Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Plantman81 View Post
    I respectfully disagree with your last statement. Of course, each player must evaluate their personal pros and cons regarding transfer. You mention the offset of loss by transfering goodies from all the other servers. I propose this: Create a character on each server. Get the account goodies your account has opened from past purchases (e.g. from expansion packs). Do a free transfer to either Sarlona or Orien. Consolidate the goodies just as you proposed. THEN put all of those goodies on one character on the new server. Pay the 2495 point cost for a character Xfer back to your original server. Basically, one does everything you proposed above, but for 2495 points you get to keep ALL of your current home server benefits. Which is the better value? I know what it is for me.
    That is obviously a matter of individual perspective, I agree. So it is someone each and every person has to evaluate for themselves.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Crafting and Raid Ready

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Good point - need to do some crafting on home server and send a care package to Sarlona/Orien!
    I did a bunch of crafting on Sarlona Livmo on duel augment slot items. Then slotted them with my favorite mixes. I'm also sending Orien Livmo some Sentient Weapons, since I'm Sentient poor there.

Today I'm loading up a raid toon over on G-Land to send to Orien from an alt account for instant raiding. Plus some mats and plat. For a short time I will use that toon as a quest opener, since Orien Livmo still on 1st life.

Yes! finally I can send my things over to orien, this is going to take a lot of work.

Treasure Hunter

Default Trade Wars

Quote Originally Posted by LordDunmore View Post
    Fidonet BBS Here
    Any of you running an active version of Trade Wars I can get in on?

Treasure Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Sven_Hoek View Post
    1) Is the FREE option just ONE transfer? Even though the title is Free TransferS to the 2 worlds, the next line says: Read more about A free character transfer window to Orien and Sarlona beginning February 8th. (A character transfer), so is that only one free one?

2) If I have no character slots left open on Orien, will I be able to move additional characters to that server? or do I need to delete toons on the Orien/Salorna server.

3) I have characters on Salorna that I want to move to Orien, will the free transfer allow that option, or is it only the other servers that can transfer to either Orien/Salorna?

That's all

Thanks in advance.
    1. I plan on moving multiple toons to and fro.
    2. You need open slots.
    3. I'm moving a toon from Sarlona to Orien.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sven_Hoek View Post
    1) Is the FREE option just ONE transfer? Even though the title is Free TransferS to the 2 worlds, the next line says: Read more about A free character transfer window to Orien and Sarlona beginning February 8th. (A character transfer), so is that only one free one?

2) If I have no character slots left open on Orien, will I be able to move additional characters to that server? or do I need to delete toons on the Orien/Salorna server.

3) I have characters on Salorna that I want to move to Orien, will the free transfer allow that option, or is it only the other servers that can transfer to either Orien/Salorna?

That's all

Thanks in advance.
    1) Transfers are free, not just a single one.
    2) You don't need open slots. HOWEVER, if you transfer excess toons, you will be asked at the character selection screen to select the toons you want to play with (up to the number of slots you legitimately have) - the ones you don't select will be unavailable until you make room. This will allow you to transfer a mule, select it as one of the toons you want to use, remove the stuff you've brought over, and then delete it.
    3) Should be OK.
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

I am not sure if I would laugh, cry or simply shake my head tomorrow if SSG turned on free transfers everywhere for 2 weeks.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    I am not sure if I would laugh, cry or simply shake my head tomorrow if SSG turned on free transfers everywhere for 2 weeks.
    They could make it a VIP feature.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Quote Originally Posted by donblas View Post
    1) Transfers are free, not just a single one.
    2) You don't need open slots. HOWEVER, if you transfer excess toons, you will be asked at the character selection screen to select the toons you want to play with (up to the number of slots you legitimately have) - the ones you don't select will be unavailable until you make room. This will allow you to transfer a mule, select it as one of the toons you want to use, remove the stuff you've brought over, and then delete it.
    3) Should be OK.
    Thanks!

I have toons on every server. Had them there for so many years to switch up and try other servers and see how the masses were out there. I will tell you, if you are thinking about running to another server to get away from elitists, good luck! They are on all servers. If you're looking to get away from the so called drama on your server, guess what, its everywhere. I laugh when someone in a guild says he doesn't like drama but they stay in a guild that looses members all the time as evident by the guild level dropping and raising all the time. THAT'S DRAMA folks.
    I will be flooding these 2 servers with probably 100 toons each, wont that be fun! Gland alone I am at 52 slots of 54( 2 over the limit due to transfers from HCL.) Its time for all of you to cry wolf. Or just cry, that's OK with me too.
    When you ignore any type of leadership, you yourself are not fit to lead.

11. 02-08-2023, 10:18 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Transfers
    I transferred 1 character, and while on another alt to make room, I get this.

I duly go to the email, and there is nothing there. Nada, zip, zero.
    Orien: Level 400 Cannith Crafter
    (*) - Crafter Advert for Orien
    Guild Leader, Old Curiosity Shop
    "The 'forever' rogue"

Quote Originally Posted by Zavina View Post

don't worry, until the transfer is complete, you may get some ban message. but you are not banned.
    storage solution suggestion: Collection

omni-cosmetic system suggestion: Arbiter d'Phiarlan, the Weaver of Guises

Quote Originally Posted by Zavina View Post

I believe you cannot be active on your account when a transfer is in process.

With so many people using the service, if you transferred a character, and that character is in a long queue, then you would have to wait till the transfer is complete or suffer the message you received.

Of course I'm guessing, but I'll stand by my guess in the mean time.
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

Quote Originally Posted by Valerianus View Post
    don't worry, until the transfer is complete, you may get some ban message. but you are not banned.
    That's the thing. I always wait for the transfer email to come through. Got the email, then duly logged in (and the character was actually from HC S6).
    Orien: Level 400 Cannith Crafter
    (*) - Crafter Advert for Orien
    Guild Leader, Old Curiosity Shop
    "The 'forever' rogue"

Community Member Luthor_Darkhammer's Avatar

Default No Worlds

Yeah, I can't transfer. When I click on it, it shows no worlds listed, yet I have toons on every server lol. What a surprise it's broken

Community Member

Default transfer wait time

So I did a transfer from Argo to Orien and I am still waiting on the transfer Email. I've transferred in the past and never waited this long usually 20 - 30 min tops. Also when you go to the transfer screen to do transfers now its completely blank. Anyone else getting this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mordek View Post
    So I did a transfer from Argo to Orien and I am still waiting on the transfer Email. I've transferred in the past and never waited this long usually 20 - 30 min tops. Also when you go to the transfer screen to do transfers now its completely blank. Anyone else getting this?

See my comment above. You're not alone

Community Member

Your Worlds:

Same here, I successfully moved 2 characters and then this!

Killed the client and rebooted computer even. no dice! been sitting like this for at least a half hour!

UPDATE: Its working again! like 30 seconds after i sent this
    Last edited by EShadowbringer; 02-08-2023 at 01:26 PM.

I got the confirmation email and now it says I'm banned lol

Community Member

There are 20 Days to transfer. I would wait some time before jumping.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast