Community Member

Default 2nd life Assassin build?

Planning to run an Assassin to cap for the 2nd life. Will be 34 or 30 pt build depending on Drow or not. Fairly good gear available.

Dex - Con - Int with SWF? TWF? Not sure whether SWF is as good DPS for an Assassin as it is for other classes. Assassin + VKF as main focus? Would not take the first tier of Vistani Knife Training if TWF because I hear it slows you down.

Drow? Human? Tabaxi? No Iconics because I don't want to screw it up and get caught in a build I hate and have to take to 30. Only 1 racial AP and likely cannot afford to go deep in SDK tree also.

Quote Originally Posted by KoobTheProud View Post
    No Iconics because I don't want to screw it up and get caught in a build I hate and have to take to 30. Only 1 racial AP and likely cannot afford to go deep in SDK tree also.
    Quote Originally Posted by mixomatozis View Post
    Why Shadar Kai over Halfling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Shadow Jaunt, Displacement, Chains and Greater Chains. The loss of 1 SA dice from Halfling is worth it. The Shadar-kai revamp in U50 completely revitalized this race.
    The Goldcursed dagger is amazing CC when coupled with chains and greater chains.
    Actual Assassin builds use SDK heavily. So if you don't wanna go deep in SDK, you may be better go to other build choice than Assassin, possibly?
    English not my native language. What's your excuse?

Community Member

I decided to go Human to continue human racials.

I'll definitely go SDK in whatever the final build is but I think I need many more racial points to make that work. Also I suspect I'll just do the RTR at 20 instead of going into Epics with the build. Damage is just fine so far in Heroics but I know what happens at the Epic transition and I'm not going to die on that hill this life.

Quote Originally Posted by KoobTheProud View Post
    I decided to go Human to continue human racials.

I'll definitely go SDK in whatever the final build is but I think I need many more racial points to make that work. Also I suspect I'll just do the RTR at 20 instead of going into Epics with the build. Damage is just fine so far in Heroics but I know what happens at the Epic transition and I'm not going to die on that hill this life.
    I have been splashing Sacred Fist to get the whirlwind enhancement (getting it through feats is too limiting on the build). It isn't SDK chains but it works ok for some AOE damage.

Community Member

8 feats in Heroics and so far: TWF, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack (took for no reduction while moving but using the step attack also.) Thinking ITWF, Imp Crit: Pierce, GTWF, ??? - lots of choices at 18. Probably just soloing holding 18 at that point so Improved Feint and Whirlwind Attack would both be in the candidate list alongside Precision.