Default High Lords will host heroic Abbot teaching raid on Saturday, February 25 at 1pm ET

Next in our teaching raid series will be my favorite raid heroic Abbot! (Accursed Ascension) on Saturday, February 25 at 1pm ET!

All events in this series are for players new(er) to raiding or players who are looking to learn raids better. First timers welcome! Please have sound and be willing and able to follow instructions.

The goal is to welcome newer players into the raiding scene, to teach people how raids work, to get players more comfortable with raids and to enhance the Sarlona community. There is no level cap for any of our teaching raids.

If you are new to Abbot, you will need to have access to the Necropolis Part 4 adventure pack.

Flagging for abbot starts with collecting the 8 sigil pieces to complete your sigil of the abbot. Once you've completed your sigil, turn it into the NPC that gives the sigil frame, Sir Rohine in upper Necropolis, and he will grant the quest Litany of the Dead. Once you've completed the sigil, it stays with you and is not consumed when flagging and carries over to your next life. It is no longer needed to collect multiples of the same sigil pieces for future lives.

Sigil pieces are most efficiently acquired from chests in the 4 heroic Orchard of the Macabre quests (Fleshmaker's Laboratory, Ghosts of Perdition, Inferno of the Damned and Desecrated Temple of Vol) but can also drop in rare chests in the heroic orchard slayer zone. Any sigil piece can drop from any end chest in heroic orchard quests or rare slayer zone chests, however sigil pieces 1-4 commonly drop in specific orchard quests, while pieces 5-8 are random. See Litany link above for more on sigil piece locations. Note that it is not necessary to run orchard quests to flag for Litany, as long as you have a completed sigil.

Inferno of the Damned can be confusing for new players and Flesh Maker's Laboratory can be challenging to solo. If you are new to Necro 4, you may find some of my videos helpful:

Once you are flagged for Litany, you will need to complete the quest 4 times to kill each of the 4 bosses. Halfway through the quest, you will encounter a black dragon that will ask you a series of questions. Your answers will determine which boss you face. Answers for these questions, as well as solvers for many DDO puzzles can be found at cubicleninja.com. Be careful to answer correctly, you cannot restart the questions and if you answer incorrectly, the dragon will instakill you. After killing each boss there is an exit beyond the boss chest that you need to exit through, which takes you to the top of the tower outside of the orchard quest corresponding to the boss you killed. There are 4 crystals that need to be destroyed to complete the flagging for that boss. Do not destroy these crystals until all members of your party are present. Party members not present when the crystals are destroyed will not get credit for that boss. Then re-enter litany and do the same for the remaining bosses. Once you have killed all 4 Litany bosses, Sir Rohine will bestow the raid.

If you are new to Litany of the Dead, you may find my videos helpful:

Abbot flagging requires perhaps more commitment than any other raid but still contains some interesting loot, most notably the Quiver of Alacrity, which when upgraded gives striding 30% at level 1!

Space is limited so reserve your spot ahead of time! If you would like to reserve a space in this Saturday's event, please send in-game mail or tell to me on Gingerspyce.

This event will be live streamed on DDO’s Twitch channel DDOstream so even if you're not on Sarlona, you can watch, learn and ask questions live. This year we are simulcasting our teaching raids on multiple Twitch channels so that viewers can see moments when the part splits or from tank point of view, etc. This week's event will be simulcasted by my guildie Gijo on his Twitch channel highlordpudding. You can watch both streams at the same time at multitwitch.tv/ddostream/highlordpudding.

Thank you to the community for all the support and we hope to see you in raids soon

Much love,
    Voodu and The High Lords of Malkier

Great run in Abbot!! We had 3 folks who were new to or still learning the raid and we took everyone into all puzzles so they could try each!

Next week will be Defiler of the Just so get flagged and I'll post details in the Sarlona forum tonight