Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default U58 Preview 2 Treasure

Use this thread to discuss feedback on new treasure coming with Update 58 "Unlikely Heroes" for the quest "Kill Ten Rats". The treasure list can be accessed by speaking with The Loot Guy in the Test Dojo. This thread is for feedback as of Preview 2.

First, are you guys ever going to fix Improved Deception? The version on the Legendary Discarded Wedding Ring is giving +21 to Hide, and not the +21 to Bluff that it's supposed to give. And, the heroic version is giving +17 Hide instead of the Bluff bonus it's supposed to give. We are getting a +5 Enhancement bonus to Bluff on both, but that's not what the description says that it's supposed to do.

Also, there's a "Quality Enchantment Focus +0" on the Long-Lost Charm.
    Last edited by QuantumFX; 01-31-2023 at 03:19 PM.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Community Member

Community Member

Is it intentional that the loot has two Discarded Wedding Rings, each with a different set of effects?

Took a look at the loot. No set bonuses. Nothing exceptional.

I hope someone else will find a use for it. Unfortunately, none of it looked even remotely interesting to me.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Took a look at the loot. No set bonuses.
    It's hard to compete with sets. Maybe if these were somewhat customizable using Sharn ingredients...

At this point a lack of set bonus makes any loot a challenge to be useful. I am sure that the mini-expansion that this is a prelude to will have a some sets so why not throw one of them on to this loot. It will make them more useful and act as a teaser/incentive for the mini-expansion when it comes out. 1 piece will not be enough to get the set bonus so it won't be giving away anything without buying the expansion. If you don't want to look ahead to the mini-expansion, how about using some Sharn set bonuses to make those more attractive as secondary sets?

Community Member

Default It's all bad

I was excited for the next free to play stuff. I pay for this game, a subscription and all the expansion. Whenever something free comes out though, the absolute worst loot I've ever seen is always thrown in the chests. It's mismatched, and nearly worthless if you have any access to even one set bonus. The crappy gear out this quest should atleast get a set bonus for when you wear it all. The only salvageable item from here is the piece with the insightful con. Also the quest could do with a weapon drop or maybe an augment textured like a remnant with some fun effect.

Have posted snapshots here.
    Orien: Level 400 Cannith Crafter
    (*) - Crafter Advert for Orien
    Guild Leader, Old Curiosity Shop
    "The 'forever' rogue"

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Is it intentional that the loot has two Discarded Wedding Rings, each with a different set of effects?

my guess would be...yeah, for sure since you need two people and two rings for a wedding

also i think the enchantments on em tell us...uhm....something....
    storage solution suggestion: Collection

omni-cosmetic system suggestion: Arbiter d'Phiarlan, the Weaver of Guises

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zavina View Post
    Have posted snapshots here.
    i love you take the time to do this every update thank you z
    The Leader of The Original Brotherhood

The game becomes fun once you stop caring how long it take to lvl

Quote Originally Posted by songswrath View Post
    i love you take the time to do this every update thank you z
    was about to write the same, seconded!!!
    storage solution suggestion: Collection

omni-cosmetic system suggestion: Arbiter d'Phiarlan, the Weaver of Guises

My gear is locked in at 15 and doesn't change until 21 when I switch to epic gearing to go to 32.

None of this equipment matters at all. I don't have the storage space to even try keeping it.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Community Member

A L31 item with a guard effect that has a DC28 check to negate...

Seriously? Like guard effects are already really pointless since you never want to be hit....but then a guard effect that's going to be only-on-1 seems like insult to injury...

looking at the cloak looks like it would work well with my rogue ranger with both reflex at level and a bump up to dodge but more than likely will break the other stuff I'm using for it. and cause a major recrafting headache. Yes an at level protection from magic missiles (shield) its nice I find some level 10 wands in the ah lately even found a level 5 wand .
    Last edited by archest; 02-01-2023 at 07:57 AM.

The sewer waders really need a longstrider clicky, considering the new effect that spell grants of not being slowed by shallow water.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    It's hard to compete with sets. Maybe if these were somewhat customizable using Sharn ingredients...
    Doesn't need to compete with sets, just needs to be useful or interesting or at least at level comparable.

Unfortunately what I see so far these things are just bad.
    For instance...

Hopefully this is just some placeholder bs and not the real attributes.

Level 18
    Quality enchantment focus +0.. must be broken.. +0 items were all supposed to be fixed to never appear again... I would expect this to be +2..
    ~Quality spell focus mastery+1 which covers all spell schools is available on level 8-16 items.
    Single school quality focus items are [expletive] when the all school focus is available at lower levels.. come on Devs.. fix single school focus to be better when focussed vs all school bonus.
    ~several Good luck+2 items are available levels 6-18.. come on dev's.. make this a different bonus type to be at least interesting.
    ~Disease Guard... a chance to proc when being hit with a DC 20 fort save wt[expletive] .. worthless.. Dev's do better. should be 'no save'.

The 'Legend-ary' version
    Quality enchantment +1.. must be wrong... waiting for the patch to fix. This is the range for Spell focus mastery+2 (all schools) so individual school focus should be +3.
    Spell Pen +9 - meh. at least its level appropriate.
    Good Luck +5 - meh... at least its level appropriate.
    Greater Disease Guard= greater disappointment DC 28 .. at level 31... umm.. smh... I can't even....

ugh... I need some proof against bs...
    ..cant even go on to critique the rest...
    Last edited by JOTMON; 02-01-2023 at 08:08 AM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Default Bugs/Errors/Typos:

1) Long-Lost Charm should have Quality Evocation Focus +1 instead of Quality Evocation Focus +0.

2) Legendary Long-Lost Charm should have Quality Evocation +2 instead of Quality Evocation +1. (NOTE: you guys messed up in the past, and have been giving items starting at ML28 Quality Spell Focus Mastery +2, but you never actually use Quality <school> +2; there's a ton of ML28+ items that should have Quality <school> +2 instead of Quality <school> +1.)

3) Long-Lost Charm should have Greater Disease Guard instead of Disease Guard, a) because DC 20 is too low for a ML18 item, and b) because Epic Infested Armor which is only 2 levels higher has Greater Disease Guard and not Disease Guard, so there's precedent for it.

4) Legendary Long-Lost Charm should have Greater Disease Guard replaced by something relevant. DC 28 at ML 31 means the effect might as well not exist on the item. Same thing goes for Legendary Infested Armor (same issue, ML30 item with Greater Disease Guard; same treatment for both items).

5) Typo in both H/L boots: "its depths" should be "their depths".

Finally, I don't usually call items "bad", but the boots are pretty bad. They remind me of this, and nobody wants to remember that.

Default I don't usually give commentary on item EFFECTS but here goes...

Discarded Wedding Rings, could they be renamed Cherished Wedding Ring and Neglected Wedding Ring? To differentiate them.

Ergo Neglected Wedding Ring (with the sneaky theme)

This^ is a pretty decent item, if Deception did indeed give a bonus to bluff and not hide. Please fix.

Then

could be Cherished Wedding Ring (which fits the lore description)... and the only change I would prefer is False Life to Insightful False Life because regular False Life is so ubiquitous on armor and easily had from augments if not wearing a set armor.

Long Lost Charm, please fix the Quality +0 bonus at level 18, I would prefer the Disease Guard removed entirely but if it must be kept for item theme then please change the level 18 item to the Greater Disease Guard and give the Legendary item something with a semi-useful DC because Fort versus DC28 at level 31 is ludicrous as you well know. If you remove the Disease Guard entirely (please) perhaps something like Insightful Spell Resistance or Spell Saves, or even Shield (the AC + Prot from Magic Missiles effect) would be an interesting option that still fits an item a socialite might want to possess.

Rust Laden Pendant, I would prefer changing Will to Fortitude or better yet Resistance to indicate how tough the item was that it resisted rusting completely.

Ruined Glory, changing Reflex to Quality Reflex might make this item more desirable. Is that dingy dark red appearance the final cosmetic appearance of the item? It doesn't match the lore text.

Warded Sewer Waders, okay hear me out, except for the Quality Fortitude these boots are boring. I would remove the Proof vs. Poison effect and replace it with the same once per 10 minute Jet Propulsion effect as on the same level Cannith Boots of Propulsion because anyone working in the sewer is absolutely going to NEED to leap past some ick every now and then. Exclusive of course, possibly even exclusive with the cannith boots if that's possible. This would make them interesting. Failing that if its just not possible perhaps replace Proof vs. Poison with the jump skill or a jump clicky.

Finally, is this a Morgrave University Quest? If so would it be possible for someone to throw a cosmetic that is similar to the Morgrave University Robe into it somewhere. Specifically, I've been trying for nearly a decade to get a certain random gen robe with a certain random gen collar of a matching color and you guys just happened to use that specific robe for the Morgrave University uniform(?).

Anyways, please make this available in some way either as a cosmetic in the quest or via Morgrave favor or even the store. It would be deeply appreciated as the variables of being lucky through random generation has not worked out in my favor over the past nearly 10 years.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Hey! Thanks for the feedback so far.

The intent of these items is not for them to be meta-defining, especially if you are already well-geared from Expansion Packs. That said, they shouldn't be bad items when looked at in a vacuum. So! We'll definitely be making some adjustments and fixes. +0/+1 Quality stats and Greater Disease Guard are the obvious first ones to tackle, but we'll be digging through all the rest of the feedback here, making changes, and hopefully have them in a better place next preview. Keep feedback coming if you haven't posted yet!

Thanks!
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast