Community Member

Default LF a first life druid caster build

I know there are a lot of post on caster druids on the forums a lot of them are showing multi of past lives which as a new player on first life I don't have as of yet. As well as some are showing go the dg route which is fine but even then their numbers are off on stats and relize that I am going to need a + 8 tome which is fine but still seems lost to me on older topics due to ot sure what is and not viable any more.

Community Member

First-life Human Druid 20

Abilities: 18 wisdom, max con, rest into Int (if any)
    Skills: Spellcraft, Concentration, Heal, whatever
    Feats: Maximize, Quicken, Empower, Heighten, ... can grab Augment Summoning for stronger wolf/hirelings
    Enhancements:
    * Seasons Herald: priority #1: pick up all the SLAs, hotbar them, apply all possible metamagic feats, cast them at enemies. Eventually go up to 41+ points in this tree.
    * Nature's Protector: 6 AP for second core (defensive stance) with the extra PRR/MRR at tier one. Later pick up some more defenses here.
    * Human: eventually pick up spell power boost and Wisdom, heal amp and Constitution if you want. Not a priority early on.
    Gear: non-metallic medium armor, non-metallic large shield if you prefer defense, or two caster sticks with spell power/spell lore, if you prefer offense. Wisdom gear, spellcasting gear, defensive gear, the usual basics.
    Wild Shape: stay in human form until you pick up one of the Elemental forms at level 13. Then use the elemental form that best matches your preferred spells.

Good luck.

Strategy:
    Set dog to aggressive (or not, depending on quest difficulty/how fast it goes down). Toss all the SLAs at various monsters. When SLAs are at cooldown, use spells without metamagic.
    At level 7, your first AoE comes (Flame Strike). (You do get Spike Growth at level 5 but that's not too good.) Flame Strike hits hard, but it will eat up your spell points fast, particularly if you employ some metamagic feats.
    Later, try gathering some mobs and mow them down with one or two expensive AoE nukes, then finish stragglers with single-target SLAs.
    Learn to manage your spell point bar, sometimes expensive nukes can finish a quest fast, sometimes cheap single-target SLAs work better. As you progress to higher levels, your AoE nukes improve and eventually outshine single-target plinking.
    Last edited by cru121; 02-07-2023 at 03:00 AM. Reason: strategy

Community Member

Thank you very much Cru