Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U58 ranged set

Community Member

Default U58 ranged set

Looking for help figuring out best ranged gear set for my inquisitive at cap, i have suulomades and tinkers set but dont know where to go with new gear from isle etc

Community Member IlmerSilverhilt's Avatar

Default U58 wisdom AA/Falc gear setup

I do not know how much applies to an Inquisitive, but here is my planned layout for wisdom based AA/Falc rogue/monkcher:

Weapons: Attuned Bone Longbow, Deadly Rain and Through the Mist swap
    Boots: Osfield's Lightning Boots
    Bracers: Leg Admiral's Wristwatch
    Trinket: Leg Red Raptor Feather
    Neck: Leg Pendant of the Sea
    Armor: Dread Stalker Dinosaur Bone Outfit
    Helm: Dread Stalker Dinosaur Bone Helmet
    Cloak: Dread Stalker Dinosaur Bone Cloak
    Goggles: Leg Blazing Sniper's Sights
    Ring: Ring of the Silver Tongue
    Ring: Sigil of the Triumvirate (+3wis) (Fili: +10RP +5RP +5RP)
    Gloves: Leg Wildwood Gauntlets (+3wis)
    Belt: Leg Belt of Sure Strikes (+3wis)
    Quiver: Epic Purifying Quiver

I am still farming upgrades for my dino gear so havent updated my build thread yet. And also I dont fully grasp the crafting yet, improvising as I go but I should have more augment slots compared to old setup and the dino augments should cover most of my needs for item enhancements! This is a 5pc + 3pc with 1 aug set (chose main stat wisdom), and bow build with ranged power focus.
    Illmer Silverhilt, 36pt (Half) Elf Rogue13/Fighter6/Monk1. The Kighter
    Mesmerrita d'Jorasco, 36pt PDK Bard20. Racial Completionist
    Subpar, Orien

(not currently) Livestreaming on Twitch.tv/mesmerita - My YouTube - My Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by Hunteon View Post
    Looking for help figuring out best ranged gear set for my inquisitive at cap, i have suulomades and tinkers set but dont know where to go with new gear from isle etc
    Hard to beat Suulo + Tinkers for dex bow build.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

This is based on previous Carpone gear setups for dex bow with some tweaks. Probably some better sets out there and folks tend to like Red Dragon armor over Shadowdragon armor but here's my current bow setup. I've found IoD sets working well for an Ice Druid and some other endgame builds but not sure anything beats Suulo + Tinkers for bow dex builds (not exactly what you asked but I have no examples for INQ right now).

Suulo Set
    • Bracers
    • Trinket

Tinkers Set
    • Goggles
    • Gloves

Other stuff
    • Silver Dragon Capelet cloak
    • Black Dragonscale Tasset belt
    • Bound Elemental Ring of Acid
    • Legendary Lionheart Ring
    • Epic Quiver of Alacrity
    • Helm of the Final Watcher
    • Rune Lodestone necklace
    • Legendary Kundarak Delving Boots
    • Shadow Dragon Armor
    • Choas Bow with Deconstructor and Good augments for bypasses
    • Perfect Silence augment set for sneak dice
    • Other augments like damage augment, CON, usual suspects

Notes
    • Rune Lodestone provides Cold Iron plus 5% dodge bypass.
    • Rather have Shadowdragon armor putting a few more sneak attack dice in my main attack which is very threat reduced and provides more explosive control with Hunts End.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oliphant View Post
    This is based on previous Carpone gear setups for dex bow with some tweaks. Probably some better sets out there and folks tend to like Red Dragon armor over Shadowdragon armor but here's my current bow setup. I've found IoD sets working well for an Ice Druid and some other endgame builds but not sure anything beats Suulo + Tinkers for bow dex builds (not exactly what you asked but I have no examples for INQ right now).

Suulo Set
    • Bracers
    • Trinket

Tinkers Set
    • Goggles
    • Gloves

Other stuff
    • Silver Dragon Capelet cloak
    • Black Dragonscale Tasset belt
    • Bound Elemental Ring of Acid
    • Legendary Lionheart Ring
    • Epic Quiver of Alacrity
    • Helm of the Final Watcher
    • Rune Lodestone necklace
    • Legendary Kundarak Delving Boots
    • Shadow Dragon Armor
    • Choas Bow with Deconstructor and Good augments for bypasses
    • Perfect Silence augment set for sneak dice
    • Other augments like damage augment, CON, usual suspects

Notes
    • Rune Lodestone provides Cold Iron plus 5% dodge bypass.
    • Rather have Shadowdragon armor putting a few more sneak attack dice in my main attack which is very threat reduced and provides more explosive control with Hunts End.
    With Isle of Dread being active, along with the ToEE goggles. These two sets are obselete and shouldn't be mentioned further. Outdated, if you must. TOEE Goggles + Isle of Dread 5 piece + Dread Stalker set is about as much you need for a ranged. You don't need that sickening Suulo + Tinkerer's set anymore. Covering a higher doubleshot and insightful doubleshot source is goofy.
    I'll be riding with my brothers until the end, and that's for sure.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by IlmerSilverhilt View Post
    I do not know how much applies to an Inquisitive, but here is my planned layout for wisdom based AA/Falc rogue/monkcher:

Weapons: Attuned Bone Longbow, Deadly Rain and Through the Mist swap
    Boots: Osfield's Lightning Boots
    Bracers: Leg Admiral's Wristwatch
    Trinket: Leg Red Raptor Feather
    Neck: Leg Pendant of the Sea
    Armor: Dread Stalker Dinosaur Bone Outfit
    Helm: Dread Stalker Dinosaur Bone Helmet
    Cloak: Dread Stalker Dinosaur Bone Cloak
    Goggles: Leg Blazing Sniper's Sights
    Ring: Ring of the Silver Tongue
    Ring: Sigil of the Triumvirate (+3wis) (Fili: +10RP +5RP +5RP)
    Gloves: Leg Wildwood Gauntlets (+3wis)
    Belt: Leg Belt of Sure Strikes (+3wis)
    Quiver: Epic Purifying Quiver

I am still farming upgrades for my dino gear so havent updated my build thread yet. And also I dont fully grasp the crafting yet, improvising as I go but I should have more augment slots compared to old setup and the dino augments should cover most of my needs for item enhancements! This is a 5pc + 3pc with 1 aug set (chose main stat wisdom), and bow build with ranged power focus.
    Personally, you're using a bow without elasticity, which is a critical effect for bows. You are using an old artifact, which bothers cover up an extra filigree slot, you probably presumably use it for insightful attack, but the trance carries the damage. I would be using the Dino Bone Ring. Also, not sure about your particular split but if OP is ranger, or has ranger levels then Thorn Boots > Osfields are pretty nice.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hunteon View Post
    Depends really on your build whether you are focusing on your imbue dice or front damage numbers. Based off of suulo and tinkers im assuming front damage number (btw drop both of those, they are outdated now).

Sets to focus on would be:
    Dread Stalker: (armor would need profane doubleshot aug and profane sneak dice to help minimize loss of red dscale)
    -3 sneak dice
    -15 MP/RP
    -15 DS
    -15% helpless damage.
    Dread Curse: (Artifact here for 4 filigree slots)
    -Profane MP/RP
    -Profane 25 spellpower
    -Profane 30 PRR
    -Profane 2 Spell DC
    -Profane 2 Stats (saves augment)
    -Profane 3 damage(gives +4)
    Ravens Eye: (Use legendary gem to craft missing effects + gloves)
    -3 Attack/damage (arti bonus so stacks with dread curse)
    -3 Sneak Att/Damage
    -3 Crit/Crit confirm
    -7 Search
    Goggles: Blazing Sniper Sights (highest doubleshot/ins doubleshot item in game)
    Then set augment in: your primary stat.

Community Member IlmerSilverhilt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Azoyhn View Post
    Personally, you're using a bow without elasticity, which is a critical effect for bows. You are using an old artifact, which bothers cover up an extra filigree slot, you probably presumably use it for insightful attack, but the trance carries the damage. I would be using the Dino Bone Ring. Also, not sure about your particular split but if OP is ranger, or has ranger levels then Thorn Boots > Osfields are pretty nice.
    Thx for your comment, yes I realized this and went back to Chaosbow, I updated my build post with new gear, thank you
    Illmer Silverhilt, 36pt (Half) Elf Rogue13/Fighter6/Monk1. The Kighter
    Mesmerrita d'Jorasco, 36pt PDK Bard20. Racial Completionist
    Subpar, Orien

(not currently) Livestreaming on Twitch.tv/mesmerita - My YouTube - My Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by Zeleron View Post
    Dread Stalker: (armor would need profane doubleshot aug and profane sneak dice to help minimize loss of red dscale)
    Profane DS augments don't exist currently, Legendary Arrowbound Topaz provide Enhancement bonus, so redundant. Profane SA dice currently available only for Shadowscale Armor (exclude outfit), another way add it not present afaik.

So no, you cannot minimize loss of Red Dragonscale Armor, and without it you voluntary gimp your build, sorry.
    Last edited by Fisto_Mk_I; 03-09-2023 at 07:38 PM.
    English not my native language. What's your excuse?

Covering a higher doubleshot and insightful doubleshot source is goofy.
    +1 doubleshot, +1 insightful doubleshot

Cool the goggles open up new gear sets but point of the Suulo + Tinkers is you already have it. Maybe what you don't like about it is other people can get it if they just do VOD, MA, LOB stuff. Heart of Suulo over the years seems to help avoiding damage, but hard to say for sure. Will check out some other sets using the sniper goggles but doubt I'll be spending another round of kit micro transactions fidgeting getting every last +2 again for end game ranged, would be goofy.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto_Mk_I View Post
    Profane DS augments don't exist currently, Legendary Arrowbound Topaz provide Enhancement bonus, so redundant. Profane SA dice currently available only for Shadowscale Armor (exclude outfit), another way add it not present afaik.

So no, you cannot minimize loss of Red Dragonscale Armor, and without it you voluntary gimp your build, sorry.
    I can confirm that both +2 profane sneak dice and +3% profane doubleshot does exist. The sneak dice is Goldfang from Dinosaur Bone Crafting. The +3% profane doubleshot is Fragment of Extraplanar Shadow from the skeletons raid. It is considered an augment because it is slotted into armor.

Now, that being said. If you can't afford (gimp) the Dinosaur expansion, then yes, Red Dragon Armor is best in slot. But, because of Dread Stalker and Armor having these effects, it puts it ahead of Red Dragon Armor. Also, there's a lot of things immune to fire at end game, so it makes this armor a better choice.
    Last edited by Azoyhn; 03-10-2023 at 05:59 AM.

Community Member

+1 doubleshot, +1 insightful doubleshot

Cool the goggles open up new gear sets but point of the Suulo + Tinkers is you already have it. Maybe what you don't like about it is other people can get it if they just do VOD, MA, LOB stuff. Heart of Suulo over the years seems to help avoiding damage, but hard to say for sure. Will check out some other sets using the sniper goggles but doubt I'll be spending another round of kit micro transactions fidgeting getting every last +2 again for end game ranged, would be goofy.
    I'm not sure how it helps at avoiding damage besides the PRR inside of the set bonus, but that's not important to ranged. If you play at a safe distance, and pew pew, you should not die. I have ran raids multiple times without dying, and also while not running the Mantle of Suulomades or Tinkerer's Goggles set. I agree that they are a good beginner and a good slot if you don't have dino ingredients, or the expansion pack itself, but it is something that can be thrown away with the introduction to 5 piece dread curse, and 3 piece dread stalker.

I can confirm that both +2 profane sneak dice and +3% profane doubleshot does exist. The sneak dice is Goldfang from Dinosaur Bone Crafting. The +3% profane doubleshot is Fragment of Extraplanar Shadow from the skeletons raid. It is considered an augment because it is slotted into armor.
    Oh, you mean full custom crafted armor? Yes, it's possible then... but from Zeleron post it's not obvious, and standard armors from Dread Stalker set have only usual augment slots, not crafted. Anyway i wanna see your crafted armor setup.

Now, that being said. If you can't afford (gimp) the Dinosaur expansion, then yes, Red Dragon Armor is best in slot. But, because of Dread Stalker and Armor having these effects, it puts it ahead of Red Dragon Armor. Also, there's a lot of things immune to fire at end game, so it makes this armor a better choice.
    And this part arguable. Profane DS aug provide 3% boost to DPS, but then you lose Fortification or Healing Amplification, and soul stone DPS = 0. And main question - why you think that combo 3% DS +2d6 SA provide more damage output, than Dripping with Magma procs (10d20, 50d20 full builded)? I really would like to look at calculations, not evaluate sensations.

I'm not sure how it helps at avoiding damage besides the PRR inside of the set bonus, but that's not important to ranged.
    Subjectively, avoiding curses, avoiding those blips of heal-block, and the negative absorption seem to help is my experience. My point is choosing to have another round of kit microtransactions to chase the latest +2s is fine if you're in the mood for the sport of it (I'm often in that mood) but its not particularly goofy to just let it be either. Tinkers and Suulo is still one of the good ones imo.

I can't really line up my personal experience with Red Dragonscale armor with the general consensus that its far ahead of the pack on dps benefits with the magma. My experience is the fire damage is relatively slow, dinky numbers in a waterfall of massive numbers from my physical attacks. I'm not saying Red Dragon armor is not better than Shadowdragon Armor but its not enough to feel and I'd prefer to load up Hunts End to the max and control the damage.

Community Member

I can't really line up my personal experience with Red Dragonscale armor with the general consensus that its far ahead of the pack on dps benefits with the magma. My experience is the fire damage is relatively slow, dinky numbers in a waterfall of massive numbers from my physical attacks. I'm not saying Red Dragon armor is not better than Shadowdragon Armor but its not enough to feel and I'd prefer to load up Hunts End to the max and control the damage.
    This.. and there are many options u can go for as ranged that will end up the same. You don´t need the red armor to be a DPS build as someone in this thread so daftly put it.

Quote Originally Posted by LavidDynch View Post
    that will end up the same.
    That will end up the same?
    I really would like to look at calculations, not evaluate sensations.

You don´t need the red armor to be a DPS build as someone in this thread so daftly put it.
    You don't need anything at all, lol. It's just difference between "decent" and "best". Of course, you can refute me at any time (if you can)... calculations, not emotional statements.

That will end up the same?
    I really would like to look at calculations, not evaluate sensations.

You don't need anything at all, lol. It's just difference between "decent" and "best". Of course, you can refute me at any time (if you can)... calculations, not emotional statements.
    Is there an explicit formula for magma? How many dice, how fast or likely are the procs? I'm just not seeing huge numbers or relatively many numbers associated with fire when I use it. If your main damage and your sneak attacks are less effective magma will feel better. To me its noise.

This combo seems like a decent version of the Sniper Sights + Dread Stalker + IoD Curse recipe. Feels a little weird having a raptor feather in there but wanted to keep Rune Lodestone and Black Dragon Tasset and Lionheart Ring so did not have unlimited slots for the IoD Curse set.

Eye: Legendary Blazing Sniper's Sights
    Head: Legendary Dread Stalker's Skullcap
    Neck: Rune Lodestone
    Trinket: Legendary Blue Raptor Feather
    Body: Legendary Tanaroa Sneaking Suit
    Back: Legendary Dread Stalker's Cloak
    Wrist: Legendary Admiral's Wristwatch
    Waist: Legendary Black Dragonscale Tasset
    Finger1: Legendary Lionheart Ring
    Feet: Legendary Magma Waders
    Hand: Legendary Birchlore Gauntlets
    Finger2: Dinosaur Bone Ring
    Weapon: Chaosbow

Acid Resistance 50
    Action Boost Uses 3
    Anarchic 6
    Armor Class 60
    Attack 39
    Blackscale Ferocity
    Confirm Critical Hits 6
    Constitution 22
    Critical Hit Damage 6
    Critical Multiplier on 19-20 1
    Damage 32
    Damage vs Helpless % 15
    Dexterity 22
    Disable Device 3
    Dodge 3
    Doubleshot 29
    Eversight
    Fetters of Unreality
    Fire Absorption 36
    Fire Resistance 53
    Fortification 74
    Fortification Bypass 30
    Fortitude 20
    Ghostly
    Hit Points 47
    Intelligence 2
    Isle of Dread: Claw Slot (Accessory):
    Isle of Dread: Fang Slot (Accessory):
    Isle of Dread: Horn Slot (Accessory):
    Isle of Dread: Scale Slot (Accessory):
    Magical Resistance Rating 35
    Move Speed 30
    Open Lock 3
    Physical Resistance Rating 65
    Poison Spell Power 25
    Positive Spell Critical Chance 22
    Ranged Attack Speed 20
    Ranged Power 30
    Reflex 20
    Relentless Fury
    Search 3
    Sight Beyond Sight
    Sneak Attack Attack 5
    Sneak Attack Damage 8
    Sneak Attack Dice 3
    Spell Resistance 20
    Spell Save 11
    Spot 3
    True Seeing
    Tumble 3
    Use Magic Device 3
    Will 20
    Last edited by Oliphant; 03-12-2023 at 09:27 AM.

^^^ Legendary Admiral's Gumshoes probably a better choice for boots as the dps attributes stack better with this set than I was thinking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast