Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Dungeons & Dragons Online: How game devs build dungeons LIVE at PAX East!

We are honored to be hosting a panel discussion at PAX East 2023! The presentation “Dungeons &Dragons Online: How game devs build dungeons LIVE!” will take place from 2:00pm – 3:00pm Eastern (-5 GMT) on Thursday, March 23rdfrom the PAX East Albatross Theatre (Room 210). If you are attending PAX East we hope to see you there!

Ever wonder how your favorite MMO's dungeons get built, what traps they use, or mechanics they want to highlight? Join MMO's ultimate Dungeon Masters from Standing Stone Games as we delve into our creative process and build a dungeon for you live on stage! Our seasoned experts in game design, systems strategy, and production will all share a behind-the-curtain view of how Dungeons and Dragons Online develops instances that players enjoy. Not only that, but we're giving the audience the chance to vote for what they would like to see implemented in the dungeon that they can play in game at a later date!

We are also hosting a community meetup that evening open to anyone in the area who is close enough to attend! We will have more information about the meetup soon, but expect it to take place in the early evening of Thursday, March 23rd within walking or short public transportation distance from the convention center. For now we are not taking reservations, but if that changes we will let you know. This will be a fun hangout for chat, swag, and more!

Help us build the dungeon with a brief survey! We're looking for everyone to offer their input on two choices that will be used by the team at the panel...and eventually brought into the game!

The survey will be available to respond to until 12:00pmEastern on Thursday, February 23rd. NOTE: The survey is now closed, thank you! We'll have the results at the panel.

What: Dungeons &Dragons Online: How game devs build dungeons LIVE!
    Where: PAX East, Albatross Theatre (room 210)
    When: Thursday, March 23rd 2:00pm-3:00pm Eastern (-5 GMT)
    Who:
    Robert “Nohbob” Hess, Senior Game Designer II
    Brent “Torc” Walton, Senior Content and Systems Designer
    Sonya “Artemist” McCree, Game Designer I
    Amanda “Tolero” Grow, Producer
    Jerry “Cordovan” Snook, Community Manager

Find the panel event on the PAX East web site.

Community Meetup: Thursday, March 23rd, 6:00-9:00pm Eastern
    Where: Lucky's Lounge, 355 Congress Street, Boston, MA 02210
    How: RSVPs are now available! If you plan to attend please RSVP quickly: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MKY3ZYT

The panel will be livestreamed by the PAX East organization on one of their Twitch channels! We'll have more information on the stream soon, but we expect the livestream will be broadcast on Twitch.tv/PAX2.

We'll update this message with new information in the coming weeks!
    Last edited by Cordovan; 02-28-2023 at 03:58 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Default We buy the Thur badge?

I just need a Thursday badge for this?

Can you link that so there is no confusion when I buy a couple?
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by EdsanDarkbane View Post
    I just need a Thursday badge for this?

Can you link that so there is no confusion when I buy a couple?
    No badge is needed for the meetup, Thursday is the day of the PAX East panel so yeah Thursday badge to get into the convention. Panels at PAX East (versus Gen Con for example) don't allow for signups or registration, so you have to wait in line and get an available seat. I'd love to think we'd fill up the room, but it'll probably be fine.
    Join us on Twitch!

Default Virgin trip

So if I grab some badges I can be admitted to the convention but no guarantee I get a seat in the DDO talk?
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Instigator of Sharn-anigans druidsfireddo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EdsanDarkbane View Post
    So if I grab some badges I can be admitted to the convention but no guarantee I get a seat in the DDO talk?
    There isn't a wristband-style guarantee or assigned seating as in other conventions, no. That being said, Albatross is one of the three big non-main theaters in the place, capable of seating a few hundred people, so I'd personally be surprised if it hits capacity (sorry, SSG, the room is huge.) PAX should be posting the maps soon, but the overall layout should be the same as previous years. With all the theaters, there is a queue room next door where you line up and wait, and if the queue exceeds that room, folks will be directed by the red-shirted Enforcers to start queuing in the hallway nearby in certain places out of the way to avoid impeding traffic.

PAX will clear the theaters between panels, so you can't show up first thing in the morning and camp out all day like it's Hall H at San Diego Comic Con. They tend to close the queue room while they're loading in for a panel, then folks wanting good seats for the next panel will start queuing in the side room as soon as the current one starts and hang out and wait the hour or so until the panel is over and that audience is sent away. They bring snacks/food/handheld games/Magic/dice and have fun while they wait.

There is limited medical seating outside in the hallway for those with the appropriate badges and their plus-one if they're unable to wait in the queue room, and accommodations are made for accessibility's sake. Medical badges don't get to jump the queue, however, tho most of the Enforcers I've met do try to be reasonably cool about it.

If the utter worst happens and you can't get in, we're fortunate SSG scored the big room so there'll be the livestream and it'll be archived to watch later. The smaller theaters don't get that, so we're lucky!
    Last edited by druidsfireddo; 02-13-2023 at 08:16 PM.

Default Why not make a little side cash, SSG?

"$20 purchase in the next hour and we shout out your forum name!" It's like you don't even want to monetize.

My bet is this event is to make more people consider taking that Lead Content Designer or Senior Designer World Builder job positions
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Polska gildia DDO - Magia i Miecz (200), Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

Community Manager

The panel is now up on the PAX East site: https://east.paxsite.com/en-us/sched...-Dungeons-LIVE

In other news, we are very close to announcing the time and venue for the meetup.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

We have an exciting update! The community meetup will be on Thursday, March 23rd at Lucky's Lounge, 355 Congress Street, Boston, MA 02210. Start time will be announced in the coming days, but something like 6 or 7 (we'll let you know shortly.) We will also have an RSVP available in the coming days so we can get a better sense of who can attend and what our numbers will be like.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

RSVPs are now available for our Thursday, March 23rd Community Meetup in Boston! If you plan to attend please RSVP quickly: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MKY3ZYT
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

From the time you RSVP, how long usually does it take to find out if you are on the list? Got to book a room if I made the list for the meetup. TY
    Sarlona. Main is Kymberly alts Offo, TwoTusk and some bank toons

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by bondhead66 View Post
    From the time you RSVP, how long usually does it take to find out if you are on the list? Got to book a room if I made the list for the meetup. TY
    If you RSVP'd today you are for sure in. If I end up getting so many RSVPs I need to cut things off I will let people know. I'll follow up closer to the event with an email through the contact for any information for guests.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

This is today! Have fun, everyone.
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This is today! Have fun, everyone.
    Can not watch something live that has ended LOL, Our clocks in Europe do not change until Sunday morning so we are -4 GMT atm NOT -5
    Ozzgood 51, 51, 27, 42, 115. Ozzbad 51, 51, 27, 42, 100. Ozzugly 45, 51, 27, 42, 145. EvilOzz 51, 51, 27, 42, 135. Ozzistheworst 39, 51, 16, 18, 75. Ozzthegreat 5, 5, 2, 0, 15. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial., Reaper Points,

I missed the session.

Will it be available on Twitch or YouTube at a later time/date?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    I missed the session.

Will it be available on Twitch or YouTube at a later time/date?
    Yes. For now it is available here, but eventually we'll try to get an archived version on our channels. I think some streamers/youtubers probably "ran tape" on it as well: (32) PAX East 2023 - Dungeons and Dragons Online: How Game Devs Build Dungeons - Twitch
    Join us on Twitch!

Yes. For now it is available here, but eventually we'll try to get an archived version on our channels. I think some streamers/youtubers probably "ran tape" on it as well: (32) PAX East 2023 - Dungeons and Dragons Online: How Game Devs Build Dungeons - Twitch
    Thanks, Cordo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Manager

Thank you to everyone who attended today's panel either virtually or in person, which was amazing! We had a wonderful time. Tonight's Community Meetup was a lot of fun, too, and thank you to everyone who stopped by.
    Join us on Twitch!

That was a cool stream, looking forward to seeing the video showing the dungeon being made. Were there any stealth announcements made at the tavern meetup; or just a good time to be had hanging out?

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    just a good time to be had hanging out?
    It couldn't have been that good, he's back on the forums at 11pm!

21. 03-26-2023, 08:59 PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast