2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Default Axel: Best Items to Farm from the Anniversary Event

Here's a video giving a rundown of stuff you should look to get from the anniversary event while it's active.

Also, just FYI I have a set weekly stream time and weekly raid hosting time. I stream Saturdays starting at 1pm EST on Twitch. And I lead raids starting at 3pm EST Saturdays on Thelanis (also streamed on Twitch). This coming Saturday we'll be starting with a run of the Titan raid. Also, I have a discord channel now. If you're interested in raiding with us on Thelanis, let us know through the discord. Can find links to all this in my linktree here: https://linktr.ee/axelalexk

- Axel

Last edited by axel15810; 03-02-2023 at 10:28 AM.

Default Do not forget about the Kookies

The Chocolate Chip Kookies are decent as well, 2 Party Favors per Kookie.

That is pretty cheap for a Greater Vigor spell.
    After a little Tolkien I am usually up for anything.

It is amazing how the Night Revels gets heavily farmed every year and this one does not. If I were the devs, I would add some better items--like augments or something. I agree with your list--thx for the tip about the hammer.

Devs should have a raise dead clicky or heal clicky. That would draw some folks.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Noob View Post
    The Chocolate Chip Kookies are decent as well, 2 Party Favors per Kookie.

That is pretty cheap for a Greater Vigor spell.
    Ehh...personally I just don't find it's worth the hassle. I would be more tempted if it was 1 favor per cookie. But there's so many other ways to self heal and relying on a consumable for it that can only be gotten one month a year is not something I find worth bothering with.

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    It is amazing how the Night Revels gets heavily farmed every year and this one does not. If I were the devs, I would add some better items--like augments or something. I agree with your list--thx for the tip about the hammer.

Devs should have a raise dead clicky or heal clicky. That would draw some folks.
    I agree the loot is worse in a pragmatic sense. No festive stat augment is a biggie. Some great cosmetics though. Raise dead clicky and heal clicky sound like pretty neat ideas. They also should just spice up some of the already existing items a bit in terms of power. A lot of them are pretty lacking.

I also think one of the big reasons it doesn't get farmed as much is the anniversary dungeon REALLY incentivizes grouping due to the objectives being spread out in different directions and behind different load screens. Night Revels is basically the opposite, its design incentivizes solo'ing. Farming out an item in the anniversary event by solo'ing it is way slower than grouping and does not feel very good at all. I'm OK with this personally but a lot of people aren't and like to solo these events, which I understand because of how strict the level requirements and penalties are to get max ingredients. The reward system makes it hard to group for max ingredients unless you are at cap (because there's a large pool of players at the same level at cap). I also really wish there weren't so many load screens in the dungeon.
    Last edited by axel15810; 03-06-2023 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    Ehh...personally I just don't find it's worth the hassle. I would be more tempted if it was 1 favor per cookie. But there's so many other ways to self heal and relying on a consumable for it that can only be gotten one month a year is not something I find worth bothering with.

I agree the loot is worse in a pragmatic sense. No festive stat augment is a biggie. Some great cosmetics though. Raise dead clicky and heal clicky sound like pretty neat ideas. They also should just spice up some of the already existing items a bit in terms of power. A lot of them are pretty lacking.

I also think one of the big reasons it doesn't get farmed as much is the anniversary dungeon REALLY incentivizes grouping due to the objectives being spread out in different directions and behind different load screens. Night Revels is basically the opposite, its design incentivizes solo'ing. Farming out an item in the anniversary event by solo'ing it is way slower than grouping and does not feel very good at all. I'm OK with this personally but a lot of people aren't and like to solo these events, which I understand because of how strict the level requirements and penalties are to get max ingredients. The reward system makes it hard to group for max ingredients unless you are at cap (because there's a large pool of players at the same level at cap). I also really wish there weren't so many load screens in the dungeon.

I find it extremely boring how short it is when splitting up

I’d much rather it be longer and have higher rewards that popping in & out for minimal favors over & over