Community Member

Default Epic Destiny Mantle Procs on Pet attacks

I have noticed that my Thorn Epic Destiny Mantle procs significant damage (e.g. 1350 at level 25 - sometimes twice if more than one modality procs on a hit) on my Skeletal Knight attacks. (It was reported in the log as me hitting the mob for the damage, but it occurred alongside the pet's normal (pathetic) hits several times when my pet was attacking, and I was not).

Does this apply to all (melee proccing) Mantles? And all pets? (Not that any pet other than Skeletal Knight has enough survivability to be worth keeping out)
    Last edited by Zarkarion; 02-10-2023 at 04:54 AM.

You must have taken "Shared mantle" lvl 23 primal avatar ability. It makes your primal avatar mantle procs to work on your pets and summons . Dogs and robot dogs, as the EDs summons kind of have same level of surivivalbility of your skeleton( if you're looking for options).
    Last edited by DaviMOC; 02-10-2023 at 05:31 AM.

It also works for hirelings. If you can keep them all alive it's not bad damage. The 5 sec cooldown is calculated for everyone independently.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaviMOC View Post
    You must have taken "Shared mantle" lvl 23 primal avatar ability. It makes your primal avatar mantle procs to work on your pets and summons . Dogs and robot dogs, as the EDs summons kind of have same level of surivivalbility of your skeleton( if you're looking for options).
    Doh, yes, I did take that. But I was mainly taking it for the 3 imbue dice, so did not really notice the other effect.

(Toggle+26 imbue dice with 32-point first life pure half-elf wizard inquisitive at level 23. EK 41, PM 6, Inq 32, AM 1. You need enough Dexterity to get Improved Precise Shot at level 21. I don't normally use IPS on most ranged builds since the nerf, but for this build, with no INT to hit, where the weapon damage is negligible anyway, and the vast majority of the damage comes from the imbue, there is really no down-side to using IPS).
    Last edited by Zarkarion; 02-10-2023 at 05:50 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diracorvus View Post
    It also works for hirelings. If you can keep them all alive it's not bad damage. The 5 sec cooldown is calculated for everyone independently.
    Even better. Though most hirelings aren't as robust as a Skeletal Knight.