Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by merridyan View Post
    If the expansion is level 18, I hope there is time left for them to rethink this decision and lower the level to something that will actually be ran. When I level I stop at 18 and hold until 20. I run all quests on reaper 1 minimum, I can't run these on reaper so they will be skipped in favor of quests that can be.

There are 28 level 16, and 21 level 17. Plenty to level up to 20 when sitting at 18.

Level 13 with 14 quests is the least represented heroic level quests, this seems like a much better choice. Especially if you skip the Droam content like it appears many do (because it is bad).
    Seriously terrible? ok apart from the final quest the rest of the quests aren't terrible, I've always done that chain every iconic life solo or with 2-3 people and it's a very easy, fast and fun content I don't understand why it's terrible because the final fight is complicated because you have to press buttons on the ground and you have to have a trapper? wao...ho boy...haven't played in a long time but tastes have changed, BtW I agree on more choice of level 13-15 content, there's too much level 17-20 stuff counting that realistically an average person finishes the entire chain of sharn in heroic (Prt.1-2 and Cogs) finishes all that content that is already like at 18-19 practically at 20 ... it seems to me a waste of time in fact to put it at that level range.
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

Community Member

Heroic expansion content starting levels:

That only leaves around 13 and 18 to fill in the gaps. Putting this quest and the mini expansion at 18 is fine. They can then put the next full expansion at 13 and that will fit in nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Nandos View Post
    Heroic expansion content starting levels:

That only leaves around 13 and 18 to fill in the gaps. Putting this quest and the mini expansion at 18 is fine. They can then put the next full expansion at 13 and that will fit in nicely.
    The level 18 quests are just going go unused then, I know I will be ignoring them except for RxP at cap. I haven't done a heroic quest over 17 in probably the last 30 lives.

Default Spoilers

I enjoyed the quest. I liked the Croc in the sewer optional too. I still think the name of the quest is weird and nonsensical in context since you kill way more than 10 ...and because you end up helping them it thus makes the previous slaughter feel... unfortunate.

I just do NOT like the name of the quest.

Can I suggest some options from songs by Ratt? I mean you guys have a Music Title spinoff Quest Name theme throughout the game so its a possibility. Just going by song titles and not song content - Head I Win, Tails You Loose would seem fitting for cranium rats.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    As for the cranium rats, ...
    I don't remember, are they actually called Cranium Rats? Because they are not Cranium Rats. If SSG wants to call them that then this quest should play differently.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
    The level 18 quests are just going go unused then, I know I will be ignoring them except for RxP at cap. I haven't done a heroic quest over 17 in probably the last 30 lives.
    I totally agree. I very seldom (if ever) run a quest over level 16 anymore. So, if these quests are level 18, I may run them once and done, and never again. The only thing that would make me run them is some kind of uber loot :-)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    You'd get XP. There's not a hardlock on that stuff outside of hardcore.
    Are you saying that if I ran it on Elite with a level 19 character, I'd get Heroic XP, and if I ran it on elite with a level 20 character I'd get Epic XP?

o.0

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ereshkigal View Post
    Are you saying that if I ran it on Elite with a level 19 character, I'd get Heroic XP, and if I ran it on elite with a level 20 character I'd get Epic XP?

o.0
    That's the way it has always worked with epic levels/xp. The xp you get is based on what level your character is not what level the quest is.

You could actually run level 12 quests on elite with a level 20 character and still get xp (it would be at a -99% penalty so it wouldn't be very much, but you could do it.)

Reaper xp has the lockout between heroic and epic. Legendary xp (30+) has the lockout as well. (although you can still run the quest unlike reaper)

Community Member

o.0
    You'd earn the heroic xp while in epic. Heroic xp is very small compared to epic xp. 10k vs 50k
    Toon on cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackatthekilns View Post
    Am I wrong to believe that if I were to play on elite at level 20 i wouldn't get Epic XP?
    Why wouldn't you get XP?

o.0
    It will be very little xp. IMO if they want them to be "18" just make the quests level 20. Or make them 13. Level 13 is a really great place to put XPAC content because then we can iconic and hop in!
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    Old Sorc Build Guide, Ghallanda -> Orien

storage solution suggestion: Collection

omni-cosmetic system suggestion: Arbiter d'Phiarlan, the Weaver of Guises

Quote Originally Posted by Baahb3 View Post
    I find this incredibly funny because everyone I talk to says the same thing, yet it is these quests they decided to epicfy later this year.
    Huh. Exact opposite of my experience.

I mean, I'd still rather get a story conclusion than an epified version, but have to disagree that the droam quests aren't well liked. Clearly it depends on your running mates / culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12