Default Bug - Poisoned Coating no longer applying after U58.0.1

Hi All. As per the title. Is it just me?

(copy of bug report below - ID 285749)

Alchemist poisoned coating imbue enhancement not applying after U58.0.1. Icon does not appear in the buff bar. Enhancement reset and relog did not fix it.
    Eldritch knight imbues are applying (acid/fire/frost/shock) & assassin venomous blades also applies. All these icons appear in the buff barr when active as expected
    Testing in cogs slayer heroic using a syranian dagger, syranian long sword & nightforge spike.
    Screenshot taken showing enhancements taken, poisoned coating active and icon not appearing buff bar.
    Last edited by tapster; 03-03-2023 at 09:53 AM.

2. 03-08-2023, 07:58 AM

Still broken as above in U58.1

*stares hard at blightcaster*

I assume I'm supposed to in plague wolf form for it to work which ain't never gonna happen as an alchemist...
    Last edited by tapster; 03-09-2023 at 11:21 AM.

Just retested on Lamannia and using a short sword, dagger and coffin nail. Poisoned coating was NOT applying to any of them whereas EK imbues applied to all three.

Also noticed on lamannia and live that the text changed on poisoned coating to 'while using a simple weapon'. But it's not as daggers are simple and it's not applying.

Pre U58.0.1 it applied to all weapons. So a stealth nerf that broke it for all weapons. *sigh*
    Last edited by tapster; 04-05-2023 at 01:30 PM.

Community Manager

Since this is a benefit that applies to the weapon rather than the character it is not possible to have it appear in the buff bar. We have tested the functionality of Poisoned Coating and it does appear to be properly applying. In a future game update we can have this weapon effect show up in the weapon's tooltip, however.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Its definitely working, as im applying damage. Contributing quite nicely, hit 9k poison imbue damage in LH skellies this weekend just gone.
    Twf daggers

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Since this is a benefit that applies to the weapon rather than the character it is not possible to have it appear in the buff bar. We have tested the functionality of Poisoned Coating and it does appear to be properly applying. In a future game update we can have this weapon effect show up in the weapon's tooltip, however.
    Its the same issue with Enchant Weapon too, I assume? If someone's going to look at that...can we increase the duration on all these type of buffs to just be "until rest"?

Its kinda annoying having a duration-based buff where you cant see the duration remaining, unless you examine the weapon tooltip

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Its the same issue with Enchant Weapon too, I assume? If someone's going to look at that...can we increase the duration on all these type of buffs to just be "until rest"?

Its kinda annoying having a duration-based buff where you cant see the duration remaining, unless you examine the weapon tooltip
    I wonder if we can have a "dummy" duplicate effect on the character, that does nothing but allows a timer to be seen on the buff bar.