Default Acolyte of the Skin is awesome, Chang my Mind

I don't know how this will be tuned or how it will play.

I saw strimtoms video, I am so thankful he explained that the way he did. The fact that the class has a transformation mechanic that is counter to it's normal gameplay is awesome. The first of it's kind!!

As long as the demon form is straight epic, and not goofy or overwrought in design. I hope they overtune the **** out of the melee version.

It's a completely new fantasy. I know it might be ****. But on its face thank you thank you thank you!

I hope it multiclasses a hundred ways.

Give it a Chance, pls. If you are not happy with it, that's okay. But let's not negate the hours of work that has gone into it, and hey I am here to say that I am for this and thinks it's very cool!
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Community Member

Well, I really hope that it has a way to bypass evil/fire/fear immunities.

Just remember that this was an accidental exposure of the archtype, and when it is released it might not look anything like what was seen in this preview.

That's why i try to say caution to both sides: Those that love it from what they saw, and those that hate it from what they saw. We were told right off the bat that it was not ready for testing nor feedback, meaning it was in no way finished. I'm excited for a Warlock Archtype as well, but I definitely want to wait to see what it's actually going to be on the next preview before making any conclusions or getting my hopes up.

It's not fair to SSG to get disappointed over this tree if it's not what people expect on the first preview it's a available, but on the same note it's also not fair to be excited and expect it to be exactly like what was leaked either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I don't run reaper so I personally do NOT give a capybara butt about content above elite.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xezom View Post
    Just remember that this was an accidental exposure of the archtype, and when it is released it might not look anything like what was seen in this preview.

It's not fair to SSG to get disappointed over this tree if it's not what people expect on the first preview it's a available, but on the same note it's also not fair to be excited and expect it to be exactly like what was leaked either.
    I totally agree here. I like the transform into a devil sort of thing. It would be cooler if it was more like a form change like druids get, with no duration. Generally speaking, if I had the opportunity to live in that form, I probably would.

No matter how you slice it, it seems interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrag View Post
    I totally agree here. I like the transform into a devil sort of thing. It would be cooler if it was more like a form change like druids get, with no duration. Generally speaking, if I had the opportunity to live in that form, I probably would.

No matter how you slice it, it seems interesting.

That's fair, to expect to always be in demon form. But I like the idea of it being overturned, and very powerful. I hope that the gather mechanic is not so limiting that u cannot do it more than once a quest. I am hoping if I are actively fighting through a quest u can transform many times, and maybe even bank a transformation for a certain moment, like a boss fight.

More clearly, that u can build a stack of the transformation while being transformed.
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Community Member

This post did not age well lol

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    This post did not age well lol
    Most definitely not. AotS is probably one of the most broken lamannia first showings we've had in quite a while. Broken bad, not broken OP. There are some... interesting choices that were made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I don't run reaper so I personally do NOT give a capybara butt about content above elite.

Default Let's fix it then.

the transformation is locked at tier 5, AND has no option to upgrade, via feat or enhancements the transformation must be over tuned and last at the very very least 90 seconds.

Quests are too big for a KEY feature to last 30 seconds. I would stick it at 2 minutes. With options to extend or affected by Metamagic extend.

It should feel like claw swipes and/or have a buff strikethrough, and possibly be considered to be linked to the two handed strikethrough feat tree.--this will help balance, as now your have significant feat investment. Make sure the demon is OVERTUNED.

Additionally, the demon form should be OVERTUNED.

Try adding into core4 or Tier 5, an Enhancement that will auto change to demon when taking lethal damage in normal form. Also it should full heal and remove debuffs, and make immune to cc effects for 3 seconds.
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Default Problems

Someone else highlighted some of the archetype's problems in this thread.

Community Member

Why does this remind me of the older Tree builds?

There is still time to go the Hideous Blow or Eldrich Glaive path. The tree and the transformation already resonates well with a melee build and it also seems to me it would be better for multiclassing at least with martial ones.

Default First Up in Review DDO DM Podcast

Hello Friends!

I will be reviewing this Archetype this week on DDO DM: Podcast. I have had time to play this through two lives, one pure, and one multiclass. I am so eager to share my thoughts that I wanted to post on the forums. I am ahem, coming out of my skin with excitement over this Archetype.

A great big, big shout out to the Archetype Teams who worked so passionately on this one.

I want to thank the all the players for stepping up and offering their feedback as well.

I AM VERY HAPPY AS A CUSTOMER, AND I AM PERSONALLY OVERJOYED TO SEE THIS ARCHETYPE...THANK YOU!!

tHANK yOU THANK YOU Thank You tHANK yOU THANK YOU Thank You tHANK yOU THANK YOU Thank You tHANK yOU THANK YOU Thank You tHANK yOU THANK YOU Thank YoutHANK yOU THANK YOU Thank You
    tHANK yOU THANK YOU Thank YoutHANK yOU THANK YOU Thank YoutHANK yOU THANK YOU Thank YoutHANK yOU THANK YOU Thank YoutHANK yOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!