Community Member

Default CapsLock causing tab out of game

Since the last Windows or DDO update ( impossible to know which ), my game constantly "Tabs out" to the desktop whenever I accidentally hit the Caps Lock key - which can be fairly often in a fight when using the WASD keys to move.

Does anyone know how to get rid of that ?
    Something must have changed somewhere, but it's beyond me to figure out.

Community Member

[QUOTE=Effluvium;6573237]Since the last Windows or DDO update ( impossible to know which ), my game constantly "Tabs out" to the desktop whenever I accidentally hit the Caps Lock key - which can be fairly often in a fight when using the WASD keys to move.

Something must have changed somewhere, but it's beyond me to figure out.[/QUOTE

This worked for me:
    https://youtu.be/pUhJh7KAUB8

Must be something in windows because I haven't had any issues in DDO. Maybe it's something like sticky keys causing the issue? I always turn that off first thing when I get a new pc/laptop lol.
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

Community Member

[QUOTE=XXThermitexX;6573251]
    Quote Originally Posted by Effluvium View Post
    Since the last Windows or DDO update ( impossible to know which ), my game constantly "Tabs out" to the desktop whenever I accidentally hit the Caps Lock key - which can be fairly often in a fight when using the WASD keys to move.

Something must have changed somewhere, but it's beyond me to figure out.[/QUOTE

This worked for me:
    https://youtu.be/pUhJh7KAUB8

Thanks all - that link didn't work ( I'm on Windows 10 ), but it led me to some other links which eventually found that it was "dell peripheral manager" - I killed that process and the problem stopped.
    It's now Uninstalled and life is so much better.