Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Ghallanda has hit the Iceberg - abandon ship

For those of you on the fence, game play on Orien is like a zillion times smoother the Gland. Something is just broken on that server, that constant stutter-step hesitancy that Ghallanda has is not on Orien.

Just do it.

Posts like this should (almost?) be against the ToU.

Self-fulfilling prophecy of doom, designed to put fear into those who don't know.

Doesn't even matter if it's objectively "true" (if there is such a thing in these situations) - it's bad for the game, because if(!) people follow it would leave some minority of players behind. Always someone gets left behind.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Battlestar

Did we get the Galactica or Pegasus on opening night?

Saaarlooonaa ~ Best beaches in DDO : )

EDIT ~ You can always make your escape for free 1 more time before the deadline if Orien doesn't strike your fancy!

Saaarlooonaa ~ Kobold Union "We eat fresh rat every night!"
    Last edited by Livmo; 02-09-2023 at 12:45 AM.

I have to problem with recruitment strategies. The fewer servers right now the better. I am tired of screenshotting my LFM as the only LFM

Insert popcorn memes
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post

Self-fulfilling prophecy of doom, designed to put fear into those who don't know.

Doesn't even matter if it's objectively "true" (if there is such a thing in these situations) - it's bad for the game, because if(!) people follow it would leave some minority of players behind. Always someone gets left behind.
    Everyone I care about has already moved. I've nothing to gain posting this.

Community Member

There's no iceberg, just panic.

Cool OP Experience is not universal by far

Quote Originally Posted by Mamalian View Post
    For those of you on the fence, game play on Orien is like a zillion times smoother the Gland. Something is just broken on that server, that constant stutter-step hesitancy that Ghallanda has is not on Orien.

Just do it.
    Greetings! Leader of Between Hammer n' Anvil here. Sorry to hear you think this way but as someone who led a half dozen raids last night for my guild's weekly raid train, couldn't disagree with you more. Lag has greatly reduced as a couple dozen folks with no doubt hundreds of items and other server clutter have left our shores. As someone who's also run on the Hardcore server, a more congested server just doesn't track to me for "smoother gameplay."

That said, I wish you well!

And to all else who aren't feeding into this transfer drama but need a fresh feeling - Between Hammer n' Anvil is now recruiting stragglers and other poor lost soul endgamers. Find me on Hephaestas or Hephaestas-1 in-game, or if you're happy where you are but need consistent raids - join us every Wednesday 8:30PM EDT, we typically have a handful of spots.
    Streamer - Leader of Between Hammer n' Anvil - Ghallandian
    ~~~ The Great Forge Experiment ~~~
    Hephaestas • Haidies • Artemaes • Bladebarri
    «««- Visit Heph's Forge on twitch! -»»»

As of yesterday Sarlona and Orien were still ghost towns and Argo was busy as ever (about 5 groups active each vs over a dozen on Argo). I spent an hour running feathers on Sarlona with a korthos village lfm up and no takers.
    Last edited by spifflove; 02-09-2023 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spifflove View Post
    As of yesterday Sarlona and Orien were still ghost towns and Argo was busy as ever (about 5 groups active each vs over a dozen on Argo). I spent an hour running feathers on Sarlona with a korthos village lfm up and no takers.
    Orien had almost 500 people on last night.

I wasn’t aware that people LFMed Korthos anywhere other than Hardcore.
    Sohryu ~ Raven's Guard ~ Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Traps in DDO don't actually deal damage, they politely ask your avatar to damage themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirea View Post
    Orien had almost 500 people on last night.

I wasn’t aware that people LFMed Korthos anywhere other than Hardcore.
    500 mules?

I went to Sarlona dipped my toes in and the water was cold.
    Last edited by spifflove; 02-09-2023 at 09:40 AM.

if anyone should jump ship its the 21 players on wayfinder.

500 mules?

I went to Sarlona dipped my toes in and the water was cold.
    If your only metric for determining that a server is “dead” Is having to solo Korthos quests, then that seem a bit lacking.

Traps in DDO don't actually deal damage, they politely ask your avatar to damage themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirea View Post
    If your only metric for determining that a server is “dead” Is having to solo Korthos quests, then that seem a bit lacking.
    Tell you what I will be there again at 7 est you can make all the cracks you want at me as long as you open the difficulty I want.

Community Member

I'm gone for 5 minutes and gland dies?
    Last edited by Azztar; 02-19-2023 at 11:35 AM.
    Aztar Avo Jeetzs

Quote Originally Posted by Azztar View Post
    I'm gone for 5 minutes and gland dies?
    That was a loooooong 5 minutes. What’d you do, bring the dogs for a walk?

Default Tyrs Paladium STANDS PAT

Tyrs Paladium has made the decision to STAY PUT.

We are not going ANYWHERE. We committed to Ghallanda, we are staying with Ghallanda.

There is no abandoned ship.

*** If your guild is leaving but YOU REALLY wanted to stay...

TYRS PALADIUM WILL WELCOME YOU WITH OPEN ARMS.

Ghallanda is home.

Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 02-22-2023 at 11:50 AM.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Default Thread should be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post

Agreed C-Dog. Posts like this do more damage than the devs did. The talking in game isn't "the devs screwed up" as much as its "did you hear everyone's leaving?"

Well EVERYONE IS NOT LEAVING.

This thread should have been removed 12 days ago.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

The whole pitch of some of our main guilds on Ghallanda is "join us to avoid this terrible PUG scene".

I always loved the Ghallanda PUG scene, never spoke its name in vain once, but it kinda died three months ago for me.
    Last edited by Oliphant; 02-23-2023 at 11:04 AM.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Community Member

Tell you what I will be there again at 7 est you can make all the cracks you want at me as long as you open the difficulty I want.
    If you ever was on g-land. pls stay!

2015 DDO Players Council Daerius of the Blessed Blades's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    Well EVERYONE IS NOT LEAVING.
    True, everyone is not leaving. But it's also disingenuous to pretend that all is fine. Ghallanda has already lost 8.5% of its active player base (ddoaudit.com), and that's only going to increase assuming that player transfers are reinitiated and the time extended. Orien is consistently almost TWICE the population on Ghallanda, which is now the second lowest population server. Most of those leaving are the guilds leading high reapers, raids, and some very established players and guilds.

I don't think "Ghallanda has hit the Iceberg", but the passengers are still sailing away in lifeboats at a significant number. 91.5% (so far) are staying, and I wish them the best, but there is definitely a trend.
    Founder, The Circle of Night (Now on Orien!): Daerius (FvS), Khrandok (Alch/Arti), Branwynn (Brd), Vharcan (War), Alluriaan (Rog), et. al.

https://www.twitch.tv/daeriius

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast