Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zavina View Post
    Link to where it says that for the official point of view, or quit with the unfounded rumour mongering.
    Several entries in my MM became disabled after I transferred. Sorry for warning you. People are so cruel ...

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Most Excellent!

Sarlona is my main. However I plan to load up a toon and take it over to Orien to buff my Livmo there. All the good stuffs; augments, crafting mats, plat, weapons, armor/equipment, tomes, and good times!

I like Sarlona the best, but I've had oodles of good times on Orien. Livmo Orien not as well off as Sarlona Livmo (playing barbarian right now). I really just want to flag and raid. The xfer will provide a boost to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    However I plan to load up a toon and take it over to Orien to buff my Livmo there. All the good stuffs...
    Good point - need to do some crafting on home server and send a care package to Sarlona/Orien!

Treasure Hunter

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Good point - need to do some crafting on home server and send a care package to Sarlona/Orien!
    Since I'm taking a toon from Sarlona to Orien to multiserver, I will now have a Sarlorien!

Drat, I wish I would have named the toon Sarlorien. Name is probably up for grabs on both servers.

EDIT ~ I've already loaded up the toon and it took 4-ever to split stacks and stacks and stacks...and I don't want to spend points on a name change : ) )
    Last edited by Livmo; 02-02-2023 at 08:24 PM.

Please send me a list of all the characters you are transferring and where they are transferring from, so I can make new toons on those servers with the cool names you took many years ago.
    Last edited by The_Apocalypse; 02-03-2023 at 11:19 PM.
    "The body is but a vessel for the soul;
    A puppet which bends to the soul's tyrrany.
    And lo, the body is not eternal,
    For it must feed on the flesh of others,
    Lest it return to the dust whence it came.
    Therefore must the soul
    Deceive, Despise, and Murder men..."

--A.J.Durai

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deltoideus View Post
    People say its a free option. It is but it also isn't. I don't wanne leave my server but don't wanne risk playing on a unpopulated server. (which I think is bound to happend, everyday u here more and more guilds are gonna leave). So I feel SSG leave me no choice, eat sh*t or die? Goodbye to my 2k shards, sucks. I will never buy shards from store again. Goodbye to guild amneties. Goodbye to casual players, Guildies and friends not active at the moment. Such a bad decision from SSG. Make the transfers but make em in a controlled manner. I'm no developer but how much resources needs to be used for making a real merge made by devs? This sounds like just a way to save money. Shareholders > players. I'm ****ed.
    Spend the shards on the shard AH before leaving. You'd be surprised what is put up for sale there.

Community Member

I want the devs to understand the extent of people leaving. This is not about having some hc chars being moved or not. This is about having contacts, guildes, friends being ripped (apart from sarlona/orien servers) . Got a guilde recently parent and have been inactive for some time. When he comes back server are gonna be. Empty ...?! U think he will continue playing?
    As I have been able to gather we have 10 confirmed active guilds moving from ghallanda to orien. The rest are waiting, but ready to hit the move button prior end date. The dominoes are falling on ghallanda... Gonna be a ghost town afterwards.

There might be solutions:
    Stop the free transfers
    Limit the transfers to one char
    Open the transfers to be free for two years
    Open transfers to all servers
    Pls Make a way for people to buy ddo points for shards (for a limited amount of time)
    Get ur **** togheter and make a real merge, shards, guild...
    Make accounts only from orien/sarlona have free transfers.

I have the right to be disappointed. I've been spending lotsa money and TIME playing this game, I love it but I don't think devs understands the extent, and consequences of the transfers.

Treasure Hunter

I want the devs to understand the extent of people leaving. This is not about having some hc chars being moved or not. This is about having contacts, guildes, friends being ripped (apart from sarlona/orien servers) . Got a guilde recently parent and have been inactive for some time. When he comes back server are gonna be. Empty ...?! U think he will continue playing?
    As I have been able to gather we have 10 confirmed active guilds moving from ghallanda to orien. The rest are waiting, but ready to hit the move button prior end date. The dominoes are falling on ghallanda... Gonna be a ghost town afterwards.

Stop the free transfers
    Limit the transfers to one char
    Open the transfers to be free for two years
    Open transfers to all servers
    Pls Make a way for people to buy ddo points for shards (for a limited amount of time)
    Get ur **** togheter and make a real merge, shards, guild...
    Make accounts only from orien/sarlona have free transfers.

I have the right to be disappointed. I've been spending lotsa money and TIME playing this game, I love it but I don't think devs understands the extent, and consequences of the transfers.
    The glass may be half full for more people, than the displeased. I'm sure this is not a 1 time only event.

Folks complain about dead servers and this in an opportunity for allot of people to move to a more active server.

Community Member

Stop the free transfers - People have characters from the last HC season on other servers and we instructed to do that.
    Limit the transfers to one char - People have multiple HC characters from last season on other servers.
    Open the transfers to be free for two years - No reason at all to do this
    Open transfers to all servers - Transfers from HC to other servers did not have an issue
    Pls Make a way for people to buy ddo points for shards (for a limited amount of time) - No idea what you mean with this statement
    Get ur **** togheter and make a real merge, shards, guild... - There is not intent to merge servers, that was never the reason for the transfers
    Make accounts only from orien/sarlona have free transfers. - This is for players to move character, from HC season 6, to those servers, not from them.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

I'm sure this is not a 1 time only event.
    What do you base this on? I've seen nothing so far to suggest it isn't.

Folks complain about dead servers and this in an opportunity for allot of people to move to a more active server.
    And for those left behind to have even mode dead servers.

If they want to merge servers, then merge servers properly. I'm all for that. This way bolsters up two servers on expense of the rest. I do not think that is a good idea, nor is it fair.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post

And for those left behind to have even mode dead servers.
    So don't be left behind.

You are choosing to stay on a dead server.

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Mamalian View Post
    So don't be left behind.

You are choosing to stay on a dead server.
    People on a break are not choosing anything.

But even so, forcing this move on an entire server (and leaving stuff and guild ships behind) is not fair, either. I don't really understand why forcing a server move on players is seen as OK.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Community Member

The glass may be half full for more people, than the displeased. I'm sure this is not a 1 time only event.

Yeah this. People on this thread are complaining, but people on the reddit sub are really excited. I'm pretty sure a semi voluntary server merge is not seen as a BAD thing by the devs. I think it's WAI.

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by MathisMagic View Post
    Yeah this. People on this thread are complaining, but people on the reddit sub are really excited. I'm pretty sure a semi voluntary server merge is not seen as a BAD thing by the devs. I think it's WAI.
    It is not semi-voluntary. It's a forced choice, leaving behind many who are on breaks, don't keep up with the news, or for a host of other reasons might not want/be able to move.

This is not a good thing. A real server merge would have been a good thing. This is not that.

The Hatchery

Well, Cordovan mentioned on the stream that they've seen the concerns, but they're not going to do anything. If it does turn out negative, then they'll have to see. Or words to that effect.

Very reassuring. Or something. Sure, we mess up all but two of the servers, but hey, "we'll see". Like the VIP bonuses? So maybe "we'll see" next year?

And realistically, what can they do after opening the floodgates? Force-transfer people back? That's not going to go over well, either.

I'm so glad SSG take player concerns over giant sweeping server changes serious. Oh, right.
    Last edited by Dandonk; 02-03-2023 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    There were several other worlds briefly impacted, but by that point it was widely understood that transfers were not functioning, and we had not committed to a free transfer period to those other worlds. Orien and Sarlona had extended issues that prompted us to make this plan in November as a workaround, and that is what we are doing here, now that transfer issues have been resolved.
    That being said, why not give the affected accounts the free transfers? I realize that would be more work, but such a move would actually address the earlier transfer problem created, albeit unintentionally, by SSG. The approach SSG is taking comes across as a less caring approach. It's like, "Why use a laser to precisely treat the problem when it is cheaper and quicker to just drop a bomb. The problem will still be addressed and we don't care about collateral damage." This has the potential to severely hurt some of the servers. Please, explain the reasoning behind SSG's decision.
    Respect your home plane of existence. It is unique and cannot be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirea View Post
    Leveling up a guild ship doesn’t even take that long. Death Smile gets to like level 150 every hardcore season, even the short seasons. And everyone pooling shards together, getting the big airship isn’t unobtainable.

A lot of end game players on Ghallanda are considering moving. Just where to is the question.
    Comparing the way Death Smiles levels up on HC is misleading. DS maxes out it's population within a day or two of Hard Core opening due to the special dynamics of HC. Such a dynamic does not happen on regular servers so the collective resources will not be available to many.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by plantman81 View Post
    comparing the way death smiles levels up on hc is misleading. Ds maxes out it's population within a day or two of hard core opening due to the special dynamics of hc. Such a dynamic does not happen on regular servers so the collective resources will not be available to many.
    wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    I certainly understand why it will be nice to get the HCL characters home, finally.

As for losing stuff on xfer. Pets and Mounts may matter to some but many are from xpacs you get on any server and most others are easy enough to get again - if those even matter for you. For me they dont but I am not xferring. Note the guild recruitment post above - if you move servers to join a new guild there is no loss of airship. That leaves only the loss of shards but for most people with many shards that is likely more than offset by getting 50+ free xp pots by xferring goodies from all servers.

So, for those without a happy guild on the current server - is there really a loss? I think you are overstating the loss and understating the gains by a good margin
    I respectfully disagree with your last statement. Of course, each player must evaluate their personal pros and cons regarding transfer. You mention the offset of loss by transfering goodies from all the other servers. I propose this: Create a character on each server. Get the account goodies your account has opened from past purchases (e.g. from expansion packs). Do a free transfer to either Sarlona or Orien. Consolidate the goodies just as you proposed. THEN put all of those goodies on one character on the new server. Pay the 2495 point cost for a character Xfer back to your original server. Basically, one does everything you proposed above, but for 2495 points you get to keep ALL of your current home server benefits. Which is the better value? I know what it is for me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LavidDynch View Post
    wrong.
    Care to elaborate, because there was nothing incorrect in that statement. Also, as I pointed out earlier in the thread they do not get close to 150 in the short seasons, they might make 119 this season.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast