Default DDO Players News Episode 322 - Hasbro's OGL Critical Failure

Special Note - this is a NON DDO show this week, EvilBeeker and I discuss the OGL controversy in a very long in-depth conversation. So, if you normally only listen to the show for DDO news and talk, there is none this week, this is a D&D/RPG focused episode. I'm just posting in here, in case anyone wants to here or wants more information on the OGL controversy. We will be back next with the normal show (DDO/Tabletop Talk)

As I said in the add-on at the start of the show, I did not get this show edited in a timely manner and was late in getting it released, the Hasbro/WOTC has stepped back on the OGL as of now, I talk about this. So, keep in the mind, the conversation we had in the show, was BEFORE this news broke... I'm a horrible person and podcast producer, and for that I am sorry.

Listen/Watch/Stream/Download over at DDO Players
    "Denn Die Toten Reiten Schnell"
    "For The Dead Travel Fast"

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draculetta View Post
    Special Note - this is a NON DDO show this week, EvilBeeker and I discuss the OGL controversy in a very long in-depth conversation. So, if you normally only listen to the show for DDO news and talk, there is none this week, this is a D&D/RPG focused episode. I'm just posting in here, in case anyone wants to here or wants more information on the OGL controversy. We will be back next with the normal show (DDO/Tabletop Talk)

As I said in the add-on at the start of the show, I did not get this show edited in a timely manner and was late in getting it released, the Hasbro/WOTC has stepped back on the OGL as of now, I talk about this. So, keep in the mind, the conversation we had in the show, was BEFORE this news broke... I'm a horrible person and podcast producer, and for that I am sorry.

Listen/Watch/Stream/Download over at DDO Players
    No my friend you are not. I watch every episode via facebook, (as long as i remember to disable vpn) lol. This episode was very informative, as I have an interest in OGL w/ wotc.
    Keep up the good work.

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Also, anyone here that is into some of the history of the never-ending soap opera of D&D/WotC should listen/watch & read. You've done an outstanding job of research. Kudos

I'm halfway through this and, so far, it's fantastic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Old_Gamer View Post
    And they shouldn't.

No reason they, or anybody else, should be at the mercy of WotC/Hasbro and their "irrevocable" OGL 1.0a ever again!

WotC/Hasbro is just not trustworthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Old_Gamer View Post
    No my friend you are not. I watch every episode via facebook, (as long as i remember to disable vpn) lol. This episode was very informative, as I have an interest in OGL w/ wotc.
    Keep up the good work.
    Thanks for the kind words! I know this podcast is very different DDO podcast.. So nice to hear people do enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    I'm halfway through this and, so far, it's fantastic!
    Thanks! I thought it turned out pretty darn good!

Cool

Thanks to everyone that listened.