Community Member

Default Monk Archetype: Drunken Master

Based of the Drunken Master PrC

Focus: Alchemist like Monk. Switches between the three reaction states of alchemist rather than the combo/finisher of the original monk. Random, chaotic. May have alignment restrictions altered from a normal monk

Lose: Elemental Stances, strikes, finishers. The Light/Dark thing
    Gains: Guildleaf strike, Crimsonite strike, and cerulite strike; reaction finisher, reaction stance; reaction focus

Crimsonite strike - Costs Ki - Deals a random elemental damage to the target with Ki weapon, while in Pyrite Stance the strike's element might do what the target is venerable to if possible. While in Orchidium stance the monk gains resistance to the element equal to monk level for 5-10 seconds. If in Verdanite stance and going to Pyrite stance, this elemental damage is done in a small AoE, if going to Orchidium this resistance is applied to allies as well

Guild Leaf Strike - Costs ki - Might Deal random elemnt (But less damage than Crimsonite strike) Applys a random Debuff to the enemy for 10 seconds; Decreased AC, Decreased AB, Decreased Damage, Decrease Saves (Or specific one) Decreased Spell Resistance, Decreased Movement, etc. If in Pyrite Stance, two debuffs are applied at the same time. If in Verdanite Stance, The enemy is afflicted with another random status effect; Prone, Blinded, Venerable to Sneak Attack, Stunned, Dazed, etc. If going from Orchidium to to Verdnite the second debuff is applied in an AoE but does not affect the target. Going from Orchidium to Pyrite the status effect is applied in a small AoE but does not affect the main target.

Cerulite Strike - costs ki - slight increase in damage Applies a random buff to monk on successful hit for 10 seconds; Double strike/double shot; alchemical bonus to attack speed, increased dodge, increased AB, etc. If in Orchidium stance, the strike has Feeding effect on Vorpal strike or a smaller amount of temp HP (10 second cool down). if in Verdanite Stance; applies random buff spell for 10 seconds; Haste, Shield, Jump, Tumble, Invisibility, etc. If going from Pyrite to Orchidium the Temp Hp is applied to all allies in AoE. IF in Verdanite Stance, the random buff is applied to all allies in AoE

Finisher

• Crim + Crim + Crim = Crimsonite Finisher - Does all five elemental damage types in a cone
    • Crim + Crim +Guild Leaf or Guild +Guild + Crim = Pyrite Finisher does 5 element AoE centered on monk to all enemies in an area. If in Pyrite Stance this applies Vunerable to all five elements for 10 seconds to each enemy first (Saving throw negates)
    • Guild + Guild + Guild = Guildleaf Finisher - Monk Makes 2 attacks; Heals all allies in AoE around the monk and have the effects of lesser restoration applied
    • Guild + Guild + Cerulite or Cerulite + Cerulite + Guild = Verdanite Finisher - Monk Makes 2 attacks; For the next five seconds or so enemies need to make saving throw when near the monk every second or they're affected by a random status effect. If in Verdanite Stance, allies have a random buff every 2 seconds for 10 seconds.
    • Cerulite + Cerulite + Cerulite = Cerulite finisher - Monk makes two attacks; The Monk is Hasted, Displaced, increased PPR and MPR, for 10 seconds
    • Cerulite + Cerulite + Crim or Crim + Crim + Cerulite = Orchidium Finisher - AoE Poison damage. Applies Contaminated to all enemies.

2. Drunken Master Enhancement Tree
    • Core 1: Each core gives +1% dodge, +1 dodge cap +1 saving throw vs Poisons/Diseases and +2 poison resistance
    • Core 2: Immune to most forms of knock down
    • Core 3: Can Tumble through enemies (Like Acrobat Thief)
    • Core 4: Immune to Slippery surfaces
    • Core 5: Immune to Nauseated
    • Core 6: +2 Wisdom +2 Dex
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

• 01-24-2023, 08:44 AM

Community Member

Reason
    error

Default Nice work

It's nice to see someone else interested in the future of DDO. I appreciate your work here it looks awesome, excellent idea grabbing alchemist mechanics.

I think you could add some alchemist buffs as SLAs. And maybe funda theme and grab decide on crowd control or dps spell slas.

Hot take, I think some cc, especially AOE cc would benefit this play. I don't want to spoil your thought process this is a great idea!
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EdsanDarkbane View Post
    It's nice to see someone else interested in the future of DDO. I appreciate your work here it looks awesome, excellent idea grabbing alchemist mechanics.

I think you could add some alchemist buffs as SLAs. And maybe funda theme and grab decide on crowd control or dps spell slas.

Hot take, I think some cc, especially AOE cc would benefit this play. I don't want to spoil your thought process this is a great idea!
    Yeah part of the design thought here is that the Drunken Master would switch between different attacks and states, based off the Alchemist. But where an Alchemist is often encouraged to stay in one state (At least how I feel when playing it) the Drunken master is encouraged to switch between different states being a sort of Jack of All Trades in combat. Kinda thinking the enhancement pool might lend things to more AoE crowd control instead of just debuffing but still keep the randomized chaotic nature.

Might lose a few more class features for Alchemist stuff too, like some of the alchemist buffs. Perhaps a special bonus to potions of wonder that would be in a class feature.