Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

When most of the people here are toxic AF, I wouldn't want to interact with you either.

My guess is the release notes will say that they've updated the thorn spell so it no longer crashes the client. Then put out the wrong build and it'll crash everyone.
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRunning View Post
    When most of the people here are toxic AF, I wouldn't want to interact with you either.
    I think this is just some kind of forum mini-game. Best would be to just ignore these people.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    they're going to get banished to the junk pile along with DA
    Dark Apostate is only half-baked if you try to play it as a caster. Pure DA works really well as a STR-based Quarterstaff build. DA also works well as a DEX-based archer multiclass: 2 Rogue/6 Ranger/12 DA imbue build.

And three DA past lives are really worth having if you ever play PM.
    Last edited by Zarkarion; 02-22-2023 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarkarion View Post
    Dark Apostate is only half-baked if you try to play it as a caster. Pure DA works really well as a STR-based Quarterstaff build. DA also works well as an archer multiclass: 2 Rogue/6 Ranger/12 DA imbue build.

And three DA past lives are really worth having if you ever play PM.
    I second this post. Ran pretty much the same DA setup. Run into a group cast inflict wounds and start mowing them down with your staff.
    I also teamed up with a PM and we did very well.

Facing undead required a change in tactics what was still doable, just cast a little more spell points.
    If it ain't broke, you're not trying hard enough.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onyxia2019 View Post
    I second this post. Ran pretty much the same DA setup. Run into a group cast inflict wounds and start mowing them down with your staff.
    I also teamed up with a PM and we did very well.

Facing undead required a change in tactics what was still doable, just cast a little more spell points.
    I've been playing DA as a pure Death Domain Caster... Soloing Reapers.. bringing Frogo out to do traps and find hidden chests.. Hit a 104/108 WIS. Pure destructive machine. Even on high Reapers the self healing is 600pts a click and then the use of curse and smite becomes more prevalent.

DA is fun. .

Quote Originally Posted by Xoetep View Post
    I've been playing DA as a pure Death Domain Caster... Soloing Reapers.. bringing Frogo out to do traps and find hidden chests.. Hit a 104/108 WIS. Pure destructive machine. Even on high Reapers the self healing is 600pts a click and then the use of curse and smite becomes more prevalent.

DA is fun. .
    Would love to see the build if possible. I hated pure DA as caster but when splashed in 3 rog n 3-5 wiz then barb it was a great stick build. Only went 3x to 20 for pls. Being fully geared on main at cap would be a different story im sure.
    Khyberite

Default every - single - time

lets all praise the same system of rushing out unfinished content having ignored feedback

then hotfix tomorrow

then patch friday

then maybe the release notes

then fix the release notes text and not the patch

rinse and repeat

hurrah, much rejoicing
    Wreckingball - Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by octoparrott View Post
    lets all praise the same system of rushing out unfinished content having ignored feedback

then hotfix tomorrow

then patch friday

rinse and repeat

hurrah, much rejoicing
    +1
    When you ignore any type of leadership, you yourself are not fit to lead.

Quote Originally Posted by dandonk View Post
    so, will we see any vip improvements in this update?

no

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by dogbreath68 View Post
    no
    Well, maybe in U158 then.

Ah, still no?

Color me not surprised.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    FTFY

The archetypes seem to get worse and worse with each batch, and the devs show less and less self-reflection and willingness to listen to players about it each cycle

Blightcaster is at least 3/4 baked, but the other two I dont see having any defined role at all, they're going to get banished to the junk pile along with DA...and AotS may take its crown as "worst designed archetype"

I bet the patch notes dont even correct the typos that players have pointed out since the first page of Preview 1
    You don't think a trapping ranger that doesn't have to spend rogue levels is useful? I've been wanting this for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Well, maybe in U158 then.

Ah, still no?

Color me not surprised.

LOL. I stopped holding my breath for them to do something right 8 years ago.
    But that I do not know, if they do I am sure they will make a huge deal out of it tooting their own horns saying look what we did.

Community Member

then hotfix tomorrow

then patch friday

rinse and repeat

hurrah, much rejoicing
    I've never understood the need to bash on a release before it's been... released. All the negativity is speculative. The release notes are already out, by the way.

then hotfix tomorrow

then patch friday

rinse and repeat

hurrah, much rejoicing
    I'm just happy they are still operating. After the 3rd update I experienced I came to understand that this is simply how they do things. They update and then fix the problems as best they can as soon as they can by patching. Do they fix everything? Nope, not even close but if they could I don't see why they wouldn't. If you are expecting some other mode of operation you will surely be disappointed. I don't understand why people get upset with them doing the same thing they have always done. They are not "out to get you" and are just doing the best they can with what they have to work with which is clearly not the best equipment. It is only as frustrating as you allow it to be imho. 'Nuff said!
    Khyberite

There may be some that are toxic but it certainly is a minority and not "most". Also calling most most people toxic can warrant an infraction from Cordo (and can come across toxic).

There are a number of posters who are frustrated with the communication on these forums by SSG but that is because of the poor posting by SSG and it is non-sensical to justify the lack of communication on that frustration as that inverts causality.

The question is what percentage of toxic posters justifies abandoning a communication channel and thus punishing those posters who are not toxic for the actions of those who are. In light of the fact that SSG already has the tools to deal with toxic posters I don't think the percentage is anywhere near that threshold.

I think SSG has chosen to limit communication on these forums for reasons other than negative posters. Unfortunately their lack of communication here makes the reason a source of conjecture rather than discussion.

Community Member

I thought I heard that the freedom of movement piece of master falconer was supposed to get fixed? Was this fixed previously or still broken? I have since re-specced out of that build so I no longer can check.

Community Member

I'll never understand why SSG doesn't post their announcements uniformly. Back on Monday, friend of mine informed me that U58 was coming on Wednesday. I had no idea of this because I didn't follow the DDO Twitter. Why post stuff to Twitter and not the official forums? Or official website?

Quote Originally Posted by OrodelaSol View Post
    I don't understand why people get upset with them doing the same thing they have always done.
    This mindset is everything wrong with the playerbase.

Just because an organization/entity has "always done it this way," does NOT mean it's a good way. That's a horribly flawed argument; it's appeal to tradition.

Objectively speaking, it's terrible to treat your customers the way SSG has for their entire existence. They don't listen to feedback, they don't communicate, they nerf builds unexpectedly and with no stated rationale, and they continuously release bug-laden update after bug-laden update. Who wants to bet on how many integral things will be borked upon release of U58?

If you're honestly happy with the way they do business then good for you, but the naysayers definitely have a right to criticize SSG. Especially when there's money involved. I stopped spending money on the game 5-6 years ago, but I can only imagine how jilted some of the current-VIPs are feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^ in so many words is how you say time and feedback on Lammania are wasted.

Community Member

Default Is it really that bad?? And if it is for you, then why keep playing??

+++

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast