Default Bladeforged Warlock, anyone able to help me out?

Heyas, I am about to do 3 Bladeforged lives for the Repair Spell Power (I am a Warforged fan).

I have one Paladin life remaining so I was going to do that first.

But I have 2 Warlock lives left to do. I was toying with the idea of a Bladeforged Warlock paladin combo. I found some older builds, but they are way old, from when Warlock or Bladeforged was new.

I was thinking either 16WLK/4PLD or 18WLK/2PLD.

I was going to do Enlightended Spirit and Two handed fighting. I have a SoS and ESoS and a Blackrazor.

I was thinking 16 levels of Warlock gets me 1 level 6 spell (other than the Pact spell).

Here was my breakdown:

Stats

STR 15 (enough for THF feats)
    DEX 6 to 10 (BF get -2)
    CON 16-18
    INT 10
    WIS 10
    CHR 18 (level ups into this)

I do have assorted tomes on this character etc some past lives, notably 3 Arty lives

Skill points: some into JUMP (will be taking Jump spell I think), SPellcraft, UMD, Concentration, maybe Intim

Feats:
    1 2HF
    3 Precision
    6 Quicken
    9 ITHF
    12 Improved Crit Slashing
    15 GTHF
    18 Maximize or Wiz PL?
    21-30 I need help with these. I think I recall a feat for more Eldritch Blast dice?

Pact: Celestial (lightning)
    My Pact spells are:
    Bless (meh)
    Soundburst (awesome!)
    Magic Circle Against Evil (meh)
    Prayer (its ok)
    Holy Aura (pretty good or it used to be)
    FoM (great)

Spells:
    1. Shield and Jump or maybe Charm (unsure about picking jump, I have Morah's Belt with gives +30 Jump)
    2. Invisibility (helps with speed), Web
    3. Haste and DDoor (Displacement from t5 ES)
    4. Evard's Black Tentacles, Protection from Elements
    5. Finger of Death (thinking I can FoD soft targets, like a caster in the back), Waves of Exhaustion (unsure if this is as strong it use to be...is it still no save on Orange monsters?)
    6. Mass Hold Monster

Enhancement Points:
    This is where I need help on the 16/4 split vs 18/2 split. I don't know much about Paladins or Warlocks. My Warlock life I did was to get Completionist back and I had no idea how to play it (and still dont).

But I was thinking Enlighting Spirt with Aura and just 2HF stuff and focus on Reconstructing myself from the Bladeforged Tree...so...

Bladeforged Tree: 14 points for Strikethrough and all 3 Recon SLAs (I have 7 free Racial Points)
    Feydark Illusionist : 7 Points for CHR to hit and dmg
    Knight of the Chalice: 8 Points, mainly want Strikethrough and Divine Might
    Sacred Defender (this one depends a lot on if i do 2 levels of Paladin vs 4 levels): lite splash for some easy PRR/MRR bonuses if I do 2 PLD levels. If I do 4 levels, I plan on way more.
    Enlightened Spirit: whatever is leftover. I don't know what is good or bad or a trap. I did want to get Tier 5 in this for Shining Through and Displacement and Spirit Blast, will probably spend 37 AP into ES

Playstyle: buff up, and use my Aura and Great Sword to kill stuff. Abuse Shining Through and Quickened Reconstruct to stay alive.

Would this work? I was going to use this for 2 15>30 lives. Might do a couple 20>30 lives for some EPLs if its fast. Would be looking to do Elite and Low Reaper most likely. I don't see this being a hyper-optimized build.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Eternally Mediocre Girl Maelodic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    I was thinking either 16WLK/4PLD or 18WLK/2PLD.
    You might want to go 18 WLK for the imbue dice and knockdown immunity. Assuming you're going to be putting on a radiance spellpower item, you might as well get as much out of the imbue as you can. If you want to maximize defenses you could go for the pally stance instead, just know that your aura and bursts will do less damage.

Feats:
    1 2HF
    3 Precision
    6 Quicken
    9 ITHF
    12 Improved Crit Slashing
    15 GTHF
    18 Maximize or Wiz PL?
    21-30 I need help with these. I think I recall a feat for more Eldritch Blast dice?
    If you want to be using the enlightened spirit blast, take maximize over wiz pl, the damage will help a lot more than 1 DC will - your DCs aren't going to be great anyway.

For epic feats you probably want to do something like
    21 Epic Eldritch Blast
    24 Overwhelming Critical
    27 Intensify
    30 Construct Exemplar (this is kind of filler, pick whatever)

22 Perfect Two Handed Fighting
    25 Epic Pact Die
    28 Arcane Warrior
    31 Two Handed Speciality

30 Scion of Arborea

Pact: Celestial (lightning)
    My Pact spells are:
    Bless (meh)
    Soundburst (awesome!)
    Magic Circle Against Evil (meh)
    Prayer (its ok)
    Holy Aura (pretty good or it used to be)
    FoM (great)
    Might want to go cold or acid since your DCs arent going to be high and enemies with evasion will take no damage vs half damage on your pact dice. FoM you can also get from equipment.

Spells:
    1. Shield and Jump or maybe Charm (unsure about picking jump, I have Morah's Belt with gives +30 Jump)
    2. Invisibility (helps with speed), Web
    3. Haste and DDoor (Displacement from t5 ES)
    4. Evard's Black Tentacles, Protection from Elements
    5. Finger of Death (thinking I can FoD soft targets, like a caster in the back), Waves of Exhaustion (unsure if this is as strong it use to be...is it still no save on Orange monsters?)
    6. Mass Hold Monster
    Consider dark discorporation over haste. It's great for running through traps or surviving in a big group while still doing damage via aura.
    Have an expectation that your mass holds and fingers and evards may not work as long as you're gearing for melee.

Bladeforged Tree: 14 points for Strikethrough and all 3 Recon SLAs (I have 7 free Racial Points)
    Feydark Illusionist : 7 Points for CHR to hit and dmg
    Knight of the Chalice: 8 Points, mainly want Strikethrough and Divine Might
    Sacred Defender (this one depends a lot on if i do 2 levels of Paladin vs 4 levels): lite splash for some easy PRR/MRR bonuses if I do 2 PLD levels. If I do 4 levels, I plan on way more.
    Enlightened Spirit: whatever is leftover. I don't know what is good or bad or a trap. I did want to get Tier 5 in this for Shining Through and Displacement and Spirit Blast, will probably spend 37 AP into ES
    This seems solid. In ES basically go up to the imbue, make sure to take brilliance, and the light spellpower if you're planning on using the imbue/bursting.

Playstyle: buff up, and use my Aura and Great Sword to kill stuff. Abuse Shining Through and Quickened Reconstruct to stay alive.

Would this work? I was going to use this for 2 15>30 lives. Might do a couple 20>30 lives for some EPLs if its fast. Would be looking to do Elite and Low Reaper most likely. I don't see this being a hyper-optimized build.
    This would work for elite and low reaper. Damage will fall off a bit and won't be as high as a dedicated melee but it's a fun and durable playstyle and I hope you enjoy it.
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Soundblaster| | Kinsys - Cookie Cutter Monk

Thanks!

I wanted to do the Acid one, but I think I can't because of alignment (I have to be Lawful Good). At least I think I have to be Lawful Good to do Bladeforged paladin.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"

TI wanted to do the Acid one, but I think I can't because of alignment...
    You're right, nice catch, gj! (It woulda become obvious, but better to plan now. )

But Mael' brings up a good point re your DC's and a Pact that offers Reflex as the Save - not a lot has Evasion, but when it does, it could be a headache (unless you have a lot of Sorci PL's, to go w the Cha build?).

Possibly consider your other options... maybe Fire for Hurl thru Hell? or Fey (another Ref ST) for Dark Delerium, great if you're solo'ing a lot, and (almost?) nothing is resistant to Sonic.
    o https://ddowiki.com/page/Warlock#Pact_Choices

I have completionist and 2 Sorc lives. I am not opposed to running another RQ before doing this (want 3rd Sorc life anyway for Spellsinger and more Cleric lives anyway).
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"

Thanks!

I wanted to do the Acid one, but I think I can't because of alignment (I have to be Lawful Good). At least I think I have to be Lawful Good to do Bladeforged paladin.
    yes, but once you are full 20 warlock you can change your alignment. It costs 495 from the ddo store - so not something many are willing to do, but not a huge increase on top of the +1 heart. One option is to use the alignment change at 32 right before an etr so you can respec for free.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    yes, but once you are full 20 warlock you can change your alignment. It costs 495 from the ddo store - so not something many are willing to do, but not a huge increase on top of the +1 heart. One option is to use the alignment change at 32 right before an etr so you can respec for free.
    Since he is just running for PL I doubt that is in the cards.

I run a 19/1 Wlk/Pally as a straight chain blaster and its viable if you don't want to run a melee. It saves trying to get in the fighting feats and the meta magic feats to make the spells useful. It gives decent enough damage to level to 30 in low reapers. The bladeforged is mostly for the repair and to shed the Warforged Charisma penalty. It will have less gearing hassles than running as a melee fighter but if you have been running pally you may already be over that problem. He is running in Carceri pact.

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    Since he is just running for PL I doubt that is in the cards.

I run a 19/1 Wlk/Pally as a straight chain blaster and its viable if you don't want to run a melee. It saves trying to get in the fighting feats and the meta magic feats to make the spells useful. It gives decent enough damage to level to 30 in low reapers. The bladeforged is mostly for the repair and to shed the Warforged Charisma penalty. It will have less gearing hassles than running as a melee fighter but if you have been running pally you may already be over that problem. He is running in Carceri pact.
    Yeah, just trying to get a quick 15>30 for the Bladeforged PL.

Not thinking this will be terribly optimized, but I think it will be able to do Elite and Low Reaper.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"

I'd be curious to see what you decide, I've been debating a pally / lock update to my old anti-paladin build.
    Kodraith / Xanxibar / Xinibar / Lensgrinder :: Lava Divers of Khyber :: I'm a monk. I hit things; it's what I do.