Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Default 75% loss of FPS in anniversary event issue (everyone is affected)

I built a high end gaming rig, it runs this game better than I could ever expect. I average 500+ FPS, raids w/ heavy animations I still get 250 avg.
    In discord guild chat tonight I was asked if the "fountain" reduced my frame rate, I immediately said no, what fountain?
    The fountain in main room of anniversary event, ok, so I log on go to event and I was shocked. When you face that fountain, your frame rate drops dramatically.
    I went down below 60, all the way down to 35 FPS at one point.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE IN THERE that this would happen. I was told it even happens in Partycrashers.
    I know the basic of how emitters work, I even made a few years back with a program called particleillusion.

Something is amiss with that fountain and needs to be fixed. It ruins our gaming experience.
    I encourage everyone to go there and check. Look at the wall, everything is fine, look at fountain and down the FPS goes.

*posted in UI section, as it's the closest to where it should go*

Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Old_Gamer View Post
    I built a high end gaming rig, it runs this game better than I could ever expect. I average 500+ FPS, raids w/ heavy animations I still get 250 avg.
    In discord guild chat tonight I was asked if the "fountain" reduced my frame rate, I immediately said no, what fountain?
    The fountain in main room of anniversary event, ok, so I log on go to event and I was shocked. When you face that fountain, your frame rate drops dramatically.
    I went down below 60, all the way down to 35 FPS at one point.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE IN THERE that this would happen. I was told it even happens in Partycrashers.
    Confirmed, happens on AMD here. I've got a feeling its ALL water fountains in the game, just the partycrashers base is scaled up that its more noticeable. It's either super large textures or some huge mostly invisible area of occlusion going on, or maybe they intersected some transparencies...

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdbrt

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answ...o-report-it%3F

[QUOTE=Mindos;6573247]Confirmed, happens on AMD here. I've got a feeling its ALL water fountains in the game, just the partycrashers base is scaled up that its more noticeable. It's either super large textures or some huge mostly invisible area of occlusion going on, or maybe they intersected some transparencies...

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdbrt

/QUOTE]

I have that on since day one.

It ruins the gaming experience but you did not even know it was happening until someone pointed it out to you.

35 fps is still full motion video, same as your average CBS comedy show.
    What do you mean a -6 armor class is no good anymore?

Baldric, Mulray, Tirimon, Clant, Melkazar, Dorakeen, Blastium
    If one of them falls off a cliff, it ain't their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkazar View Post
    It ruins the gaming experience but you did not even know it was happening until someone pointed it out to you.

YOU
    might be ok with 35 fps, me? I can get that w/ a 570 gpu and a 1080 monitor. Me? Not a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Melkazar View Post

if it helps you understand the issue, my 90 FPS slows to 20 FPS when looking at the fountain. That is slower than CBS comedy show (though still faster in terms of pacing and laughs).

Used to have the same issue in The Black Loch before they changed it.
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Default True

It happens to me too. I use to play in minimal settings in the anniversary event. I'm think that huge fountain particles are the problem.