Community Member

Default Druid and Tower shields question

Does any know if Druids can take tower shields if they take the following T5 enhancement in the nature protector tree?

Force of Nature: You gain [10/15/20]% resistance against Force damage and +[1/2/3] Constitution. Your attunement to Nature is emboldened - Your Druidic Oath is no longer broken by wearing metal armor or shields.

In the class description under normal circumstances, it allows shields if they are not metal but specifically says No tower shields so I am not sure if this will work.

you are not prificient and you have malus to attack.

Community Member

[QUOTE=Michele;6567335]you are not prificient and you have malus to attack.[/QUOTE

Ok. I don't mind that. (-2 attack and not get the PRR something like tat) It looks then that I will be able to shapeshift and cast druid spells then. Thanks for reply.

[QUOTE=joenic2;6567349]
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    you are not prificient and you have malus to attack.[/QUOTE

Ok. I don't mind that. (-2 attack and not get the PRR something like tat) It looks then that I will be able to shapeshift and cast druid spells then. Thanks for reply.
    if i'm not wrong you should get the +15 prr from tower shield even if you are not proficient (you should not get the armor PRR if you are not proficient in that armor).

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joenic2 View Post
    In the class description under normal circumstances, it allows shields if they are not metal but specifically says No tower shields so I am not sure if this will work.
    Druids aren't barred from using tower shields; they just don't start with tower shield proficiency, so they suffer non-proficiency penalties (i.e., Armor Check Penalty is applied to attack rolls). If you're a pure caster druid, though, this probably won't matter to you.

Druids are barred from using any metal armor and shields unless they take Force of Nature, but there are a few non-metal tower shields, e.g., Demonic Slab.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.