Community Member

Unhappy Worlds dont appear in transfer after a (failed?) character transfer

Hello,
    So I set my main character to transfer, and after an hour, it still hasnt. I checked on a box account to create the name, still exists. When i attempt to check character/world list in the Transfers spot, No "your worlds" appears. Also tried on laptop, no worlds there either. Ive not logged into the character for fear of it getting "locked" as wiki says.
    Ive done a number of character transfers already, on another account, all took less than a minute with no issues.
    Any advice? dont really want to mess with that .ipi file stuff or whatever.

Transfers/copies are going super slow. It's been an hour and half since I tried copying a character to lam and it still hasn't gone thru nor failed yet; it's soooo sooooooo sllllooooooowwwww to process right now. I assume your transfer is the same issue on long delays.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    Transfers/copies are going super slow. It's been an hour and half since I tried copying a character to lam and it still hasn't gone thru nor failed yet; it's soooo sooooooo sllllooooooowwwww to process right now. I assume your transfer is the same issue on long delays.
    Well ive transferred like 9 characters in last 24h and i had an email within a minute and character was transferred. the most recent was right before this main character (on different account) and was near instant.
    it wouldnt be as big of an issue if it was just a delay, no problem, but the worlds are gone in the transfers are only which is concerning if not resolved.
    Last edited by Dethclok; 02-14-2023 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethclok View Post
    but the worlds are gone in the transfers are only which is concerning if not resolved.
    As far as I'm aware, that's just to prevent people from trying to do another transfer until the current one queued up either succeeds or fails. Mine is the same display (and has done the same display in the past when transfers have taken prolonged time periods).

Community Member

As far as I'm aware, that's just to prevent people from trying to do another transfer until the current one queued up either succeeds or fails. Mine is the same display (and has done the same display in the past when transfers have taken prolonged time periods).
    okay thanks, hopefully thats it! was strange because the rest were so quick, then the one that matters wasnt!

Community Member

Hello,
    So I set my main character to transfer, and after an hour, it still hasnt. I checked on a box account to create the name, still exists. When i attempt to check character/world list in the Transfers spot, No "your worlds" appears. Also tried on laptop, no worlds there either. Ive not logged into the character for fear of it getting "locked" as wiki says.
    Ive done a number of character transfers already, on another account, all took less than a minute with no issues.
    Any advice? dont really want to mess with that .ipi file stuff or whatever.
    Experiencing the exact same thing. 7 hours now.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LavidDynch View Post
    Experiencing the exact same thing. 7 hours now.
    were you by chance on an airship when you tried? after my ":worlds" came back in transfer spot i assume it failed, tried again, and now after reset another attempt failed. logged in, figured maybe being on a ship screwed with it because it wouldnt be able to put you on a ship in new server? Hoping thats the issue. Attempt #3.
    FYI turn in your monster manual stuff before you transfer! got an extra 15k rems and more.

Community Member

were you by chance on an airship when you tried? after my ":worlds" came back in transfer spot i assume it failed, tried again, and now after reset another attempt failed. logged in, figured maybe being on a ship screwed with it because it wouldnt be able to put you on a ship in new server? Hoping thats the issue. Attempt #3.
    FYI turn in your monster manual stuff before you transfer! got an extra 15k rems and more.
    I am having same issue cant transfer

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cbiscuit View Post
    I am having same issue cant transfer
    hope it fixes soon! half my account is transferred, totally in limbo RN.

I can see the world list again after the reboot today. Never got any email about success nor failure, but the character isn't on the new server so it's either still trying to process, failed, or the reboot today killed the transfer attempt (no clue which of these it is).

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Having problems today also, can't even log in again now.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Community Member

I can see the world list again after the reboot today. Never got any email about success nor failure, but the character isn't on the new server so it's either still trying to process, failed, or the reboot today killed the transfer attempt (no clue which of these it is).
    yeah it seems like when the worlds reappear that is when the attempt failed? I stopped getting transfer emails yesterday even when they succeeded..
    on try #4 now.. pretty nerve wracking when its the character ive spent thousands of hours and dollars playing! (its true... ive bought a tonne of TP and 10 years straight VIP)
    I started a help ticket yesterday, in the transfers section. seems like they can also manually do it. no response yet though.