Default Can we just go back?

It will sound silly but after transfering From Gland to Orien in hope to get better grouping... I kind of want to back!

Lag is just too crazy and 2 of our returning friends are stuck back on Gland with no possibility to transfer in a near futur!

Please SSG let the player who wants to go back do it when you enable the transfer again. You have all this info in your log... well I do hope you have back log!

X DDO QUÉBEC X

Quote Originally Posted by Demonfire View Post
    It will sound silly but after transfering From Gland to Orien in hope to get better grouping... I kind of want to back!

Lag is just too crazy and 2 of our returning friends are stuck back on Gland with no possibility to transfer in a near futur!

Please SSG let the player who wants to go back do it when you enable the transfer again. You have all this info in your log... well I do hope you have back log!
    I guess there is no harm in asking but I personally don't know if would expect too much if you are asking for a free reversal of something that was neither intended nor recommended. If you wanted to pay to go back I don't think you need to ask, you just need to wait for them to reopen the transfers.

Community Member

lol, yeah i doubt that's gonna happen. I don't see the lag issue on Orien that some folks are talking about either, the times I've been on there.

Community Member

There are two great tragedies in life: one is not getting what you want, the other is getting it

Many players have been crying for server merge/megaserver for years now. Many others have pointed out all the issues that would create, lag being one of them. Didnt matter, they all still clamored for a server merge

Now that they more or less got one, we're seeing complaints about all the things they were told all along would be problems...

I like the way it worked out for Sarlona. Some people transferred, but not nearly as many as Orien so it didn't come with any lag.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Would have only positive benefits (equalize server size a bit)
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    There are two great tragedies in life: one is not getting what you want, the other is getting it

Many players have been crying for server merge/megaserver for years now. Many others have pointed out all the issues that would create, lag being one of them. Didnt matter, they all still clamored for a server merge

Now that they more or less got one, we're seeing complaints about all the things they were told all along would be problems...
    Yes, what are they thinking wanting to play an MMORPG with other players!

But seriously, what should've happened is an actual developer sponsored server merge.

What will most likely happen is the servers will have fewer and fewer players until there's not enough to keep the lights on.

And I've said it before regarding this but I'll repeat it now... if a server can't handle 500 players without game breaking lag, the game is broken and they might as well end it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maldorin View Post

But seriously, what should've happened is an actual developer sponsored server merge.
    But...that's what DID happen. The devs sponsored a migration to a specific server for anyone who wanted to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldorin View Post
    And I've said it before regarding this but I'll repeat it now... if a server can't handle 500 players without game breaking lag, the game is broken and they might as well end it.
    Why don't you end the game then? You don't want to play anymore because of population or lag, so the entire game needs to be shut down? Talk about egocentric.
    It is what it is, it seems the servers can't handle a large population with hundreds of pastlives, full banks and reaper trees. It is obviously the reason why there are no official server merges. We can either moan about this or try to adapt. Of course everyone wants everything and that's why all people are on Orien now.

Community Member

2 of our returning friends are stuck back on Gland with no possibility to transfer in a near futur!
    So wait... You didn't discuss the decision to transfer with your friends so that you may, idk, transfer simultanously? At this point it really is your fault tbh. Seriously, the discussion about upsides and downsides of transfering were lively discussed on the forum before free transfers started. You had at least 3 weeks to think about it, weight all the arguments and make your decision, now bear the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Diracorvus View Post
    Why don't you end the game then? You don't want to play anymore because of population or lag, so the entire game needs to be shut down? Talk about egocentric.
    Well, I suppose when all the servers are the size of Wayfinder they could do maintenance mode. Point being, if the game can't grow due to lag or attract and retain players due to a tiny population that's a problem, yes? Egocentric, ok.

Blaming the players for trying to group is a bit short sighted.

Server merges are a normal part of the life cycle of an aging mmo to extend it's existence. If DDO is unable to ever implement them, that's a problem, yes?

Sure you can!!! its just 2500 ddo points!
    Outatime Exodus-Cradle of Life:Thelanis
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    But...that's what DID happen. The devs sponsored a migration to a specific server for anyone who wanted to go.
    Well, sorta. The players took advantage of the opportunity that was created as a byproduct of either incompetence or lack of care. Those players that transferred had to abandon resources back on their home servers, whereas, a transfer that is truly SSG sponsored would include a solution for bringing ALL your stuff with you—or at least one would hope.
    Ghallanda: Tervail (solo player)

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

I have a 3 year old computer and good ISP.

The only place I've experienced lag on Orien is in Thunderholm.

I'm sorry your tech and ISP don't allow for a better time playing DDO, but you can't make such a blanket statement about lag. It's doesn't jive with the majority.

If they make G the default new player server, we can start building back. I mostly solo, so I thank you all who left for making things better for me. Hardcore is for me now, so I'm just piddling around waiting for the next season.

As I have said elsewhere, they should create some incentives to stay on G before opening the transfers again or make at least announce some specific changes to help soloers. I don't think people should be freely allowed back, not that I think there are many who share the sentiment. Maybe they will give a discount on paid transfers.