Community Member

Default Questions about ToEE loot, feasibility

Is it even slightly feasible to try and get a specific item from ToEE? There is 1 item I want from the water node, but it says end chest only. The other is from ToEE lower level, or separately from upper level. I haven't done lower level yet, but upper level took a LONG time.

Is it just unreasonable to try and farm this? Are there shortcuts or easier ways to get through these quests that wont take ~45minutes to an hour?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrag View Post
    Is it even slightly feasible to try and get a specific item from ToEE? There is 1 item I want from the water node, but it says end chest only. The other is from ToEE lower level, or separately from upper level. I haven't done lower level yet, but upper level took a LONG time.

Is it just unreasonable to try and farm this? Are there shortcuts or easier ways to get through these quests that wont take ~45minutes to an hour?
    They can all be done in 15-20 min if memory serves. Did both part one quests and all four elemental nodes last life (I half like, half despise the recent changes). For end chest loot it's feasible.

If you are looking for a random chest drop, due to the random nature of the spawns to farm a specific piece of equipment you have to know exactly where the mob could possibly spawn, check all the locations and then recall/reset to look again, and when you DO find him, maybe get the equipment you want in the chest. But probably not.

Best advice, get a group, tell them what you are looking for and blitz the quests on elite (unless you are looking for a reaper enhanced item, then good luck).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicis View Post
    They can all be done in 15-20 min if memory serves. Did both part one quests and all four elemental nodes last life (I half like, half despise the recent changes). For end chest loot it's feasible.

If you are looking for a random chest drop, due to the random nature of the spawns to farm a specific piece of equipment you have to know exactly where the mob could possibly spawn, check all the locations and then recall/reset to look again, and when you DO find him, maybe get the equipment you want in the chest. But probably not.

Best advice, get a group, tell them what you are looking for and blitz the quests on elite (unless you are looking for a reaper enhanced item, then good luck).
    Ok, I will give it a shot. Yesterday I kinda wandered all over the first map trying to figure out what was going on. Doing elite at +1. The shrines were _very important_ as I kept running out of spellpoints!

Community Member

Rise from your grave!

So, I got the goods I needed following your advice.

I went to ddowiki to see what chest spinaltap and some others dropped in, and they said "toee earth dragon chest".

Now the earth dragon in that node does indeed drop stuff, but its after 32 attempts (8 loots, 3 rerolls each), i only saw the orb, this bloomstick, a mushroom hat, and something else.

My regular groupmate indicated that the _fire_ dragon is the one with the weapon loot?

Is this accurate? I can do the fire dragon, but I would much rather ddowiki be correct. That was _a lot_ of shards to run (100ish!!!) for absolutely nothing I wanted. :/

Edit: I have assassins kiss from first drop chest fire dragon, but I want to get spinal tap so I can run a sword and board cleric!
    Last edited by Scrag; 03-24-2023 at 06:38 AM.

In my experience, each node optional drops specific old TOEE items:

• Air drops Leverage, Spinal Tap, and Sapphire Sting
    • Earth drops Golden Orb of Death, Elemental Bloom, and Mushroom Cap
    • Fire drops Cranium Cracker, Assassin's Kiss, and Thrall of the Fire Temple
    • Water drops Leopard's Chill, Horseshoe Crab Shield, and Mushroom Cap

I have only observed one item dropping in two spots, Mushroom Cap, which drops in both Earth and Water. I also have not found Periron's Talon or Elemental Victory.
    Last edited by Kayze; 03-29-2023 at 09:38 PM.

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Since they split up the quest, all prior knowledge of drops has changed, It's a crapp shoot, I run it a lot, (heroic) nothing is guaranteed in there anymore. not too mention, dropping the original crafting system was not a very favorable change* IMO .

* I "get it" if dropping the crafting was done to make way for a newer system. Like. say, a New Universal Legendary Elemental Based system. Maybe the plan is to bump ToEE up to legendary, and give us a new raid (or 2).

I am fortunate to have amassed a stockpile of ingredients before the change. I only use heroic, (great stuff for lvl 7 - 12 fully upgraded) Epic lvl items are meh. Better stuff out there.
    Last edited by Captain_Wizbang; 03-29-2023 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Wizbang View Post
    I am fortunate to have amassed a stockpile of ingredients before the change. I only use heroic, (great stuff for lvl 7 - 12 fully upgraded) Epic lvl items are meh. Better stuff out there.
    ML26 set bonus, provide unique +20 Quality RP/MP/SP and AoE damage still BiS for some build at level.
    English not my native language. What's your excuse?