Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Monster Manual after Transfer

Having recently joined the G-land mass exodus to Orien, I noticed that I didn't have HP information for lots of mobs. Which made me wonder what was going on with the MM after transferring. And what I found is kinda weird, and possibly troubling.

Once I kill the first mob of each type, the icons for all the Account and Mastery rewards are lit up like they've been completed, though the text says "X/Y" killed. In most cases, I'm at say "150/250", but yet the icon is lit as completed. Ok, maybe a visual glitch. However, in some cases, the number is full like 250/250 (as I've killed enough on this server to warrant the reward), but I can't click on the icon to receive the reward and didn't receive the reward (usually remnants or AS) otherwise. I should be clear I'm not talking about CHARACTER based rewards. Even weirder, is that I have the Mastery Rewards listed as complete both by icon lit up and by number (say, 5/5).

All of this makes me wonder, will I NOT be able to re-earn the AS, remnants, HP viewing, and creature companions for the account based deeds? If so, that seems kinda bogus. Anyone else in the same boat?

Last edited by kamimitsu; 02-22-2023 at 02:32 AM.
    Shiz - Ghallanda > Orien (Pharoah let my people go!)
    Shizmonkey (OG Grand Poo-Bah of R.O.G.U.E. 1st edition) and other various ShizAlts
    R.O.G.U.E. Proving Grounds Redux is now defunct. Check out Part Quatre

first off, i'm sorry i can't help, i have no idea about the issue cause i never transfer.

just posting a few links of ppl that had the same problem, probably there are more,

https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...ter-servermove

https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...-servers/page2

by the looks of it, the issue never got attention from devs and the player community often commentend in some dismissive tone, i can't understand why. iirc someone even posted such a warning for such a possible bug in some fearmongering hype transfer asap thread...and got dismissed again as fearmongering. the irony

but this is not the point, the point is that i hope the issue will be resolved, i'm just trying to give visibility in the only way i can, just a little post to bump your thread and post those links to spread some info fro those that may need, hope it helps, cause it seems to me that the issue is real. maybe it does not affects all players, but it seems real and serious to me anyway, we are talking about a premium paid feature.
    storage solution suggestion: Collection

omni-cosmetic system suggestion: Arbiter d'Phiarlan, the Weaver of Guises

Quote Originally Posted by Valerianus View Post
    I'm just trying to give visibility in the only way i can, just a little post to bump your thread and post those links to spread some info fro those that may need, hope it helps, cause it seems to me that the issue is real. maybe it does not affects all players, but it seems real and serious to me anyway, we are talking about a premium paid feature.
    I appreciate the links (sounds like I might just be screw-ha'd) and the bumpage. Mebbe since there was a HUGE recent migration, this issue might get some attention and resolution. I'm totally fine with them just wiping my progress and letting me start over (which is what I suspect SHOULD have happened), but I doubt it's that simple.
    Shizmonkey (OG Grand Poo-Bah of R.O.G.U.E. 1st edition) and other various ShizAlts

I have the exact same problem. Would be nice if it could be solved somehow.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

I don't really care too much about the AS or whatever, though they would certainly be nice to earn again. But if I can't get HP viewing back, that would be annoying for me.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

From what I have seen myself and heard from others everyone is having this problem.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    I don't really care too much about the AS or whatever, though they would certainly be nice to earn again. But if I can't get HP viewing back, that would be annoying for me.
    Same, the AS isn't that big a deal, I almost never use them anyhow, but not viewing HP (or having the future opportunity to) is pretty annoying... that's the thing that made me notice the issue in the first place.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

In my observation the monster manual counts have always been per server, what I do on Sarlona doesn't affect any other server I goof of on, they all have different info based on my activity on that particular server, not on my particular account. So that wouldn't transfer with a toon.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

By right when you transfer you lose the monster manual, the AS, the ship, the pets, the horses and anything in shared server.
    (Dont know if cache transfers, never tried.)

I got a monster manual hunter in every server.

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    In my observation the monster manual counts have always been per server, what I do on Sarlona doesn't affect any other server I goof of on, they all have different info based on my activity on that particular server, not on my particular account. So that wouldn't transfer with a toon.
    That's not the problem. The problem is that I can't earn MMs on Orien now, because the transfer bugged it. I can't earn the AS, pets or HP view (as far as I know, at least). I'm not asking to have my G-land progress carried over (though it would be nice), but I do want the option to actually get the MM things again on Orien at some point by working for it. As it is now, it seems bugged to me, with no chance of re-earning it.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    By right when you transfer you lose the monster manual, the AS, the ship, the pets, the horses and anything in shared server.
    (Dont know if cache transfers, never tried.)

I got a monster manual hunter in every server.

You're missing the point. It SHOULD reset. It, however, only half resets in that you start from 0 but can't RE-EARN any of the benefits.
    Last edited by kamimitsu; 02-22-2023 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamimitsu View Post
    You're missing the point. It SHOULD reset. It, however, only half resets in that you start from 0 but can't RE-EARN any of the benefits.
    I said by right.

I get it that you are bugged, transfers are bugged for a very long time. Question is which year are they going to fix it. Currently i got like 20 toons transferred from various hc's since HC1, all of them when you log off takes da mn long to log off, can be up to 15mins.

They will want you to log a bug report, then you need to figure out w t f is the log on for the bug report (Which isnt the same as your logon for ddo). Then after that then you need to wait for the russian/ukarine war to be over, then maybe and I said maybe they might respond then.

I thought of a work around but you might not be interested, tr or use a heart +0 should fix it.

Reason why is one of my hc mules was over loaded, so I used the btc heart +0 to max his str. After that the log out issue is gone, can immediately log him out.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

That's not the problem. The problem is that I can't earn MMs on Orien now, because the transfer bugged it. I can't earn the AS, pets or HP view (as far as I know, at least). I'm not asking to have my G-land progress carried over (though it would be nice), but I do want the option to actually get the MM things again on Orien at some point by working for it. As it is now, it seems bugged to me, with no chance of re-earning it.
    Oh, I misunderstood. I'm sorry you are having an issue and hope they fix it quickly. Have you tried making a new toon just to see if that counts on the MM ? I'm not suggesting that you have to create all new toons and start over or anything, just wondering if it's just the toons that were transferred that is bugged or your account on that server.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    I thought of a work around but you might not be interested, tr or use a heart +0 should fix it.
    Strange. I just TRed my current TR project character, and his MM is still messed up.

Have you tried making a new toon just to see if that counts on the MM ? I'm not suggesting that you have to create all new toons and start over or anything, just wondering if it's just the toons that were transferred that is bugged or your account on that server.
    Hmm, interesting. Will try and check.

EDIT: Created new character, MM looked the same, still messed up.
    Last edited by Dandonk; 02-23-2023 at 08:33 AM.

Strange. I just TRed my current TR project character, and his MM is still messed up.

Hmm, interesting. Will try and check.

EDIT: Created new character, MM looked the same, still messed up.

Just an update/FYI. I filled out a ticket, and if you haven't done so yet, I'd encourage you to do the same. Maybe if SSG get enough tickets it might get looked at (despite seemingly being a known thing for quite a while per Valerianus's post. Hopefully others will create tickets, as I have to imagine it's affecting many, if not all, of the thousands of accounts that transferred over the past few weeks.

Hero
    ([ ]'.')>-{===> <( ;..; <)

Dang.. The downsides to transferring just keeps piling up. Still, the risk of being left behind on a dead server is even greater, but I sure hope they actually fix issues like this.

This is an old bug. Happened to me years ago when I transferred. Hopefully with the increased number of people now suffering from it it might actually get fixed finally. Would be nice to have an MM again

I finally received a response.

"Thank you for your patience. The relevant teams have investigated this problem and it appears to be working as intended. Account deeds cannot be completed a second time after transferring. I apologize for these circumstances.

Kind regards,
    Customer Support
    Standing Stone Games"
    I have to say it's quite frustrating having the feature I paid real money for be disabled just because I spent money transferring.
    Basically your Monster Manuals are wiped when you transfer, which is fine for the character deeds but since the account deeds can only be unlocked once, they're gone forever. So no more monster HP ever...

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Villefere View Post
    I finally received a response.
    That is really not an acceptable response, at all.

Either they should be unlockable again, or they should stay unlocked through transfer. This way to not good enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast