Community Member

Lightbulb Make Past Life Feats bankable

The Idea: Give the option when reincarnating to not apply the Past Life feat to the current character but get a BtA item that make sit possible to apply the feat to another character.

Why: I always find the end of Harcore seasons a little depressing. I never continue my HC characters on the normal servers, as I have characters there that I have been working on for years. It would be nice to be able to reincarnate those HC characters that got far enough and let the work put into them bennefit my long running non-HC characters.

If you get a character from 1-20 half a dozen times, it shouldn't make a difference if it was the same character each time, or a new one each time.

YOU still did the grind.

Past lives should be account-based.
    Those are not pebbles surrounding the urn filled with Human teeth. They are megaliths!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Antheal View Post
    If you get a character from 1-20 half a dozen times, it shouldn't make a difference if it was the same character each time, or a new one each time.

YOU still did the grind.

Past lives should be account-based.
    That would work too. I like it. I am afraid that would be more complicateed for SSG to implement, though.

The issue with this is that a first life character needs significantly less XP to reach level 20 than a one which has 3 or more lives already done.

Stoner81.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    The issue with this is that a first life character needs significantly less XP to reach level 20 than a one which has 3 or more lives already done.

Stoner81.
    Yes. But that is a seperate probelm they should adress. There really is no reason anymore for having later lifes require more XP. They do not on epics, why keep it on heroics?

Besides if you keep playng first lives to get fast past lives, you will not get to enjoy those past lives much.

What I would like to see is for the DDO store to sell Past lives.

No reincarnation, just +1 to past life of choice and + past life bonus.

No need for manual wasted Epic reincarnation followed by manual levelling heroic reincarnation or any other waste of time like clearing TR Cache.

If we wanted to be something different we would already have TR'd to complete that process.

Everytime SSG adds a new class or race, we end up TR'ing out of our preferred build to cycle past lives to get completionist and possibly triple up whatever newness life perks were added then TR back into the life we were in to get back to were we wanted to be in the first place...

Just give me the option to buy the past life and carry on playing the build I wanted to play.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Quote Originally Posted by herigor View Post
    Yes. But that is a seperate probelm they should adress. There really is no reason anymore for having later lifes require more XP. They do not on epics, why keep it on heroics?

Besides if you keep playng first lives to get fast past lives, you will not get to enjoy those past lives much.
    You have obviously forgotten that 1st life chars have 28/32 points, a 2nd life char has 34 and a 3rd life char has 36. Now I'm not saying those 2 points per life, plus the past life feats, are worth the increase in exp, but someone at SSG did/still does.

Community Member Paladin_of_Power's Avatar

And Reaper Points.

I have some past lives and reaper points from a Cleric alt I used to play a lot but no longer play, that I'd like to move to another alt that I play a few times a week.

Even make it a one time move thingy, as long as I can get some usage out of the grind I did on that **** Cleric.