Default Fiendish Symbiosis and what is appliable.

I'm planning on playing one of those and I was curious about it.

When acolyte of skin is transformed, does it benefits from 2wf and unnarmed fighting? Does it relys on BaB and bonus to hit? Doublestrike? Or its just warlock blasts but with melee visuals and range?

Playstyle wise what would be its role for a lvl 20 acolyte? Should be spamming beams? A dps? Casting spells? Tanking...? Walking like a melee? Whats splash class you guys found that looks good? What ED you planning or is already using on it?

I am a bit lost on it. Im not a warlock guy so I dont really know what is nice on a common warlock neither this one. Can only think about combining with ES for sinergy but it dont have it. So lets discuss the archetype, what you guys found fun and good on it? Whats the worse about it?
    Last edited by DaviMOC; 02-24-2023 at 09:17 AM.

I am not that high of a level yet but will let you know when I get there if nobody posts before then. It seems like it is just a melee animation with shorter range than a regular eld blast - as it indicates eldritch blast damage scaling with 200% spellpower, but the wording isn't totally clear. It sounds like it would be a ton of work to create a new hybrid melee/eld blast attack scaling to spellpower - so I doubt SSG went this route.

A good spec'd melee warlock multiclass benefiting from other classes with 200% spellpower scaling on top of other melee boosts would be absolutely insane - I doubt ssg would open up this type of abuse, but hey it's happened before so it's worth testing
    Last edited by slarden; 02-24-2023 at 01:33 PM.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

No. Its just a pbr blast with a .meele animation
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodynobody1426 View Post
    If you look across all the changes it's basically a giant nerf to all the stuff we used to use while trying to force folks into theme based playstyles.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality. (Note: this quote was from 2013, things never change)