Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Wink See you guys in Orien in a week :D

My friends and I have been waiting for this opportunity for a while!

bye bye khyber
    Dragblood of Khyber
    Left DDO for GF

Instigator of Sharn-anigans druidsfireddo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superevbully View Post
    u know how many memebers of my guild are a decade older than i and im in my late 40s ..........let alone never having played other games ...come man lol
    *chuckles* I'm older than you, mate. Just applying some common sense here.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Heard from one more guild today that will probably be moving. It's gonna suck...
    Only for those left behind.

Don't be one of those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Khimberlhyte View Post
    2) If you need a paywall to keep players trapped on your server, and fear that people will leave for greener pastures the moment they can do so for free, then you might want to think about what makes it worthwhile to play on your server. What type of atmosphere does the server have, and what is the player community like? What you wrote and the way you wrote it would make me question the wisdom of picking Ghallanda.
    I think you missed the point.

For example one of the fairness concerns is that players on Sarlona and Orien can move over mules who had a year of free gold roles for free because the transfer is not limited to characters that originally came from HC. Players on other servers who may have been accumulating rolls to see if it worth transferring to their home server get no such benefit. An open transfer to any server will eliminate this special favor to players on those 2 servers.

Personally, I don't care, but these are the types of things that SSG needs to be better at handling when they rush out changes and work-arounds for broken systems. If the resolution greatly benefits some players over others then it creates ill will that SSG cannot really afford.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirea View Post
    Leveling up a guild ship doesn’t even take that long. Death Smile gets to like level 150 every hardcore season, even the short seasons. And everyone pooling shards together, getting the big airship isn’t unobtainable.

A lot of end game players on Ghallanda are considering moving. Just where to is the question.
    Right around 150 in the full seasons, but not in the short seasons, I doubt it will be 120 this season. That is with a capped guild the entire time and saga rewards going to the guild.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    <snip>
    No, insignificant points simply don't matter to me. The last time I checked, DDO is a Player vs Enemy game, where the main advantage is from grinding past lives.

The person i quoted claimed players on Orien and Sarlona would get a "massive advantage". Most of the gold roll transfer items are fluff. Some XP and discovery potions are not going to give anyone on Orien or Sarlona anything game-breaking. I've never subscribed, but from what I see people post from their gold rolls, you could replace a year of the useful items from gold rolls with a few hundred bucks in the store.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by superevbully View Post
    u know how many memebers of my guild are a decade older than i and im in my late 40s ..........let alone never having played other games ...come man lol
    50's? That's just kids, and I have been on and kicked off game forums going back to last century.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvado View Post
    50's? That's just kids, and I have been on and kicked off game forums going back to last century.
    Game forums? Some of us go back to Usenet newsgroups.

Community Member

Game forums? Some of us go back to Usenet newsgroups.
    Wildcat BBS

2) If you need a paywall to keep players trapped on your server, and fear that people will leave for greener pastures the moment they can do so for free, then you might want to think about what makes it worthwhile to play on your server. What type of atmosphere does the server have, and what is the player community like? What you wrote and the way you wrote it would make me question the wisdom of picking Ghallanda.
    I am not sure how you can possibly read that into my posts but I obviously better clarify.

I like G-land and I am very happy with my guild. I dont see anything wrong with Gland that isnt very likely similarly an issue with the other servers as well - namely too low population. So, I dont really think the servers except for Wayfinder are that different.

But every server is likely to have some people that are less than happy and thus ready to try something else for whatever reason. When those people get a chance at the same time but only with 2 out of 7 servers as possible destinations you are likely to get an influx of players on those two servers. Not because those servers are better or worse but because they are available. Even worse - more players will see the likelihood of these two servers getting a larger population and want to be part of that nomatter what server it would be on.

If all 7 servers were available things would be in balance, as I have posted several times before, so this has absolutely nothing to do with a particular server not being a good place or another server being a great place. It is entirely about availability.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

No, insignificant points simply don't matter to me. The last time I checked, DDO is a Player vs Enemy game, where the main advantage is from grinding past lives.

The person i quoted claimed players on Orien and Sarlona would get a "massive advantage". Most of the gold roll transfer items are fluff. Some XP and discovery potions are not going to give anyone on Orien or Sarlona anything game-breaking. I've never subscribed, but from what I see people post from their gold rolls, you could replace a year of the useful items from gold rolls with a few hundred bucks in the store.
    If 77 xp pots + various other items are "fluff" to you I have a feeling you might belong to a tiny minority. If you find a "few hundred bucks" to be insignificant that only reinforced that feeling.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

I like how you call it an insignificant point but don't address that you completely made up a false claim about the other poster was trying to say. It's "insignificance" does not change the fact that you mis read the other posters point.

Odd, that they are fluff that provide no advantage because they can be replaced with a few hundred bucks. Most people would call a few hundred bucks rather significant.

I don't think the point that the other poster had was that Sarlona and Orien shouldn't get the free the transfer but that all servers should get the free transfers to keep it "fair". I am not certain what your point was other than the desire to attack and dismiss other posters.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    There were several other worlds briefly impacted, but by that point it was widely understood that transfers were not functioning, and we had not committed to a free transfer period to those other worlds. Orien and Sarlona had extended issues that prompted us to make this plan in November as a workaround, and that is what we are doing here, now that transfer issues have been resolved.
    Briefly is a relative term. The issue is that these were characters we couldn't move out of HC to Argo/other homeworld. HC had a finite end-delete date, and we were told ensure we got our characters off HC before the end. I don't particularly want to move to Orien or Sarlona just to put my characters in one single place.

The transfer issue wasn't able to be fixed before the season ended and thus impacted all users. Personally I tried for weeks to transfer some of those characters off with no luck. The thought of paying to move them at all irks me. It doesn't generate good will. The potential financial impact should be limited by the small window.

Transferring out to either of those worlds isn't what I want to do but it seems the best option in light of the current policy.

If it didn't generate too much work and you had the information on file to determine where the character was created, perhaps you could have users file it to be done manually for free via tickets and support doing it with the tooling on their side? Only those characters created on HC would be moved for free, any other characters would be subject to the normal transfer restrictions.

Plenty of people probably wouldn't go through the hassle of doing the support ticket at all if that was the only route I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    I think you missed the point.

For example one of the fairness concerns is that players on Sarlona and Orien can move over mules who had a year of free gold roles for free because the transfer is not limited to characters that originally came from HC. Players on other servers who may have been accumulating rolls to see if it worth transferring to their home server get no such benefit. An open transfer to any server will eliminate this special favor to players on those 2 servers.

Personally, I don't care, but these are the types of things that SSG needs to be better at handling when they rush out changes and work-arounds for broken systems. If the resolution greatly benefits some players over others then it creates ill will that SSG cannot really afford.
    Step 1) Move mules from all servers to Orien with all the high value stuff you want to move.
    Step 2) consolidate it as much as possible onto a maxxed out storage toon (buy additional bank/backpack space as necessary)
    Step 3) Pay for 1 transfer to your main server with all the ddo store points you have been sitting on forever.

Thats my plan anyway. I have NO intention of leaving my home server. But hey, that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicis View Post
    Step 1) Move mules from all servers to Orien with all the high value stuff you want to move.
    Step 2) consolidate it as much as possible onto a maxxed out storage toon (buy additional bank/backpack space as necessary)
    Step 3) Pay for 1 transfer to your main server with all the ddo store points you have been sitting on forever.

Thats my plan anyway. I have NO intention of leaving my home server. But hey, that's just me.
    Thats a solid plan. Not as good as SSG just opening up free transfers for a week to all servers (call it the anniversary party) but nice as a backup. Now can you add me a step that has me go back in time and roll those free gold rolls on all the servers . I seemed to have missed that part of the plan

Just be warned transferring servers may permanently lock your monster manuals and SSG wont help you.

Instigator of Sharn-anigans druidsfireddo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    If it didn't generate too much work and you had the information on file to determine where the character was created, perhaps you could have users file it to be done manually for free via tickets and support doing it with the tooling on their side? Only those characters created on HC would be moved for free, any other characters would be subject to the normal transfer restrictions.

Plenty of people probably wouldn't go through the hassle of doing the support ticket at all if that was the only route I suspect.
    And plenty of people would. This would be an unnecessary burden on CS and take them away from significantly far more important issues and tickets to address, such as restoring account access. If they'd gone this route, I'd hate to be in their ticket queue.

As it stands, while not the most perfect option, it's prolly the only one they had time/resources to implement. I imagine they have their reasons for why they didn't do any of the other hypothetical plans that look good on paper but just weren't in the time or resource budget to enact in the amount of time they had to implement a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicis View Post

This is my plan exactly as well. The only thing different is that I will move all my stuff to Sarlona from all the other servers that doesn’t fit on my transfer toon to Khyber, just in case I do wind up on Sarlona one day. Or if Sarlona does become some sort of amazing mega population server, then maybe I’ll transfer one of my characters over to it. Plus Voodu is there! That guy cracks me up!
    Khyber: Baeylan, various Annarras

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kelledren View Post
    This is my plan exactly as well. The only thing different is that I will move all my stuff to Sarlona from all the other servers that doesn’t fit on my transfer toon to Khyber, just in case I do wind up on Sarlona one day. Or if Sarlona does become some sort of amazing mega population server, then maybe I’ll transfer one of my characters over to it. Plus Voodu is there! That guy cracks me up!
    Yeah, their guild hosts a Halloween event every year that's super fun. Trivia, costume contest, trick-or-treating. Plus their occasional summer teaching raids. Presumably other servers have their own Big Guilds that Do Events, but. That's the one I know.

Default hiss grrr ding tone tone

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvado View Post
    Wildcat BBS
    MOM! Don't pick up the phone!!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast