Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default U58 Preview 3 - Treasure

Use this thread to discuss feedback on the latest version of the new treasure coming with Update 58 "Unlikely Heroes" for the quest "Kill Ten Rats". The treasure list can be accessed by speaking with The Loot Guy in the Test Dojo. This thread is for feedback as of Preview 3.

I see the Overview Thread links this as an Updated thread but you gave no indications that anything changed between Preview2 and 3... did anything change? Or was the previous thread just locked and a new thread created? If there were NO changes why should players bother updating Lamannia and repeating feedback? If there were changes, please at least indicate such. :/
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I see the Overview Thread links this as an Updated thread but you gave no indications that anything changed between Preview2 and 3... did anything change? Or was the previous thread just locked and a new thread created? If there were NO changes why should players bother updating Lamannia and repeating feedback? If there were changes, please at least indicate such. :/
    One of the Wedding Ring names was changed.

That was the only thing I saw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

U58 P3 Loot is here.
    Orien: Level 400 Cannith Crafter
    (*) - Crafter Advert for Orien
    Guild Leader, Old Curiosity Shop
    "The 'forever' rogue"

Quote Originally Posted by Zavina View Post
    U58 P3 Loot is here.
    Thank you again for going to this effort Zavina.

So thank you to the devs for changing the names of the wedding rings, and fixing the disease guard to be legendary on legendary items.

Does the Longstrider clicky on the Legendary boots help? Idk, I won't be using them. The trinket Long-lost Charm went from the potentially interesting albeit bugged Quality Enchantment DC to regular Enchantment DC so meh, and is now down to only 3 effects on a named item... WAI? No changes to Rust Laden Pendant, or Ruined Glory or the effects of the Wedding Rings.

Was the Deception skill bonus fixed? I would still prefer Insightful False Life to regular False Life on the Cherished Wedding Ring.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Default Bugs/Errors/Typos:

1) Longstrider on the boots is cute. But the clicky doesn't show how many charges it has, and in heroics you put the clicky on the necklace instead of the boots by accident.

2) Sweeping the whole Quality <spell school> Focus problem under the rug by changing the trinket from Quality Enchantment Focus to normal Enchantment Focus is disappointing. You'll have to deal with this issue sooner or later guys. Here's more information about it. The Quality version of Long-Lost Charm was better IMO. Just figure out how to do Quality <spell school> Focus correctly.

3) Typo in both H/L boots: "its depths" should be "their depths".

4) Both heroic and legendary Long-Lost Charm are missing the effect that is supposed to replace the obsolete Disease Guard.

To answer my own question Deception/Improv Deception is still giving a bonus to hide instead of bluff according to the effects log and character sheet.

Also the Ruined Glory cloak still has a dingy red appearance despite the lore description describing it as a tattered cloth of shining gold. Is the art work for this item complete? If this is the appearance it is meant to have please change the lore description or change the cosmetic appearance to something like the Jeweled Cloak or any other of the in-game cloaks with some portion of gold.

I noticed that the posts by Kookie and Torc on the archtypes indicated changes from Preview 2 in an alternate color. The 2 posts from Tolero (this and the overview) didn't bother with such niceties. I guess that level of effort is beneath a producer. She is probably still worn out from that epic producers letter...

Why is any of this loot 31? Each character is only going to be lv 31 once with the way legendary xp and tr-ing works. Why not make it lv 32 and better?

Ruined Glory:
    - It's fine. Maybe quality dodge instead of insightful would make it more useful.

Warded Sewer Waders:
    - Proof against disease/poison is horrible, please don't use it ever again. If you absolutely insist on putting this garbage on items, make it a new effect that's a bonus to both poison, disease, and maybe something else instead of wasting TWO effect spots.
    - Speed is also a waste of space considering there's a zillion pieces of gear with it.
    - Longstrider clicky: is this supposed to be on the boots (I assume so) or the necklace? If boots, the legendary one should be a higher cl, not 5, even though it lasts 10 min. And the legendary one should also be longstrider mass, because seriously, why not?

Long-Lost Charm:
    - I know you said you didn't want f2p stuff to be "meta" but this is just bad for lv 18. Ditch the good luck and add something on spellcast.

Neglected Wedding Ring:
    - FoM on a ring is a nice alternative and the way "not meta" should be done. Not going to be in people's r10 ultra optimized gearset, but could fill in a spot for other people.

Cherished Wedding Ring:
    - Seems bard-oriented but also...not. I'd say ditch the false life for something else as well. Something not as likely to be on other pieces of gear.

Rust-laden pendant
    - Will saves is the odd man out here. Just regular will saves too.
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

None of the items are particularly meta defining for any build. You would expect if your gonna design a quest, there should be that one piece that people are gonna want for some type of build, otherwise people may run it once a life for Reaper XP or skip it all together.

Each quest pack should have at least one item that truly outshines the current meta for any given class. Weather its warlock this time or paladin the next.

I will run the quest once for favor and never look back.

My tank has not changed a single piece of gear since acquiring what he is currently wearing from Feywild. 10 updates.
    Last edited by Cashiry; 02-15-2023 at 07:44 AM.
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    She is probably still worn out from that epic producers letter...
    This is gold!
    Ghallanda: Tervail (solo player)

You said that these items are not to be part of META.

I can agree with this, taking advantage that and they are not part of META, because you do not create fun items, different and useful for someone, such as items aimed at summons and other builds that are not part of the goal and not all build needs to be in the goal.

The last useful item for summons was in Ravenloft.

I would not want to be caught in a group casting Longstrider at level 18.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gralhota View Post
    You said that these items are not to be part of META.

I can agree with this, taking advantage that and they are not part of META, because you do not create fun items, different and useful for someone, such as items aimed at summons and other builds that are not part of the goal and not all build needs to be in the goal.

The last useful item for summons was in Ravenloft.
    Good.... summons need to be removed from the game. They're harmful to a group.
    Hirelings and pets can at least be parked to avoid unnecessary aggro. Summons cannot.

Also there's no reason coming up with useless items.....might as well just not have any named loot at all. Just put tokens of the 12 into the end chest. That'll be enough for at least some people to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    I would not want to be caught in a group casting Longstrider at level 18.
    Longstrider's use is for the removal of the shallow water movement speed penalty, not for the movement speed.

Quote Originally Posted by xaxaeb View Post
    Good.... summons need to be removed from the game. They're harmful to a group.
    Hirelings and pets can at least be parked to avoid unnecessary aggro. Summons cannot.

Also there's no reason coming up with useless items.....might as well just not have any named loot at all. Just put tokens of the 12 into the end chest. That'll be enough for at least some people to run it.

Well... In past posts I have already suggested that they remove summons and hirelings from the game since no attention is paid to them.

The player can choose a group or play alone, if a group does not want summons, just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    She is probably still worn out from that epic producers letter...
    ChatGPT can be hard to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Firebreed View Post

3) Typo in both H/L boots: "its depths" should be "their depths".
    I think it refers to the depths of the sewer and not how deep these boots are, I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    I think it refers to the depths of the sewer and not how deep these boots are, I could be wrong.
    It indeed does, but it uses the word "sewers", not "sewer", so plural is needed regardless.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firebreed View Post
    Longstrider's use is for the removal of the shallow water movement speed penalty, not for the movement speed.
    I love lately how much the devs have invested in mitigating shallow water / think anyone at all cares about this .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast