Community Member

Default blighted wolf form and fang spells

I've been leveling a blightcaster wolf and have had the fang spells work fine in the first wolf form(plague) but in the second blighted form it says I'm immune. So magic fang and align fang no longer work for second form?

Quote Originally Posted by joheshua87 View Post
    I've been leveling a blightcaster wolf and have had the fang spells work fine in the first wolf form(plague) but in the second blighted form it says I'm immune. So magic fang and align fang no longer work for second form?
    Magic fang and the rest only work on players if they are Animals, Vermin, Magical Beasts, Dragons or Fey (https://ddowiki.com/page/Magic_Fang)

Blighted wolf form turns you into a Plant (https://ddowiki.com/page/Update_58_Release_Notes)

Seems WAI per the release notes, but also seems stupid to have the spells in which won't work with the archetype forms

Community Member

That was my understanding as well. I haven't played the class yet, but if Hive form and the written description of Fang are accurate, then Hive Master SHOULD work with the spell.

I would also like to test whether Shifters and can use Fang SLA from the racial tree in these different forms, including plant.
    "The imagination is not … the faculty for forming images of reality; it is the faculty for forming images which go beyond reality..." - Gaston Bachelard

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SocratesBastardSon View Post
    That was my understanding as well. I haven't played the class yet, but if Hive form and the written description of Fang are accurate, then Hive Master SHOULD work with the spell.

I would also like to test whether Shifters and can use Fang SLA from the racial tree in these different forms, including plant.
    The shifters fang SLA does work on the first wolf form but not on the second wolf form