Default ArchVillain Saga New Way to Experience DDO!

This is not Complete. This is fully explained in this podcast:

https://media.rss.com/ddodm/feed.xml

The ArchVillain Saga has been added. Free for VIPs.
    There are currently Two ArchVillain Sagas available.

ArchVillain Sagas have their own story that play out across Planes and take place inside previously released content quests.

ArchVillain Sagas begin by talking to new NPCs at most taverns, Saga Master. Saga Master will grant you the ArchVillain Buff.

The ArchVillain Buff allows the player to heal only when in a tavern marked area. Players will no longer auto regenerate health and mana.

The Saga Master bestows a letter to the player granting him the starting point quests. There are three random quests, and two ArchVillains the player may choose.

At the end of each ArchVillain Saga quest, a new clue is spawned near the quest exit pointing to the next set of quests.

Dying with the ArchVillain Buff will reset the player to level one.

ArchVillains appear and players boss fight against:

Cronies at quest lvls 1-5.
    Antagonists in quest levels 5-10

Henchmen quest levels 12-16
    Villains in quests levels 16-20

ArchRivals appear in quests level 20-24

ArchVillians appear in quests 30+

Rest Shrines heal for 15% limit one per quest.
    *Party Leaders may select a "Full Rest" from a new shrine menu. Doing so causes traps and enemies to respawn across the quest(no effect on quest objectives)

Resurrection Shrine limit one use per quest.

All Past Lives are activated and allowed

Guild Ship Buffs are allowed

No BTA/C gear. No Cannith no challenge items.

Traps that activate alert extra patrols of enemies.
    Traps do R1 damage.
    Traps Increase damage after they successfully damage a player, increase 10%

Traps and Doors have Elite difficulty DC scaling.

Mobs have Elite Difficulty Scaling. There are more patrolling groups of mobs.

At least one Champion Mob accompanies each group of mobs

Ambushes are more likely, especially for loud groups, and be cautious when opening doors or chests, not to be too noisy!

For every aggro'd mob not killed mobs increase there stats by 10%. Mobs will be grouped by champion and the group if aggro'd must be destroyed before moving on. Champions spawns double at 3 mobs and triple and 6.

Charmed monsters do not increase Revenge mechanic, charmed monsters have their stats reduced by 5%.

cool idea
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Default Conversation checks and interesting fight scenarios

I forgot to add this in the podcast and in the original post.

I imagine an arch villain Champion spawning. I imagine there would be different ways to detect this ArchVillain cohort.

I imagine once he is detected by the party he should not be killed but depending on the type he should be dipload bluffed or intimidated. As soon as the party to text this cohort they should make every effort to perform these skills on the court.

I imagine that one successfully rolled the cohort would sit out of combat and no longer be affected by spells or attacks. When combat ends the party could continue to speak with the cohort and potentially unlock other story lines or branches of the story or an early advancement to some XP reward.

If you guys have the time please listen to this podcast and check in here with your thoughts. I feel like I'm really putting myself vulnerable to the community and I know that it seems trivial but any type of engagement any kind word or helpful criticism or helpful addition I would greatly appreciate and humbly request.

I respect you did your players you are the staunchest of allies.

Forward the light brigade !charge the corporate pen! into the valley of death my friends!

Default You are too agreeable. Try using some Fangs and Venom.

The podcast was a little...it seemed a lot of ramble. I think it's better than m to idea, but honestly anything that is not a vertical stat bloat that scews the fun of Playing a dungeons and dragons character is awesome.

In other words as long as it means No More Reaper Development, I am for it.

Have you thought about add a once weekly never ending dungeon mode? You could fight waves of enemy getting a level for each floor you defeat, BUT you can't shrine and you can't restart. Once a week fun ????
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Default No longer need gear restrictions

I think it would be better to eliminate the use of Guild ships buffs while in this mode. You could then not have to restrict gear. I think at least for the heroic levels, the guild Ship buffs make the game too easy, later more character options make them nice too have, but not as game breaking as in those first 20 levels.
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Quote Originally Posted by EdsanDarkbane View Post
    I think it would be better to eliminate the use of Guild ships buffs while in this mode. You could then not have to restrict gear. I think at least for the heroic levels, the guild Ship buffs make the game too easy, later more character options make them nice too have, but not as game breaking as in those first 20 levels.
    Thank you my friend, I see what you mean. When I think of ship buffs I think of the AC bonus, the +2 to all abilities and with that the saves, and I think of the big thing to me which is the elemental resistances.