Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SSG, there is too much new content!

Not being ironic or facetious. There is just too much content being poured out. 1 full blown expansion every 18 months and 1 mini-expansion as filler is enough.

Quality over quantity of course.

Community Member

We are kinda getting oversaturated at cap right now. Not really a bad problem to have, though - more just about prioritization

I wouldnt mind slowing down on new quests and gear, and maybe getting a new mechanic/progression system instead, some of those new Destinies they talked about, some actually well-thought-out and -executed archetypes, etc.

Community Member thegreatcthulhu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    We are kinda getting oversaturated at cap right now. Not really a bad problem to have, though - more just about prioritization

I wouldnt mind slowing down on new quests and gear, and maybe getting a new mechanic/progression system instead, some of those new Destinies they talked about, some actually well-thought-out and -executed archetypes, etc.
    Agreed. I think there's plenty ways to expand off "to the side" instead of just more vertical number jumps.

Like, I wouldn't mind if they had an expac that was more so on ED or progression focused. And on progression, I more specifically, would really love to see some ways to get back the stuff we lost with EDs (I.E. Strikedown, other ways to use Smite Evil, etc). It would be more interesting than just seeing those abilities reused as things inside of an ED level cap increase or w/e.
    Dragnilar, Follow of Bahamut
    Server: Khyber
    Guild: ClanNotAGuild

Community Member

There is a lot of content. I'm pleased with their current pattern of expansion and then mini-expansion in alternating years. I'm never in a situation where I have nothing to do when I want to play DDO. Archetypes are a rather clever solution that avoids adding new classes/races. They bring changes to gameplay and have the ability to enhance the lore around each class. Enhancing VIP and addressing storage, particularly for cosmetics, are the main two items I'd like to see addressed.

I am Awesomesauce!

Not everyone plays everything that comes out. Some of us like to pick and choose what we play so more content to choose from is a good thing.
    Aias Iceforge. Barbarian Ice Dwarf - Khyber

Community Member

They haven't released any decent new gear since Feywild. Seriously, everything in IOD was a complete whiff.
    If I can read the dev tracker, you can too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eantarus View Post
    They haven't released any decent new gear since Feywild. Seriously, everything in IOD was a complete whiff.
    Some of the best weapons in the game are a whiff?

Quote Originally Posted by Stradivarius View Post
    Not being ironic or facetious. There is just too much content being poured out. 1 full blown expansion every 18 months and 1 mini-expansion as filler is enough.

I have by far the most fun in DDO when I run something new rather than farm xp/rxp/gear from quests or raids I have done umpteen times before.

I would love a new full expansion every 6 months with a pack of 4 quests in between so I definitely do not agree that there is too much content being poured out. I realise thats not realistic but it is what I would like. In particular I would like 2-3 times as many new raids as we are getting atm.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

I think the problem is that not all levels have an equal amount of content that is equivalently "good" in my opinion. I'm actually kind of excited to get some level 18 content since my tradition is to bank from 18 to 20 and having some quests to run actually would make that more interesting than just holding 18 to run level 16 quests to cap. However, I think the other problem is a lot of content feels like it's at "endgame" just to pad out the "endgame". Almost all the new epic content we get, for example, is in the legendary range, but there's a gap between epic and legendary that can make it a little bit tedious to have to wait that long (not that epic leveling is tedious or bad, per se, but there is definitely an uptick in quality in the last few years for quest design and I would like to see more distribution throughout level ranges). It feels like certain level ranges- 12-16 for example- have a saturation of content that can be run more or less endlessly, but when you're outside the "sweet spots" you often end up running the same two or three chains just to get to the next level (if you're on the TR treadmill) or based on what loot drops or whatever you're going for other than to experience quests. I dunno, maybe it's a problem with me and I'll just pick fast easy experience over anything else, but I do enjoy a lot of quests, and it feels like there's a gap in some level ranges in regards to quality and quantity of content.

That said, I'd be fine with slower content, especially in regards to adventures which I think are pretty good at the moment, if it meant bug fixes, new character features (I love the concept of archetypes, not sure they always do a ton for me because my head is empty and my builds are not great), or other quality of life improvements. However, I'm sure not everyone on the development team can just pivot. Modellers might be great at making models, but I doubt they'll be a huge help with debugging.
    I primarily play Zunzyne Siegemaker, and am the guild master of Ares Macrotechnology on Ghallanda.
    Reaper Experience Calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ewE/edit#gid=0 (out of date as of U42.4, needs testing for new values)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatcthulhu View Post
    Agreed. I think there's plenty ways to expand off "to the side" instead of just more vertical number jumps.

Like, I wouldn't mind if they had an expac that was more so on ED or progression focused. And on progression, I more specifically, would really love to see some ways to get back the stuff we lost with EDs (I.E. Strikedown, other ways to use Smite Evil, etc). It would be more interesting than just seeing those abilities reused as things inside of an ED level cap increase or w/e.
    I really really really want the old Confront back - a triple hit bonus crit cleave on a 3s cooldown that uses Turn charges. That'd give melee divines the definitional ability they're lacking right now, and workable aoe for swf builds. Plus it was a fun mechanic to have a powerful but charge-limited attack to mete out. And gave actual value to Turn charges.

I'd also really love to see "alts as hires" implemented where you get one of your alts to be ai controlled with all its current gear, and pick 4 active abilities for it to use...that'd create a whole new gameplay loop of leveling complementary builds to use as hires

I disagree

Expansions are coming incomplete with Raids being added later

Mini expansions are repackaged packs that should be VIP

Free quest updates pre expansion having only 1 quest

VIP gets one update a year thats in subscription

We should be getting much more content outside of expansions/mini expansions

Community Member

There are 76 quests and 4 raids at level 32.

The next highest is level 3 with 36 quests and 3 raids.

I feel like it's a certainty that some of the level 32 quests will be raised to higher levels when the level cap is raised.

Community Member

Community Member Handsome_Potato_86's Avatar

I feel like it could be a hell of a lot worse...
    Look at other smaller companies. Cryptic for example,
    the folks behind Star Trek Online. You see, when they say
    "New content!", what they really mean is one, maaaybe two
    more new quests after ~3 months. But look at all these cool new
    premium pay 2 play starships and "i can't believe it's not gambling"
    lockboxes!! Seriously. I'd rather be oversaturated than undersaturated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebless View Post
    Not everyone plays everything that comes out. ~snip~

Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Community Member

I like the craftable bone weapons. Decent grind to get the necessary components and once you're done, you have a pretty OP weapon that was truly customized to your taste.
    It's just a game. Relax and have some fun.

Please stop trying to outdo me.
    Gordion ~ Jaheira ~ Piccolo
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If SSG was being smart, the mini-expansion coming up with be base level 34. Make the item drops ML 32. They need to start building at-level content for the next level cap raise. They got away with going to 32 because there was years of L32 content already in place before Isle of Dread came out.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

20. 03-01-2023, 11:47 AM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CSQ View Post
    I think the problem is that not all levels have an equal amount of content that is equivalently "good" in my opinion. I'm actually kind of excited to get some level 18 content since my tradition is to bank from 18 to 20 and having some quests to run actually would make that more interesting than just holding 18 to run level 16 quests to cap. However, I think the other problem is a lot of content feels like it's at "endgame" just to pad out the "endgame". Almost all the new epic content we get, for example, is in the legendary range, but there's a gap between epic and legendary that can make it a little bit tedious to have to wait that long (not that epic leveling is tedious or bad, per se, but there is definitely an uptick in quality in the last few years for quest design and I would like to see more distribution throughout level ranges). It feels like certain level ranges- 12-16 for example- have a saturation of content that can be run more or less endlessly, but when you're outside the "sweet spots" you often end up running the same two or three chains just to get to the next level (if you're on the TR treadmill) or based on what loot drops or whatever you're going for other than to experience quests. I dunno, maybe it's a problem with me and I'll just pick fast easy experience over anything else, but I do enjoy a lot of quests, and it feels like there's a gap in some level ranges in regards to quality and quantity of content.

That said, I'd be fine with slower content, especially in regards to adventures which I think are pretty good at the moment, if it meant bug fixes, new character features (I love the concept of archetypes, not sure they always do a ton for me because my head is empty and my builds are not great), or other quality of life improvements. However, I'm sure not everyone on the development team can just pivot. Modellers might be great at making models, but I doubt they'll be a huge help with debugging.
    How about some love for level 13/14.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast