Community Member

Default Xsolla and Babka are horrible. Please change your service provider.

On January 1, 2023, somebody playing Escape from Tarkov (EFT) filed a dispute with Babka (babka.com), Xsolla's support service.
    Somehow, that dispute got attached to my account. After about 4-5 hours (and I am not exaggerating) of Chat "service," I finally got them to realize the dispute wasn't connected to any transaction on my account. They even went so far (just before resolution) as to say I needed to prove the transaction that didn't exist wasn't mine. If the transaction did exist, they couldn't/wouldn't give me access to it. That problem indicates card and personal information could also be compromised. Xsolla needs to take that into consideration before they get their butts sued off.

Babka finally realized there was a disconnect and would unblock my account. I went to make a purchase in the DDO Store, and guess what? Yep. The transaction didn't go through - same error code as before (3032 is engrained in my mind now). So, I got back into chat and asked them to unblock my account. They said the account was unblocked, but my card was blocked - and that they couldn't unblock it.

So, now I have to order a new card with a new card number and update all my payment information for all my other services related to that card.

I have already skipped purchasing anything from DDO for a little more than a month due to this issue. I know it isn't a lot, and maybe SSG doesn't care. That's why I am posting the complaint here. I hope SSG does the responsible thing and leaves this post up for other folks to see and voice their opinions and concerns about a third party's third party handling their purchase support. Then, SSG should consider that feedback and take appropriate steps to fix the problem(s).

I don't have a choice of who is processing SSG purchases. I don't have a choice of who is handling that company's support. The only choice I have is if I want to continue doing business with SSG.

Quote Originally Posted by Careall View Post
    So, now I have to order a new card with a new card number and update all my payment information for all my other services related to that card.
    Or you could just not.

Why jump through all those hoops just to be able to continue giving money to a company that obviously doesn't respect you?
    Those are not pebbles surrounding the urn filled with Human teeth. They are megaliths!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Antheal View Post
    Or you could just not.

Why jump through all those hoops just to be able to continue giving money to a company that obviously doesn't respect you?
    I enjoy playing DDO. I don't enjoy this payment service. I was just stating what effort it would take me just to accept the way things are.
    I'd prefer the service to improve at the cost of me updating my payment method than me leaving DDO indefinitely. Yet, those are the choices to be made.

I happen to think Babka is a delicious desert. Definitely worth a try.
    Chaotic Good but in real life