Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default U58 Preview 2 Quest - Kill Ten Rats

Use this thread to discuss feedback on the new U58 quest "Kill Ten Rats". This is a free quest and is meant for levels 18 Heroic / 34 Legendary. Speak with The Questgiver in the Test Dojo to be taken to Sharn and visit Frelda Brumlyn near the boat to Morgrave University.

Is that really the name of the quest? Is that tongue-in-cheek making fun of the first quest in most CRPGs?
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

I ran the quest on heroic elite. No problems. The quest seems to be missing from the Adventure Compendium, or I am blind.

Community Member

Im very confused why this is base level 18. Am I wrong to believe that if I were to play on elite at level 20 i wouldn't get Epic XP? I didn't think anyone played level 18 and. 19 quests for that reason. It also worries me thay the expansion will be level 18-19 and have the same problem.

I hope Im wrong, but it seems problematic. I would love to see this reset to level 16

Quote Originally Posted by jackatthekilns View Post
    Im very confused why this is base level 18. Am I wrong to believe that if I were to play on elite at level 20 i wouldn't get Epic XP? I didn't think anyone played level 18 and. 19 quests for that reason. It also worries me thay the expansion will be level 18-19 and have the same problem.

I hope Im wrong, but it seems problematic. I would love to see this reset to level 16
    Yeah, level 18 seems like a really bad choice, I rarely play any quest over level 16 during my lives. I more than likely will play them at cap for RXP.

Level 12-13 would be better. This is where I usually run low on XP when leveling, I never do Droam content because it sucks, so options here would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by jackatthekilns View Post

You'd get XP. There's not a hardlock on that stuff outside of hardcore.

I think the main problem is that while they made epic scaling uniform, they never bothered addressing the late heroics problem. This problem is that almost all of the level 16+ content is scaled so that mobs are much beefier than and often do more damage than mobs in level 20-23 quests. Late heroic bosses for example often have 2-3 times as much go as epic mobs up until level 24 epic elites for example. So not only are these quests in a level range people often don’t need xp at, but you have to work way harder for your xp and get way less than you would get for easier quests once you’re 20
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

Completed on Legendary R1 utilizing Hireling

Many of the Rats look like they belong on Ren and Stimpy, I am hoping the models aren't complete.

Is there dialogue Missing?

Lots of running, not enough mobs. As a guildie says it is a quests that uses distance to pretend to be difficulty.

Why are the levers for doors not standardized in location, are you thinking that making people look for a lever makes the quest harder?

Why are there doors that open to doors? I kept wondering if I missed something.

No reapers, lots of champions. Luck of the draw I know, but..

Hated the Cube at the end, as I was playing a melee. It was the only challenge in the quest, simply because I had to take damage to damage it, considering I didn't shrine during my zerg I got caught missing a clickie. No biggie.

In the end the quest didn't feel complete at all. It wasn't a fun quest to run, nor did it feel like a legendary quest.
    Last edited by GoldyGopher; 01-31-2023 at 05:03 PM.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Community Member

Default Not a fan

I like the idea of the boss, it's goofy and funny. But in practice you have a regular ddo rat just made really big, with terrible stretched textures, looks the models from a PS2 game. And then after having the lowest resolution and polygon count of any ddo model, it just has a way higher resolution brain slapped on it, and a remnant. For bugs, the quest, did not have any DM voice yet when I ran it.

Saw multiple spots where rubble was floating a few feet off the ground instead of being flush with it.

Struggling to understand the plot here... we just uncovered that vecna and his cult has infiltrated Morgrave University, so our response is to immediately move the most powerful artifact in Eberron to Morgrave University as well? Just doesn't make sense to me.

As for the cranium rats, I hope that isn't the final design for them because they just look weird as others have said... high-res brain slapped on a very low-res scaled up rat model. Just looks funky. Especially on the king rat you meet at the end.

Overall, I felt like the quest was pretty boring. Hoping the expansion isn't more stuff like this
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    You'd get XP. There's not a hardlock on that stuff outside of hardcore.
    What can’t be done is running on Reaper at 20

Community Member

Default Haven't run it

We can only play on weekends, so haven't run it, but I'd like to say something.

Thank you!
    I know we're not the only ones that are playing only heroics. We desperately need some 18-20 quests. Thanks for looking at these levels.

Ran the quest on heroic elite and it was okay. I like the addition of Cranium Rats (my fave Planescape critter) to the game but the graphics for them need work, please lose the neon pink tails and there should a LOT more of them for encounters. Cranium rats are not individually powerful, their power comes from being in big swarms as they have a hive mind, the more of them there are, the deadlier they get. Perhaps adapt the fly swarm mob to being a rat swarm and then scale that up would work better to represent them and have a few single rats alongside that. The end boss rat graphics need serious work.

The area behind the secret door felt empty. I mean there's a chest there and a short swim to get the key for it, but some critters of some sort should be there I feel.

I did like the goblin village area and nice touch on them being albino due to no sunlight.
    I stream DDO on my Twitch channel: twitch.tv/brakkart

Cannith: Brakkart Fellblade (Ranger) - Feiya (Ice Sorceress) - Iomedae Furyheart (Paladin) - Lirianne Alkenstar (Artificer) - Laori Vaus (Cleric) - Elmidgetster (Wizard) - Loot

Quote Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
    I never do Droam content because it sucks.
    I find this incredibly funny because everyone I talk to says the same thing, yet it is these quests they decided to epicfy later this year.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca the Elder
    Iryklaunavan, Karaskkesir, Desideratum, Gregorii, Jhasmyne, Vis
    Ubique eo, invenio me esse ducem hominium.

Ran the quest. I found it a little linear for my liking but acceptable. As a standalone quest with no set based gear it will be mostly a one and done for many so replay ability is not likely a concern. If you are going to chase something through the sewers it would be nice to have to use a tracking skill. Take some of that linear map and create more spoke and hub so people can follow the wrong path. A spot skill will help show the correct path.

My complaints are in the aesthetic of the quest:
    • As others have mentioned the rats are way too cartoony. The slapped on brains and remnant coin just look cheesy.
    • I dislike the story. Chase the king rat and kill a bunch of his minions is fine for the mechanics of the quest but at the end to have the rat be a nice guy who will just give back the codex? He doesn't care that we were slaughtering his tribe? The whole end seemed somewhere between Smurfy and unfiinished. The smurfy ending fits with the cartoony vibe of the king rat I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Baahb3 View Post
    I find this incredibly funny because everyone I talk to says the same thing, yet it is these quests they decided to epicfy later this year.
    I agree. But since I really dislike bumping the numbers on Heroic content and calling it epic or legendary anyways, this pack is not something that I care about.
    Last edited by ahpook; 02-01-2023 at 09:29 AM.

Default Sad about the level range

Quote Originally Posted by Baahb3 View Post
    I like the Droam content. So you can now say that you found at least one person.

It does feel unfinished to me, almost as jarring as if the Morgrave stuff was the end of the Vekna line of quests and then we never hear about him again, but other than that I do enjoy running them, but it would be nice to have more variety.

I am sad that we are getting more level 18 stuff and not more level 11-12 stuff, but I will play it at least once when it comes out.
    World - Khyber
    Main - Starcandra
    Guild - Baatezu INC

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    What can’t be done is running on Reaper at 20
    If the expansion is level 18, I hope there is time left for them to rethink this decision and lower the level to something that will actually be ran. When I level I stop at 18 and hold until 20. I run all quests on reaper 1 minimum, I can't run these on reaper so they will be skipped in favor of quests that can be.

There are 28 level 16, and 21 level 17. Plenty to level up to 20 when sitting at 18.

Level 13 with 14 quests is the least represented heroic level quests, this seems like a much better choice. Especially if you skip the Droam content like it appears many do (because it is bad).

Quote Originally Posted by neain2008 View Post
    I like the Droam content. So you can now say that you found at least one person.
    There aren't many that I can find, none of my guildies like them either and were wondering why this was chosen to add legendary to.

Community Member

Default +1 For Droam

Quote Originally Posted by neain2008 View Post

It does feel unfinished to me, almost as jarring as if the Morgrave stuff was the end of the Vekna line of quests and then we never hear about him again, but other than that I do enjoy running them, but it would be nice to have more variety.

I am sad that we are getting more level 18 stuff and not more level 11-12 stuff, but I will play it at least once when it comes out.
    You have 2 people now. I personally really like droam and am very excited to see it legendary!

As for the new quest, I never run lama so I can't give much feedback but from what people are saying here you are adding cranium rats so that makes me happy. Finally a rat mob I won't feel humiliated to die to...

I didn't see much of anything wrong with the quest in general other than the rats all saying the same thing.

Also Favor is not listed or registering in the Adventure Compendium.
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast