just give VIPs a discount of whatever percent in the shop, that will make VIPs happy and also stimulate sales - e.g. being "fiscally responsible".
    Last edited by Martininice; 03-03-2023 at 06:43 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Martininice View Post
    it is remarkable how out of touch the creator of this list is with the regular players. Hearts? We have thousands of recommendations and seeds clogging our inventories. Fletching? Seriously, every dedicated ranged build has some way of ammo creation. Why jump through hoops to create such a bizarre reward list? Just give VIPs a discount of whatever percent in the shop, that will make VIPs happy and also stimulate sales - e.g. being "fiscally responsible".
    Simpler is often better.

Community Member

also, is that +10% xp in addition to the current bonus? Otherwise, they take away the only appealing boon we have now for people owning a lot of content already for the earlier monthly tiers.

Community Member

At the very least, there needs to be an opt-out. I, for one, would not want that for my characters. Even then I'd consider it a remarkably lousy "reward". Anything less than "I might have considered buying this in the store" just won't fly. And if this is at the cost of the free 500 points each month, you'd lose me as a VIP immediately, and quite possibly as a player, unless the monthly cost drops dramatically (say, by at least 1/3).
    Last edited by lynxkitten13; 03-03-2023 at 07:33 PM.

Community Member

- allow VIP to start at level 4 after a TR.
    I was thinking about this idea, too. After TR to level 1, train up to level 4 or 7, depending on what you've unlocked. This would lessen the grind from level 1 again.
    Last edited by Kriton57; 03-03-2023 at 07:54 PM.

It didn't look super interesting to me.

They should really do something like an xp bank with various partitions, character/heroic, account/heroic, character/epic, etc. Then let daily dice, sagas, etc. go in that bank. Give monthly bonuses to vips on top of the daily dice.

Having to store the dice is a pita anyhow.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

So let’s see, when finally addressing the diminished value of VIP last year, Tolero asked the community for suggestions about what to do to make VIP better. Excited by the prospect, many ideas were presented by the players. When the stop-gap measure (daily gold rolls) expired in January, the players naturally expected the new improved VIP program to be announced. SSG shows up empty handed! In fact, they seemed surprised when players were angry—many canceling their subscription.

Well, let’s give them the benefit of the doubt—they’ll surely have something to roll out when the Anniversary Celebration begins in February. And once again, dozens of ideas were offered by the players across many threads. Then Severlin joins Cordovan on the Friday livestream and announced that they might have some progressive rewards of some kind, at some time in the future, if they manage to develop the capability. Players are understandably underwhelmed.

Several weeks go by while SSG begins banging-out some new perks for VIP subscribers, apparently disregarding all the suggestions made by the customers. This is what they come up with.

Meanwhile, SSG runs full-speed ahead with the current model that further diminishes the value of VIP subscriptions. One new Expansion or Mini-Expansion each year. Do you realize that ~57% of the new quests/raids released since SSG took the helm 6 years ago are locked behind paid expansions? In the 11 years prior, only 2 expansions containing ~7.5% of quests were released.

Unless the game reverts back to a subscription-only model, I don’t see any reason to pay for VIP again. I’ll just keep playing as a Premium Account. I really was hoping SSG would offer something exciting to encourage me to subscribe. It’s not like $99/year is unaffordable, but that’s not the point. I’ll happily open my wallet if I feel like the value is there. As it is, SSG seems to just take their customers for granted and repeatedly ignore our concerns. (VIP suggestions, Lamannia feedback, lack of communication)

SSG, you need to do better.
    Last edited by mbartol; 03-03-2023 at 08:59 PM.
    Ghallanda: Tervail (solo player)

Oh SSG Thank you for this. I mean I give you 10 months of VIP money. Then I will get 20% longer time on a hireling. Oh thank you for the extra 12 minutes. You are the best. Maths it's hard......

In the most honest way I can, I have no idea if SSG is woefully out of touch with their players or outright insulting them. Fletching? Hire time? Do you really believe I'd care if those were free?

There's maybe 2 months of value here. The rest? I wouldn't redeem them from a npc if they were free because it's not worth my time.

I don't believe I've seen a company so wildly misunderstand what their players want in a long time. I'm debating buying the highest sharn pack (on sale) solely for the wraith aura. I'd buy a potion of permanent reaper wings (or, like, better wings; aasimar wings on other races) for cash. You could sell us on cosmetics. Or things boosting gameplay; an extra 2% item drop rate or something. Not much, but that adds up, especially in raids.

But really, this is just sad.

I'll be honest, there's really only two items (and maybe not even that) there that really interest me to put down 12 months of VIP and I AM tempted:

The Chest ransack reset potion (from the Greater Box)

And the Flying Nimbus - I mean, the "Flying Storm Cloud".

But that cloud mount needing VIP to summon is troublesome. I don't mind dropping VIP for it and waiting 12 months later (or even longer) before I can use it forever more, but I won't be interested if I "need" VIP to summon it after obtaining it. Unless if I win a lottery jackpot or something, I won't bother with going for that mount and then needing to stay VIP to use.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast