Thread: Speedrunning

Default Speedrunning

I know speedrunning is a very niche community in general, and even smaller in DDO. But figured I'd put this out there.

Due to an excess of Frozen Keys, I decided to speedrun the slide and the climb. These are my current bests (though I will note that they were not perfect runs, so faster is possible).

For the slide I made sure to get every randomly generated silver and gold coin, and hit all checkpoints / got all stars. For the Climb, all checkpoints, but no "Immortal Sun Flask" and I saved opening the chests for post-run.

Slide

Climb
    Last edited by vryxnr; 02-11-2023 at 06:04 PM.

On the slide, not focusing on coins but still getting all checkpoints, I got down to 56 seconds. weee!

for thr slide, I found that I went fast if I dumped featherfall. I figured with some kind of abundant step/Spring attack I could trim even more time.

Was there anything else you used?

Maybe use Shadowalk for an even faster movement speed?
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    for thr slide, I found that I went fast if I dumped featherfall. I figured with some kind of abundant step/Spring attack I could trim even more time.

Was there anything else you used?

Maybe use Shadowalk for an even faster movement speed?
    While no FF is faster in general, I kept FF on and held shift at strategic points to fall faster, that way I could reactivate FF by letting go, resulting in bouncing off walls to gain even greater momentum. That combined with Angelic Charge when you can't get the falling wall bounce speed. ...of course, being able to get to, talk to, and select the right dialogue option quickly also helps.

I didn't use shadow walk, though if you can cast it while in the air so the long casting time doesn't slow you down too much, it would also help. Having several wing boost abilities instead of only angelic charge would also speed things up even more.

I just realized I could shave off even more time if I ignore even more coins, by not waiting for the countdown at the beginning (coins don't spawn until that finished, but you can jump past the starting gate to get a head start. ...but that also means missing the first several coins, which is not the best.

Ignoring coins (getting them all post run) but hitting all checkpoints, and without actually rebuilding specifically to speedrun (so no shadowalk, no action boosts to speed), got a time of 54 seconds. Probably the best I'm going to do this year on the slide.

Last edited by vryxnr; 02-12-2023 at 11:53 AM.