Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Are people transferring off Cannith? Should I?

Hi all, I have been playing on Cannith for more than a decade and for the most part like the server.

Up until recently there were few LFMs to choose form but usually something I could jump into. It seems now the real LFMs on Cannith are way down and what I sadly see are non LFM LFMs. People recruiting for guilds, people posting messages, and most frustratingly a live streamer that has apparently figured out an exploit to advertise himself by keeping his LFMs on the LFM panel even though the group is full.

I hear a lot of chat about transfers in PUGs and have even herd some rumblings about the larger guilds struggling with the idea. I see a few people have posted that they are/have moved. I don't want to move and loose my stuff and friends; however, if the choice is to be left on a dead server with no friends and people to play with or move - I'll move or quit.

So are a lot of people planning to leave Cannith?

While curious and still in the decision making stage, this may be a moot point for me anyway. The absolute horrid way that SSG has handled this and the complete lack of communication has just about convinced me to drop my sub and find something else. I understand there may be problems or unexpected events - but completely going silent on everything at a crucial decision point for many may be what breaks me. I mean they have gone so silent they did not even bother to post that transfers were turned off. Heck, it seems they were so afraid of getting on the forums they could not even post if there was a bonus this weekend.

Community Member

SSG posted transfers temporarily turned off on Twitter of all places. No word on the forums yet.

Imagine using the game’s official forums for official game announcements.
    Crazy, I know.

Yeah, Cordovan is on vacation this week, but nobody is assigned to fill in?
    Ghallanda: Tervail (solo player)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WetWip View Post
    Hi all, I have been playing on Cannith for more than a decade and for the most part like the server.

Up until recently there were few LFMs to choose form but usually something I could jump into. It seems now the real LFMs on Cannith are way down and what I sadly see are non LFM LFMs. People recruiting for guilds, people posting messages, and most frustratingly a live streamer that has apparently figured out an exploit to advertise himself by keeping his LFMs on the LFM panel even though the group is full.

I hear a lot of chat about transfers in PUGs and have even herd some rumblings about the larger guilds struggling with the idea. I see a few people have posted that they are/have moved. I don't want to move and loose my stuff and friends; however, if the choice is to be left on a dead server with no friends and people to play with or move - I'll move or quit.

So are a lot of people planning to leave Cannith?

While curious and still in the decision making stage, this may be a moot point for me anyway. The absolute horrid way that SSG has handled this and the complete lack of communication has just about convinced me to drop my sub and find something else. I understand there may be problems or unexpected events - but completely going silent on everything at a crucial decision point for many may be what breaks me. I mean they have gone so silent they did not even bother to post that transfers were turned off. Heck, it seems they were so afraid of getting on the forums they could not even post if there was a bonus this weekend.
    1270 characters left Cannith since February 8th https://www.ddoaudit.com/transfers
    Welll, 1270 is the number of characters that have been logged in on after transferring out of Cannith, so there could be a lot or a little more.
    Last edited by Ereshkigal; 02-17-2023 at 09:25 PM.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Orgy of fun on Orien!

everyone on Cannith is thinking as you, and it is a struggle to find the right decision.

It is the consequence of no effort to retain new players and no effort to encourage grouping. The main reason people are on a server is for the presence of other players—grouping, auction houses, breaking isolation.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Community Member

I can't speak for you, but I would go. I get that some people are unwilling to lose shards, mounts, etc. during the transfer (and I totally understand that), but anyone that is willing to accept that loss will probably be way happier on Orien. The server has become extremely active and has less lag than other servers even with a larger population. I definitely think SSG should have combined us all into one server, but since they don't seem willing to do that we will have to do it ourselves.

Community Member

Thanks all for the feedback. Sadly seems like the consensus is to go.

I think the best thing to do is to just quit the game until SSG gets this thing figured out and does a proper server merge. I just can not spend the money to move and rebuild my ship on another server - seems too much like rewarding SSG for their failure. I tried playing this weekend and was only able to find a couple groups to run with, I have no reason to log in if there is no one to play with. Not many PUGs on Cannith now and it is likely to only get worse assuming SSG reopens transfers without any plan to address the loss of players.

Saekee - I see you are in the Silver Legion, in my opinion one of the biggest and most respected guilds on Cannith. You all are a class act and I always enjoyed it when I found myself in a group with someone from SL. I was very surprised and saddened to hear there was an attempted mutiny in your guild by a group of people that wanted to take it over and move it to Orion. Sounds like the mutiny was put down and after some officers "resigned" the guild will be staying on Cannith. If SSGs actions can cause a civil war in SL, I can only imagine what is happening in other, less structured guilds. I wish SL and the other guilds staying on Cannith the best of luck. I'll try and part with a smile on my face and say "Thanks for all the runs."

Community Member

I just transferred from Cannith to Orien. (Or at least only my main character since they closed off transfers before I got my alts in)
    Been checking for a little more than a week and the amount of LFMs on Orien is absolutely insane.
    As a person that likes to TR often, I find myself maybe 90-95% of the time soloing the quests, never seeing a soul.
    Or at least, that has been the case in the past few years for me.
    Now in Orien, I've met with a bunch of people already here and there, and just seeing the game this alive is something I haven't seen in a very long time.
    Or at least not on Cannith.

Would love to hear more thoughts.

Varr plays exclusively on Cannith for years now.

Only a fool would leave Varr.
    Varr's all over. Cannith Varr getting the love currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Varr View Post

Funny. I played on Cannith for years. Don't recall ever seeing you. Are you by chance a halfling, or possibly a gnome? Sometimes I forget to look down.... it's like there's a whole other world that exists below 4 feet that full-size folk are unaware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldorin View Post
    Funny. I played on Cannith for years. Don't recall ever seeing you. Are you by chance a halfling, or possibly a gnome? Sometimes I forget to look down.... it's like there's a whole other world that exists below 4 feet that full-size folk are unaware of.
    Devs literally created Cannith for me. It is MY server.

Halflings are hard to see though. My LFMs though….hard to miss! You must be joking the more I consider, it is impossible you don’t know Varr.
    Last edited by Varr; 02-21-2023 at 04:25 AM.
    Varr's all over. Cannith Varr getting the love currently.

xsnipx

Saekee - I see you are in the Silver Legion, in my opinion one of the biggest and most respected guilds on Cannith. You all are a class act and I always enjoyed it when I found myself in a group with someone from SL. I was very surprised and saddened to hear there was an attempted mutiny in your guild by a group of people that wanted to take it over and move it to Orion. Sounds like the mutiny was put down and after some officers "resigned" the guild will be staying on Cannith. If SSGs actions can cause a civil war in SL, I can only imagine what is happening in other, less structured guilds. I wish SL and the other guilds staying on Cannith the best of luck. I'll try and part with a smile on my face and say "Thanks for all the runs."
    Thank you from our guild for the kind words. No there was no mutiny in our guild for a forced move—I am amazed how fast rumors spread! I am sure all guilds on Cannith are weighing the pros and cons of people leaving. You have players that may not have logged in for a long time that return and find everyone gone, for example, as well as the massive guild ammenities. We store up lots of unbound goodies to help each other for example. I will let the hard working officers in our guild post any announcements here if you are curious what we do.
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Devs literally created Cannith for me. It is MY server.

Halflings are hard to see though. My LFMs though….hard to miss! You must be joking the more I consider, it is impossible you don’t know Varr.
    Saekee on Cannith salutes Varr!

Community Member

The telephone game as a forum minigame? Cool. I wonder what the original information was on this one?
    Andrialla / Archellus / Kadarin / Mercantile Joe
    Knight of The Silver Legion (Forum name: Rugar)
    Cannith / Orien

Community Member

Not moving myself here.
    Cannith Server: Maetrim - Once again complete
    Maetrim's DDO Character Planner: https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilder/releases

Community Member

I think the best thing to do is to just quit the game until SSG gets this thing figured out and does a proper server merge. I just can not spend the money to move and rebuild my ship on another server - seems too much like rewarding SSG for their failure. I tried playing this weekend and was only able to find a couple groups to run with, I have no reason to log in if there is no one to play with. Not many PUGs on Cannith now and it is likely to only get worse assuming SSG reopens transfers without any plan to address the loss of players.

Hey Wetwip, I am the DDO Realm leader of Guild Medieval(The Silver Legions) and I am glad to hear you have had good experience with our guild on Cannith. It is always good to hear! Hot darn! I survived a mutiny and didn't even know it! My street cred has got to go up now! If only guild planning was really that exciting! The Silver Legion is not leaving Cannith. We will be starting a sister guild on Orien for those players who would like to move but still have the family friendly guild for mature gamers that is Guild Medieval!
    Cannith Server toons
    Nightingaile
    Terallyn
    Juriss Prudence

Ultimate Lord of Shadows Dreppo's Avatar

I'm sticking with you buddy.

Ultimate Lord of Shadows Dreppo's Avatar

Can we stop with these posts that are posed as innocent questions? "Are people really blah blah blah? Should I do like everybody else?" These so-called questions are suggestive and self-fulfilling. A lot of people will just see this and automatically think it's a trend. If you're going to transfer, transfer.

The best of luck to all those who do not transfer. I hope the movie or something floods DDO with more players.

What is fact right now is Orien is a dream for grouping up. I think I made more friends or at least potential group mates on Orien in the past week than an entire year on G-Land.

And the lag ain't half bad either! Remember Orien is the new and improved server created specifically to handle the influx of players when DDO went F2P. It shows!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast