Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    So what part of the description says that when a ranger decides to become one they suddenly lose evasion?
    In PnP, a level 5 Ranger can qualify for that prestige class. I.e., at level 10, you could have a Ranger 5 / Dark Hunter 5 character. This character would not have evasion.
    Rangers get Evasion at level 9. I.e., if the player decided to take more Ranger levels, the character would receive Evasion at level 14 (Rgr 9 / DH5).
    If the player decided to pursue other base or prestige classes after level 10, for example Barbarian, such character would not have evasion.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    In PnP, a level 5 Ranger can qualify for that prestige class. I.e., at level 10, you could have a Ranger 5 / Dark Hunter 5 character. This character would not have evasion.
    Rangers get Evasion at level 9. I.e., if the player decided to take more Ranger levels, the character would receive Evasion at level 14 (Rgr 9 / DH5).
    If the player decided to pursue other base or prestige classes after level 10, for example Barbarian, such character would not have evasion.
    So what you're saying is that a Ranger can level up to 9 before taking Dark Hunter levels. Hence, still have evasion.

I don't recall anything stating Rangers HAVE to make the switch to Dark Hunter at level 6.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRunning View Post
    From that link: Rangers are the most likely characters to become dark hunters. Druids, rogues, and fighters are also common, in other words they don't get many OTHER special proficiencies other than what the base class usually gets, but they get some differences, or did you not happen understand that?
    You based your own argument on the fact that the prestige class doesn't say it should have evasion.
    I just pointed out that the prestige class doesn't say it should be able to use swords and bows.

The prestige class doesn't say it should be able to wield longbows - like you said, it assumes it should have some abilities from its base class.

Your own argument says that the prestige class doesn't say it should have evasion. I just use the same logic and say it should have this ability from its base class.
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

Community Member

Xgya

You based your own argument on the fact that the prestige class doesn't say it should have evasion.
    I just pointed out that the prestige class doesn't say it should be able to use swords and bows.

The prestige class doesn't say it should be able to wield longbows - like you said, it assumes it should have some abilities from its base class.

Your own argument says that the prestige class doesn't say it should have evasion. I just use the same logic and say it should have this ability from its base class.
    You'll notice how Cru121 has bothered to look stuff up while you continue to criticize me for your lack of comprehension, and you could still pick up evasion as a feat if you wanted to, but no you want to tear down other people because you didn't want to bother to read anything.

The way I see it, all archetypes loose something from there base class. To not do this would just be adding a fourth class tree.
    I see the DH as a tanker ranger, yes you get medium armor and in so doing you loose evasion. Can't have evasion unless you are in light armor or robes and if you want to wear those then play a standard ranger. The DH is a more up close and personal style. Unload with a deviating sneak attack and finish at close range.

The tempest ranger has the sword whiling agile style were as the DH is the stab you in the back and slit your throat. Nothing fancy.

Just my thoughts on it.
    If it ain't broke, you're not trying hard enough.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onyxia2019 View Post
    The way I see it, all archetypes loose something from there base class. To not do this would just be adding a fourth class tree.
    I see the DH as a tanker ranger, yes you get medium armor and in so doing you loose evasion. Can't have evasion unless you are in light armor or robes and if you want to wear those then play a standard ranger. The DH is a more up close and personal style. Unload with a deviating sneak attack and finish at close range.

The tempest ranger has the sword whiling agile style were as the DH is the stab you in the back and slit your throat. Nothing fancy.

Just my thoughts on it.
    You forgot to feed them to your dog for the early levels. My baby boy.

Community Member

I've said it elsewhere before this should have been a Universal tree instead of an archetype, unless they plan other "Dark Hunter" variants to other classes.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567