Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by OrodelaSol View Post
    .... I don't understand why people get upset with them doing the same thing they have always done....
    Having been here for a while I would not say the past year is what they have always done. The past year of updates has had the worst record of problematic updates even causing an extremely rare rollback. Things are getting worse and people have noticed it is worse and are pointing that out. It may be that this is the best SSG can do now with their current resources. I can see why they would not want to announce it if that is the new reality but it doesn't mean that people should silently assume that is acceptable.

Community Manager

The game worlds have reopened.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Party punch isn't in the store, if you could have whomever handles that add it in that'd be awesome. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tabannon View Post
    You don't think a trapping ranger that doesn't have to spend rogue levels is useful? I've been wanting this for years.
    I agree that it does seem to have some benefits but it should replace DWS not AA tree (IMHO). I think they made a mistake in that aspect.
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Also, where are the positive comments for coming in 1.5 hours prior to the stated (expected) downtime when we get MULTIPLE rants when they go even 5 minutes over the expected downtime???

Welcome to the real world. Things don't always work out as expected...deal with it.

- Happy gaming all
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Congrats! on early uptime. Best of luck and loot to all.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tabannon View Post
    You don't think a trapping ranger that doesn't have to spend rogue levels is useful? I've been wanting this for years.
    Well, in Lamannia there has been a lot of distaste for this archetype, for several reasons. I could make a list, but let's just look at the release notes for how the design doesn't represent the concept.

Themes: Assassination, sneaking, hunting, trapmaking, scavenging, throwing weapons
    • Assassination: One assassinate ability that's very specific, other assassinate usages are for traps. Does have a themed imbue at least
    • Sneaking: Uses medium armor, has only little mitigation for its penalty, and DWS was already a sneaky tree
    • Throwing Weapons: No support for ranged weaponry
    • Missing pieces that should have been included into the themes: Pet Mastery

For the rest, you can see it either way, Maybe hunting and scavenging is hinting to wolf, trapmaking as the game mechanic isn't really there, but as SLA-likes, etc.

Like I said, problem is not that ranger can do traps, but how it's been implemented.

The fact that all of the trees haven't seen change since preview 3 may also cause some grief. Oh well, at least Tempest now works better with medium armor, so win?
    Nothing in this game is essential, unless you are a power-gaming & unimaginative lemming who follows everyone else, without having any form of creativity or original thought rolling around your brainpain...

Community Member

Mostly it will come down to those who want to complain because they didn't get what they wanted (of course that SEEMS to be the case for most people), and those who will try things out as they are and either like it and play or not like it and go about their business one way or another, without too many complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRunning View Post
    Mostly it will come down to those who want to complain because they didn't get what they wanted (of course that SEEMS to be the case for most people), and those who will try things out as they are and either like it and play or not like it and go about their business one way or another, without too many complaints.
    We haven’t been getting what we wanted for several updates: completely developed ideas, bugs identified on Lamannia addressed, timely communication/engagement with the community on the official DDO forums/website, and the promised value added back to VIP offerings. Yes, we complain because we want SSG to do better, be better, and foster a better relationship with the player community. When we feel valued as a customer, we are more interested in spending our money on the game.
    Ghallanda: Tervail (solo player)

10. 02-22-2023, 07:22 PM

11. 02-22-2023, 08:08 PM

12. 02-22-2023, 09:41 PM

13. 02-23-2023, 09:00 AM

14. 02-23-2023, 12:35 PM

One of the new items with this update is a clicky without charges so you can't actually click it; does that make it a teasey instead of a clicky?

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    One of the new items with this update is a clicky without charges so you can't actually click it; does that make it a teasey instead of a clicky?

Clicktease.
    Those are not pebbles surrounding the urn filled with Human teeth. They are megaliths!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123