Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thumbs up They're alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Hey! Thanks for the feedback so far.

The intent of these items is not for them to be meta-defining, especially if you are already well-geared from Expansion Packs. That said, they shouldn't be bad items when looked at in a vacuum. So! We'll definitely be making some adjustments and fixes. +0/+1 Quality stats and Greater Disease Guard are the obvious first ones to tackle, but we'll be digging through all the rest of the feedback here, making changes, and hopefully have them in a better place next preview. Keep feedback coming if you haven't posted yet!

Thanks!
    If this post was running for president I would vote for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Hey! Thanks for the feedback so far.

The intent of these items is not for them to be meta-defining, especially if you are already well-geared from Expansion Packs. That said, they shouldn't be bad items when looked at in a vacuum. So! We'll definitely be making some adjustments and fixes. +0/+1 Quality stats and Greater Disease Guard are the obvious first ones to tackle, but we'll be digging through all the rest of the feedback here, making changes, and hopefully have them in a better place next preview. Keep feedback coming if you haven't posted yet!

Thanks!
    Thank you. It is nice to actually see a Dev reply - and to know that improvements will be considered.

For me, none of these items come close to being useful so I will refrain from suggeting to fully change an item to make it so. Maybe next update.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Community Member

Echo'ing the Quality bonus for single casting schools being too low for level. Quality spell focus mastery +1 appears on 2 ML8 items, 1 ML14 item, 3 ML15 items, and 1 ML16 item. An ML18 item should that has a single school quality spell focus should easily be a +2 bonus.

For legendary versions, disregarding raid loot and artifacts (since they are supposed to be several loot levels higher than their ML), Quality spell focus mastery +2 appears on 3 ML28 items, 3 ML29 items (10 if including artifacts), and 1 ML31 item. A ML31 item with a single school quality spell focus should easily be a +3 bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Talnar00 View Post
    Echo'ing the Quality bonus for single casting schools being too low for level. Quality spell focus mastery +1 appears on 2 ML8 items, 1 ML14 item, 3 ML15 items, and 1 ML16 item. An ML18 item should that has a single school quality spell focus should easily be a +2 bonus.

For legendary versions, disregarding raid loot and artifacts (since they are supposed to be several loot levels higher than their ML), Quality spell focus mastery +2 appears on 3 ML28 items, 3 ML29 items (10 if including artifacts), and 1 ML31 item. A ML31 item with a single school quality spell focus should easily be a +3 bonus.
    Quality is supposed to half of Insightful. If we were to make Quality Evocation +3 for example at ML 30, that would make it equal to Insightful Evocation at that level. So unfortunately I think that Quality Spell Focus Mastery is bound to be equal to Quality single school, which is honestly OK as far as I'm concerned. But that still leaves on the table the fact that they erroneously have been giving ML28+ items Quality <school> +1 instead of Quality <school> +2.

Edit: I just realised that right now, Insightful Spell Focus Mastery and Quality Spell Focus Mastery in late epics are in fact equal in value, which renders the "Quality is supposed to be half of Insightful" point moot. So all 3 solutions are viable I guess:

a) increase Quality <school> accross the board so that it's +2 at around ML 20 and +3 at around ML 28 (which has the side effect of making Quality have the same values as Insightful at certain ML's).

b) decrease Quality Spell Focus Mastery from +2 to +1 at all levels, while increasing Quality <school> from +1 to +2 starting at ML 28 (so that it matters if it's Quality Mastery VS Quality single school).

c) just increase Quality <school> from +1 to +2 starting at ML 28 (with the side effect of Quality Mastery being always equal to Quality single school).
    Last edited by Firebreed; 02-01-2023 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post

I agree don't like the false life on this, and I don't think alluring skills fits well with this as it is discarded ring.. Maybe something like this:

Devotion +149
    Heal +21
    Evil Absorption 22% or Fortification 142%
    LifeForce +44
    Green Augment
    White Augment
    Last edited by Cashiry; 02-01-2023 at 02:35 PM.
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery

Quote Originally Posted by Cashiry View Post
    I agree don't like the false life on this, and I don't think alluring skills fits well with this as it is discarded ring.. Maybe something like this:

Devotion +149
    Heal +21
    Evil Absorption 22% or Fortification 142%
    LifeForce +44
    Green Augment
    White Augment
    Hmm I see where you are going with it and it would undoubtedly be a more powerful/useful item with those effects but I think the Alluring Skills fits the theme of the item as a belonging of an unappreciated or possibly victimized spouse. Someone that is being lied to (represented by the bluff and deception of the other spouse's ring) would need those skills. Evil Absorption also sort of makes sense but only if they knew their spouse to be evil or the one giving the ring knew there would be evil from which they needed protection.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Default Item name changes

His Discarded Wedding Ring
    Her Discarded Wedding Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    His Discarded Wedding Ring
    Her Discarded Wedding Ring
    I chose
    Neglected Wedding Ring
    Cherished Wedding Ring
    because it fit the lore without presupposing the genders of which spouse is deceptive or heartbroken.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Default Agreed

I chose
    Neglected Wedding Ring
    Cherished Wedding Ring
    because it fit the lore without presupposing the genders of which spouse is deceptive or heartbroken.
    Much better way of putting it.

Community Member

i don''t suppose you could manage to introduce +6 insightful ability augments with this update?
    Server: Sarlona. Characters: Rackoribs Barbequed, Brautwurst Flamegrilled, Porkloin Flameseared

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Can we get a...

Can we please get a Fresh Rat Tonight heal consumable as well?

And can it be stronger than ham/ham oil? Plus stack to 100 instead of 50?

Please and thanks

Of course it would also be great to get a bottle of Dirty Kobold as a DDoor clickie. That way I can skip the Shadowdancer Tree for something else. Please and thanks

Community Member

A simple option for making these items more relevant:

Combine the items from this quest with Grip of the Hidden Hand loot. Give them all the "Nearly Finished - Morgrave-style" enchantment. The upgrade makes the items part of new Morgrave sets. These sets would need only two items and grant Artifact stat and Imbue dice. Simple, flexible, no new ingredients, potentially relevant.

Or I guess, wait a release and make these part of the inevitable upcoming Vecna Unleashed crafting/upgrade system.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    It's hard to compete with sets. Maybe if these were somewhat customizable using Sharn ingredients...
    they are with the set-bonus augments I think the DEVs are aiming for the grind on making those......

come on dudes, let's be real, how can we expect that loot from a stand-alone free quest, not even an adventure pack that can have one or two interesting pieces, can be on par with an actual endgame expansion.

to be real we should expect something thematic with the quest and a bit of humour, loot that can help undergeared chars, not comparable to paid content loot for sure, just being realistic here. imho it's pretty obvious that for that we have to wait for the mini-expansion.
    storage solution suggestion: Collection

omni-cosmetic system suggestion: Arbiter d'Phiarlan, the Weaver of Guises

Treasure Hunter

Thumbs up DDoor Clickie

Quote Originally Posted by Valerianus View Post
    come on dudes, let's be real, how can we expect that loot from a stand-alone free quest, not even an adventure pack that can have one or two interesting pieces, can be on par with an actual endgame expansion.

to be real we should expect something thematic with the quest and a bit of humour, loot that can help undergeared chars, not comparable to paid content loot for sure, just being realistic here. imho it's pretty obvious that for that we have to wait for the mini-expansion.
    Good call, probably best to save that card for a mini expansion to get sales.

I bet folks would pay for pack and run the ransack out of it for a chance to get a golden DDoor clickie

Also if you want something in life, it's best to put it out there. More feats per class in a future update please and thanks DDO:

To make my ultimate builds I need a DDoor clickie and 1 to 2 more feats fir variety. No pressure DDO, take your time and fold in when you can

Treasure Hunter

Default Green Slot

Heyas and thank you for the opportunity to post feedback!

I suggest changing the blue augment slot on the level 18 Discarded Wedding Ring to green.

Please and thanks.

I'd like to get more out of a Golden Guile pairing and want the option to perhaps slot a yellow topaz of some resistance into the ring

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xharath View Post
    they are with the set-bonus augments I think the DEVs are aiming for the grind on making those......
    If set augs werent raid-locked items then I think that design philosophy would make more sense and non-set items would be more useful as platforms to set-ify

I chose
    Neglected Wedding Ring
    Cherished Wedding Ring
    Or keep one Discarded, making the pair Neglected & Discarded, since it's no longer very cherished.
    Ghallanda: Tervail (solo player)

Community Member

Rather than intentionally sabotaging the items to make them worthless can you just have the items randomly generate 3 properties, a random augment slot, and then a fourth property or second augment slot? That way there is at least a lottery chance in heroics to be as good as Cannith crafting 3 chosen affixes and augmenting 2 chosen augments to get 5 effects you can use.

Then have epics drop heroic items and SXP. Have no epic items at all.

Named items should at least have a lottery chance of being as good as a Cannith crafted item. Otherwise they shouldn't exist.

Both ways protect paid $ expansion drops, but this way maybe a few people randomly get a few pieces of useful heroic gear that saves them some crafting.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 02-06-2023 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Use this thread to discuss feedback on new treasure coming with Update 58 "Unlikely Heroes" for the quest "Kill Ten Rats". The treasure list can be accessed by speaking with The Loot Guy in the Test Dojo. This thread is for feedback as of Preview 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavina View Post
    Have posted snapshots here.
    Thanks Zavina. Sorry that you had to do that.
    Those are not pebbles surrounding the urn filled with Human teeth. They are megaliths!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast