Default New install on Windows 11 ask for UAC prompt everytime

the settings all appear the same on both my desk top and my laptop. Only my desktop asks for the UAC prompt every time I start the client. any idea why?

Fresh install of Windows 11 and fresh install of DDO. I run as administrator. UAC settings are the same on both desktop and laptop.

I have tried a repair and uninstall and reinstall. Not a huge deal, but kind of weird and trying to understand why it is different
    Last edited by Bolo_Grubb; 01-29-2023 at 07:43 PM.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post
    the settings all appear the same on both my desk top and my laptop. Only my desktop asks for the UAC prompt every time I start the client. any idea why?

Fresh install of Windows 11 and fresh install of DDO. I run as administrator. UAC settings are the same on both desktop and laptop.

I have tried a repair and uninstall and reinstall. Not a huge deal, but kind of weird and trying to understand why it is different
    have you tried running in a compatibility mode for win 10?
    right click on the short cut and select it.

Make sure the account you are logged in as has access to the DDO folders and not just through an Admin group permission. I have had the UAC issue in the past when the account only had access through an Admin group. It could access the folder but was always prompted until access was given to the account.

Quote Originally Posted by archest View Post
    have you tried running in a compatibility mode for win 10?
    right click on the short cut and select it.
    thanks for the idea I will try that

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    Make sure the account you are logged in as has access to the DDO folders and not just through an Admin group permission. I have had the UAC issue in the past when the account only had access through an Admin group. It could access the folder but was always prompted until access was given to the account.
    I am the only account on the computer and I am an administrator.

You need writing permissions to all folders. Sometimes it is only stuck on read.

Good luck.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    You need writing permissions to all folders. Sometimes it is only stuck on read.

Good luck.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Thank you. This seemed to be the key. Even though the only account on the computer is an admin with write permissions, I was getting the UAC prompt. The "user" group did not have write permissions so I changed that and now it does not prompt for UAC each time.
    Last edited by Bolo_Grubb; 01-31-2023 at 09:06 AM.

Community Member

Thank you. This seemed to be the key. Even though the only account on the computer is an admin with write permissions, I was getting the UAC prompt. The "user" group did not have write permissions so I changed that and now it does not prompt for UAC each time.
    I recommend that you create a user account and not use an account with admin permissions. When something needs to be installed it will prompt you for the admin credentials.