Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Villefere View Post
    Just be warned transferring servers may permanently lock your monster manuals and SSG wont help you.
    Link to where it says that for the official point of view, or quit with the unfounded rumour mongering.
    Orien: Level 400 Cannith Crafter
    (*) - Crafter Advert for Orien
    Guild Leader, Old Curiosity Shop
    "The 'forever' rogue"

Quote Originally Posted by Zavina View Post
    Link to where it says that for the official point of view, or quit with the unfounded rumour mongering.
    Also you should know do not transfer on a Thursday (breaks your moms back) and never ever transfer after midnight!!!
    Khyber: Baeylan, various Annarras

Default Open Guild for any newcomers to Orien

If anyone that is coming to Orien wants a massive (and totally awesome) guild with active chat and raffles and high tolerance (free speech and whatnot), then let me know! The Wildcats lets anyone in, does weekly raids, weekly raffles, and a bunch of other stuff. It is largest guild on server and has all officers.
    Chaotic Good but in real life

Community Member

Cool The Original Brotherhood WELCOMES new transfer players

The original Brotherhood WELCOMES players of all skill types and play styles. If looking for higher reaper grouping or raids we love to help people get their wings. home of some of the strongest players on Orien but not elitist or zerg monsters types. known for our random raid days {i don't like scheduled times random is more fun } for invite hit myslef Songswrath Tinytimm or Drexnan or any other player within guild.
    The Leader of The Original Brotherhood

The game becomes fun once you stop caring how long it take to lvl

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvado View Post
    Wildcat BBS

Fidonet BBS Here

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kelledren View Post
    Also you should know do not transfer on a Thursday (breaks your moms back) and never ever transfer after midnight!!!
    well... it´s always before and after midnight.
    Last edited by LavidDynch; 01-31-2023 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    MOM! Don't pick up the phone!!!
    What? You didn't have a dedicated phone line to run a BBS?

Lol it was "widely understood transfers weren't working" so you left them available in the store and let people just try it? Awesome.
    Last edited by Seph1roth5; 01-31-2023 at 11:24 PM.
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

Community Member

Default Transfers -not thought trough enough

The free transfer will probably cause mass transfers to orien or sarlona by end gamers. Its human, if one go, I should go to. The fear of being left behind. Those staying (guildes taking a paus from ddo, other not following news, casual players) will have very unpopulated servers. How fun is that? Some people might even stop playing. Has performance test been done? Will orien or sarlona end up laggy instead?

I see a reason to merge servers when its done properly by the dev team. Now it just spreading chaos... imo stupid idea!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deltoideus View Post
    The free transfer will probably cause mass transfers to orien or sarlona by end gamers. Its human, if one go, I should go to. The fear of being left behind. Those staying (guildes taking a paus from ddo, other not following news, casual players) will have very unpopulated servers. How fun is that? Some people might even stop playing. Has performance test been done? Will orien or sarlona end up laggy instead?

I see a reason to merge servers when its done properly by the dev team. Now it just spreading chaos... imo stupid idea!
    Merging servers means forcing people to leave. Something had to be done for those that had HC characters to move, there was no other reasonable solution.

Default Always something to complain about...

Why is it that whenever a solution is brought to an issue, a new idea is put forth, or generally any sort of new information brought to this platform, there's always a bunch of people that seek out the first things wrong with it? In this thread, there are hordes of people complaining that Orien or Sarlona will get a surplus of people and leave other servers dry. If you're so concerned that your server will be emptied out during the Great Transfer of '23, maybe you should reconsider your placement as well. If your server is indeed bad enough that you fear hundreds will leave it in search of greener pastures, then maybe, instead of coming to this thread and complaining about changes and plans that have already been made, you should try and fix it.

Orien and Sarlona deserve this little break. No one has been able to transfer over for MONTHS. Not even from hardcore. People suggesting free transfers for every server, why? Why would that be a better idea than what they are doing now? People have been able to transfer to other servers for almost this whole time. This upcoming plan is mainly to help those that got stuck on another server. Yes, it will benefit those looking for a new server, but the whole point was to help the people stuck. I don't really see a better workaround solution.

So please, DDO community, typing on the forums is not like buying a house. You don't need to find anything and everything wrong with something, and put full effort into telling everyone why you think something is a bad idea.
    Chaotic Good but in real life

Community Member

Well, if u were certain it would ruin public end game on ur server... Its looks like already 3 or 5 big guilds are planning to move. That would soon mean plenty of other guilds/players will follow and the more that goes, the more will follow. As I see it, end game is ruined on my server. I (we) have to move aswell. I see the reason, for compensation for orien and sarlona players, but it's gotta be better solutions than this...
    Life might be good on orien or sarlona aswell but, that means farewell to guild amnesties and for me 2000 astral shards and other things..

I think the Devs trying to compensate orien and sarlona players but missing that they are putting other players on others servers in a very hard position.

Weren't one of the reason not to merge the uncertainties of performance issues? Let's just speculate that the load on orien would increase by 50%? I'm just guessing, but I would imagine the most active players are the ones moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvado View Post
    Merging servers means forcing people to leave. Something had to be done for those that had HC characters to move, there was no other reasonable solution.
    A reasonable solution would have been to leave the characters on HC and not start a new HC season until they had fixed the transfer problems and the characters moved to Orien and Sarlona. If they had thought through the ramification of this current solution maybe they would have realized the value of that option. Of course, that solution is no longer possible so they need to do something else. Give a week of free transfers to any server to level the playing field. That is an "other reasonable solution".

Quote Originally Posted by Cranjis View Post
    Why is it that whenever a solution is brought to an issue, a new idea is put forth, or generally any sort of new information brought to this platform, there's always a bunch of people that seek out the first things wrong with it? In this thread, there are hordes of people complaining that Orien or Sarlona will get a surplus of people and leave other servers dry. ...
    If the solution risks introducing more problems it is worth point out no? Or should one only look at the positives of a solution and not the negatives?

The problem is that this solution not only helps those that have stranded Hardcore Characters that deserve help, it also benefits players on Sarlona and Orien that is completely unrelated to Hardcore and risks causing depopulation problem on other servers. Helping HC characters really needs to be solved so that has to be done. With the way it has been handled they likely cannot specifically help those characters and have to open it up. In that case open it up to all servers and keep things equitable.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

I think the Devs trying to compensate orien and sarlona players but missing that they are putting other players on others servers in a very hard position.
    I agree.

People that have had their characters stuck on different servers definitely deserve to get them back to where they want them. I do not argue against that.

I do argue against this free-for-all that are, from what I hear from people on my server, going to take a sizeable chunk of the endgame players away. I don't think it's a good idea to mess up all the other servers in the process of getting the HC toons to where they belong.

So maybe, just maybe, put off this transfer option until they can do it for just the characters that were impacted. Or, if that will be too hard, open the transfers for everyone so noone will feel pushed to change servers. Or... heck, I don't know. Feel free to come up with more ideas.

Again: People should definitely get their HC toons to the servers they want them on. There's no way anything else would be fair.

I just don't think they should do it in a way that messes with other servers. Find a better way.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

This is how I see it. If so many of the "end game "players leave to go to the 2 open servers, so what? People are talking about that if they leave everyone else will follow. What are you people mice? Following the Pied Piper? OK, now what when they get there? Do you really think that these elitist players are going to want to join someone else's guild? Most likely not. Its why we see new guild popping up almost monthly with the same players, just different guild names.
    I am on Ghallanda, was originally from Fernia before the game decided we had to consolidate servers. I am neither a causal or an elitist player, end game isn't here yet so I cant be one of those either. I have been here since before it was for sale in 2006, and I have seen many players come and go. The issue I see today is that these players don't have any respect for anyone they play with. Joining someone else's group and just doing what you want no matter what the group leader has requested. Why? I haven't figured that out yet, but I have many ideas.
    So if these type of people want to leave and all go to another server, let them! Let them butt heads when the other so called best players in the game get in the same group. That would almost be fun enough for me to care.
    Again, it was a broken thing that they are fixing to get transfers done. I'm all for giving us what we pay for, but all the other stuff about how your server will be a wasteland after they leave, enjoy it people, enjoy it. Now we can finally run a quest without worrying if someone will join and think they can do as they please because of a build they got off the forums and can run a quest faster than anyone else.
    My feelings wont be hurt if those players leave and do not return. As the saying goes, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    When you ignore any type of leadership, you yourself are not fit to lead.

Community Member

One thing to keep in mind before transferring. Orien has been the default server for months and has been steadily increasing in population. It is often the most populated server in DDO eclipsing Argonnessen lately. If too many transfer there it is going to end up being a lag fest. I hope they will keep an eye on this and change the default server when the lag gets out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    A reasonable solution would have been to leave the characters on HC and not start a new HC season until they had fixed the transfer problems and the characters moved to Orien and Sarlona. If they had thought through the ramification of this current solution maybe they would have realized the value of that option. Of course, that solution is no longer possible so they need to do something else. Give a week of free transfers to any server to level the playing field. That is an "other reasonable solution".

snip.
    Just give everyone the chance to move freely. Make a schedule for all I care. Roll a dice for the place on the list. But this might shift things considerably.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dogbreath68 View Post
    This is how I see it. If so many of the "end game "players leave to go to the 2 open servers, so what? People are talking about that if they leave everyone else will follow. What are you people mice? Following the Pied Piper? OK, now what when they get there? Do you really think that these elitist players are going to want to join someone else's guild? Most likely not. Its why we see new guild popping up almost monthly with the same players, just different guild names.
    I am on Ghallanda, was originally from Fernia before the game decided we had to consolidate servers. I am neither a causal or an elitist player, end game isn't here yet so I cant be one of those either. I have been here since before it was for sale in 2006, and I have seen many players come and go. The issue I see today is that these players don't have any respect for anyone they play with. Joining someone else's group and just doing what you want no matter what the group leader has requested. Why? I haven't figured that out yet, but I have many ideas.
    So if these type of people want to leave and all go to another server, let them! Let them butt heads when the other so called best players in the game get in the same group. That would almost be fun enough for me to care.
    Again, it was a broken thing that they are fixing to get transfers done. I'm all for giving us what we pay for, but all the other stuff about how your server will be a wasteland after they leave, enjoy it people, enjoy it. Now we can finally run a quest without worrying if someone will join and think they can do as they please because of a build they got off the forums and can run a quest faster than anyone else.
    My feelings wont be hurt if those players leave and do not return. As the saying goes, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

right i remeber ...blah blah blah from the start guy ...........yawn

Default mass exodus

The performance test has been done. It's called Hard Core League seasons 1 through 7. We have 2 choices next week. Get on the bus or get run over.
    The other servers will be so dead that you'll never get a pug group again. The server populations have been slowly dwindling for years. If the devs forced another server merge
    everyone would complain about losing product. This way if you leave it's totally voluntary. As Mr. Spock would say, It was the most "logical" choice.
    Last edited by bigdaddy67; 02-01-2023 at 09:05 PM.
    Home : Ghallanda
    Main Toon : Drizzk
    Demeanor : All around cool guy that loves D&D

The solution is simple. Just open up free transfers to all servers during the period and let the players decide for themselves.
    That way no servers or players are hurt as no options are removed, only options added.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast