Community Member

Default Sound bug isn't fixed

After U58, the client still crashes in Isle of Dread content. I did submit a bug report ticket. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtReply View Post
    After U58, the client still crashes in Isle of Dread content. I did submit a bug report ticket. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
    I found a solution to this problem on the DDO discord. Replacing the the OpenAL32.dll files in the DDO directory fixed my crashing.

Steps:
    1. Go to https://openal-soft.org/
    2. Download the Win32 and Win64 Binary zip file (openal-soft-1.23.0.bin.zip)
    3. Extract files
    4. Copy openal-soft-1.23.0.bin\router\win32\OpenAL32.dll to the base "Dungeons and Dragons Online" directory
    5. Copy openal-soft-1.23.0.bin\router\win64\OpenAL32.dll to "Dungeons and Dragons Online\x64" directory

Quote Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
    I found a solution to this problem on the DDO discord. Replacing the the OpenAL32.dll files in the DDO directory fixed my crashing.

Steps:
    1. Go to https://openal-soft.org/
    2. Download the Win32 and Win64 Binary zip file (openal-soft-1.23.0.bin.zip)
    3. Extract files
    4. Copy openal-soft-1.23.0.bin\router\win32\OpenAL32.dll to the base "Dungeons and Dragons Online" directory
    5. Copy openal-soft-1.23.0.bin\router\win64\OpenAL32.dll to "Dungeons and Dragons Online\x64" directory
    You have to redo this after each patch.
    The DDO installer will overwrite the "good" DLLs even if they are set to read-only.

Community Member

I still crash when in IoD sometimes just hanging out in the town by the docks waiting for the raid to start unless I turn off the game sounds in the options menu. I have tried overwriting openal32 both before and after the game loads, patches, caches etc to no avail. All overwriting those files does for me is to have no sound device detected. For some reason DDO hates my bluetooth earbuds and the crashes are most easily repeatable whenever I fight raptors.

I appreciate the suggestions in here but they do not seem to work for me. If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to try them.